Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    @Baconeggcheese Boomerang Pro, Attack Up L, Crit Eye L, and Earplus I believe. You just need 3 of the skills though because you can teach your Palico one of them. The abilties you need are an Attacking cat with Piercing Boomerang and Big Boomerang. You want to teach them Emergency Exit from a Assist cat so you need both the boomerang abiltiies out of the box.

That's the core. You could try and go for other skills like dung bombs or something but the ones I listed are the bread and butter "mandatory" skills and abilities.
    ^This. Theres a support called 'poogiep' being passed around and an attacker called something like 'Nyantalex' which start at lvl.1 with earplugs, crit up and so on. Like pokerus people are opening new rooms to pass it on themselves, gave them to a fair few people myself already.

Min/maxing your palicos, MHGen's true end game.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Screw this game! Accepted a mission to kill a bulldrome (and a 'danger'). I though...aaah easy.

Suddenly I come across some pearlescent water-dragon I never saw before (the one in the intro-video) and I start fighting it. Everything goes...ok...until the frikking bulldrome decides to join the fight. I think I was pretty close to killing the dragon (at least it seemed 'tired'), but I died too many times. Must have taken me more than an hour to get nothing!

Revenge shall be mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Screw this game! Accepted a mission to kill a bulldrome (and a 'danger'). I though...aaah easy.

Suddenly I come across some pearlescent water-dragon I never saw before (the one in the intro-video) and I start fighting it. Everything goes...ok...until the frikking bulldrome decides to join the fight. I think I was pretty close to killing the dragon (at least it seemed 'tired'), but I died too many times. Must have taken me more than an hour to get nothing!

Revenge shall be mine!
    Its best to think of some monsters like Minecraft Creepers. They exist to roll up behind you at inopportune times to go "hey nice work you got going on here, be a shame if someone were to ruin it".

I'm looking at every Gypceros in the Everwood ever.

Fought the "end game" monster of multiplayer yesterday in a friend's urgent quest. I'm not sure what to make of him because I think he's less impressive than something like Dalamadur or Gog. That said, it was only his low rank version so I'm hoping high rank is more interesting since he seems to have a sort of "enrage" state like Gog had but I think we staggered him out of it or something.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

Finally got my rathalos mixed set going and oh my god did I miss razorsharp. Literally don't even use whetstones since I use absolute readiness and never drop down a sharpness level. Also happy to be wearing something that's more appealing to look at. Hell even got a nice handful of weapons going now as opposed to just having 1 weapon for most of the beginning since nothing else was worth making.

4* is where the game starts as far as I'm concerned.
    @Waervyn make sure to bring dung bombs and or have your palicos with the dung bomb skill so that you're not fighting 2 mobs in the same area. I got through that quest by my palicos just dung bombing the bulldrome away every time it showed up. Though iirc if you saved the game after you failed that quest the mizutsune won't show up again. It'll be some other mob.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its best to think of some monsters like Minecraft Creepers. They exist to roll up behind you at inopportune times to go "hey nice work you got going on here, be a shame if someone were to ruin it".

I'm looking at every Gypceros in the Everwood ever.
    Until it's the Deviljo.

Especially roaming Savage Deviljo.

The only actual reason to carry dung bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    I think adept has spoiled me or I don't fully understand aerial. I know I don't want to constantly be dry humping monsters, but it feels like I should literally just dry hump the monsters.
    Yeah, basically. It works best with slower weapon imho as the aerial dodge is really powerful.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my fucking god... Killed the village Glavenus and then accidentally hit the power button. Now I have to do it all over again. Not a huge deal since it was a 4 minute kill, but still. The power button placement on the New 3DS is obnoxious.

I'm not sure I've ever done that, don't you also have to hold it down for a few seconds to have that happen?

My minor annoyance right now with the system is that I replaced the cnub with a psp cap and sometimes when I start the system the camera is just constantly moving in a direction until I restart it. Starting to debate whether or not this mod was worth, cause its fantastic when it works but its obviously not made for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever done that, don't you also have to hold it down for a few seconds to have that happen?

My minor annoyance right now with the system is that I replaced the cnub with a psp cap and sometimes when I start the system the camera is just constantly moving in a direction until I restart it. Starting to debate whether or not this mod was worth, cause its fantastic when it works but its obviously not made for it.
    I think if you hold it down it just shuts off immediately but if you press it then it shuts down any open apps and asks if you want to power off. First time I've done it and now I understand all the complaints when the New 3DS first came out.

Also I ordered a PSP cap a few days ago but I hadn't heard anything about camera problems like the one you described. Maybe you installed it incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Also I ordered a PSP cap a few days ago but I hadn't heard anything about camera problems like the one you described. Maybe you installed it incorrectly?
    There is no installing it incorrectly, there's just a lil square piece that is the Cstick and you push the cap on it.

