Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New nameplates...

Hey.

In Legion Beta / PTR Blizzard added completely new enemy targets' nameplates.

Some of us like them for sure, some of us will use some addon to modify them, but also some of us prefer old-fashioned standard nameplates we had in WoD.

I personally prefer WoD ones. These were big and clear for me and I would love to keep using those WoD nameplates.

Would it be possible to somehow restore WoD's nameplates with some addon or just in options, or idk somehow? There has to be some way!

Thank you :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone? :P

Well, according to this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ion-UI-Changes

You have the ability to make it larger. I did not test this myself, but does this make them look like the original?

"Nameplates were redesigned to have a more compact default look, with the option to make them larger."

You can, in the interface options, check that you wish to have large nameplates, and you can also check so they always show, and not dynamically hide when you aren't in combat with stuff. This way they can act quite closely to how the old once did, but better.

Thanks guys but still not the answer that I was looking for :S

Seems like it's not possible to make them look like they used to look by default. Perhaps is there some addon to make them look default, then?

I'm sure there will be an addon written for it in the near future, but for now it just enlarges the newer bars instead of making them look like the previous ones. The answer to the question is no, there is no way to currently make them look like the pre-Legion health bars.

You can make them larger, but there another problem. In the old version I could have only enemy nameplates show up, and only when they were within like 30 yards or so. And I could have friendly units show only names at the same time.

But now nameplates are either on or off. There's no way to display enemy nameplates only, on all the time. I can make them only show during combat, but that's not useful for targeting.

So basically I have to go find an add-on just to have the functionality that I want that the new nameplates don't do. GG Blizzard, one more thing you've screwed up.

I want the old ones too, I'm so used to the old ones, I'm having trouble in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You can make them larger, but there another problem. In the old version I could have only enemy nameplates show up, and only when they were within like 30 yards or so. And I could have friendly units show only names at the same time.

But now nameplates are either on or off. There's no way to display enemy nameplates only, on all the time. I can make them only show during combat, but that's not useful for targeting.

So basically I have to go find an add-on just to have the functionality that I want that the new nameplates don't do. GG Blizzard, one more thing you've screwed up.
    You can still display only enemies name plates, use the default shortcut: Shift+V toggle enemies name plates on/off Shift+alt+V toggle all name plates on/off
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    You can still display only enemies name plates, use the default shortcut: Shift+V toggle enemies name plates on/off Shift+alt+V toggle all name plates on/off
    Huh...never had to use that option before. Didn't even know it existed. Well, that solves that!

Huh...never had to use that option before. Didn't even know it existed. Well, that solves that!
    Always existed, but before there was a check box to do this on the options too, for some reason or another they believe it was good to remove a lot of options, so they removed the checkbox for these options and put he shortcut in text in their place so /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    You can, in the interface options, check that you wish to have large nameplates, and you can also check so they always show, and not dynamically hide when you aren't in combat with stuff. This way they can act quite closely to how the old once did, but better.
    So I assume addons like Kui nameplates are redundant?

Deleted
    Waiting for TidyPlates to get updated so that they actually work again.

Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    So I assume addons like Kui nameplates are redundant?
    Personally I have not felt the need for nameplate addons like before, so I suggest everyone try out the new plates and tune them using the interface options, maybe it's good enough! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Always existed, but before there was a check box to do this on the options too, for some reason or another they believe it was good to remove a lot of options, so they removed the checkbox for these options and put he shortcut in text in their place so /shrug
    They actually added a drop down list. You can have enemies only, enemies and quest mobs and a couple of other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    They actually added a drop down list. You can have enemies only, enemies and quest mobs and a couple of other options.
    That dropdown list if for names, before you could display names for everything and then mark to only show nameplates for enemies

Hmmm... is there an easy way of changing the nameplates' (and personal resource bar) textures? I don't need a nameplate addon that changes anything more than that. It's just that the texture they chose isn't helping visibility, as it makes the small nameplates look too thin and wastes visibility of the big nameplates with too much contrast between the dark and light parts of the texture.

Also, bars need a really darker background, to make good use of "negative space" for visibility, but that does get into the addon department.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope somebody creates an addon to use the old plates soon, the size options for the new ones are essentially tiny or small

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Waiting for TidyPlates to get updated so that they actually work again.
    Good news, me! The latest version of TidyPlates returned everything to normal. This as a PSA to everyone else who used TidyPlates before, as well; it's now working again.

Legion default plates are a disaster. Looks like tidy plates is a way to go. Hopefully they will add the WoD option.

You're wrong. L2Press buttons more. Use a combination of alt+v or shift+v or maybe ctrl+v until you get a message that all nameplates are off. Then press v to get enemy nameplates up.

Don't