The thing is the cap is not at all made to go on that square piece, it just happens to fit if you force it on. The cap is an oval with "teeth" near the center, the teeth are actually too far in for it to fit on the cap so you end up forcing the cap on there which flattens out the teeth giving it a snug fit which is well enough, but the cap is still an oval which means there's play in it if you push down on the cap with any real pressure in either of the directions where the oval shape is. This can cause the cap to rock back and forth and come up / loose.

As far as the camera issues I think its that if it isn't pushed all the way in so its flush before turning it on it messes up. And again since its not a perfect fit since the cap wasn't made for this and just happens to fit in there it comes loose.

I actually just remembered someone recommending taking pliers and slowly squeezing in the oval part to make it a square to match the c-nub. So I just did that on one of the extra caps I bought to experiment on. I'll see if that helps or not. Thus far its made me have to push down with a bit more force but time will tell if this holds up fine. Just for context when I initially put the cap on there it actually required a super super light touch to move the camera around, so a bit more force isn't really much more than just a more deliberate press than lightly grazing the thing. I kinda had to lightly graze it before or the cap would wiggle because of the play in the oval parts.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-07-25 at 03:23 PM.

Hub quests my group is now in High Rank (we've just been knocking over the key quests to push us immediately up rather than cleaning them out) and we went after Mr. Owl. I'm not sure if its always what pops up, but it reminded me fondly of my first HR Queropeco because suddenly a wild pickle appeared! I think I have the right group because as Malefestio limped away (he was almost dead when pickle appeared) we immediately turned on pickle and began the epic battle of non high rank weapons (most of us only have rank 1 with upgrades or rank 2 weapons) vs a high rank pickle. I'm pretty sure we almost got him, but our other gunner got stuck in a corner for his hipcheck and missed the adept dodge.

Village quest I've only got 4 more quests left (unless more pop up...) so I'm looking forward to moving ahead on that. I'm trying to be kinda careful with the meownster hunters and gathering too many materials because I don't really want to ruin myself by having HR weapons against low rank (although that'll probably be moot fairly quickly).

Slightly unrelated note, anyone know an armor set that might make me look like the expeditionary team from Attack on Titan. Was thinking of going aerial dual blades and living out that little fantasy.

Deleted
    Soooo...am I supposed to actually beat this t-rex like monster I get to fight in the mushroom gathering quest? I don't even spawn at camp, but right in its face, and it seems to be very hard to evade its tail swipes (which almost one shot me).

Should I just run away and gather the mushrooms?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Soooo...am I supposed to actually beat this t-rex like monster I get to fight in the mushroom gathering quest? I don't even spawn at camp, but right in its face, and it seems to be very hard to evade its tail swipes (which almost one shot me).

Should I just run away and gather the mushrooms?

Yes the quest is meant to introduce you to it but not fight it the game does this for a few of the bigger monsters but if you want you can try to fight it depending on how good you think you are.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-07-25 at 05:49 PM.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

@Waervyn they don't intend you to kill the big mob in any of the 4 quests you'll see like that in 3* (the bubble dragon you saw in the buldrome quest was one of them for instance).

You *can* kill them there, but they have a ton of health and aren't the quest objective. You also won't get enough parts to actually make anything with 1 kill, so its only worth doing for funsies if you like the early challenge. Otherwise just ignore them and complete the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Waervyn they don't intend you to kill the big mob in any of the 4 quests you'll see like that in 3* (the bubble dragon you saw in the buldrome quest was one of them for instance).

You *can* kill them there, but they have a ton of health and aren't the quest objective. You also won't get enough parts to actually make anything with 1 kill, so its only worth doing for funsies if you like the early challenge. Otherwise just ignore them and complete the quest.
    I've noticed you only have to hit them once to unlock some of their stuff at the blacksmith and one crit or powershot gets you something like a dinovaldo fang.

- - - Updated - - -

i FINALLY got through the slog of 3* and fought HororoHoruru/Malfiesto. Fun fight, very fast target but its status effect stuff was surprisingly easy to dodge. Just checked the 4* before calling it a night and nice to see lots of large monster fights but jesus christ i can imagine lots of people knew to monhun reaching 3* and dropping the game because holy shit thats the worst paced in any monster hunter.

@dope_danny yeah I keep saying the game doesn't really start until 4*

Has anyone run into Gore Magala yet? I know theres that arena quest but i swear i heard hes back in the main game and his bow is my favourite pre HR bow.

I just bought MH generations (have never played MH before) and I don't know which weapon/style to use, any suggestions?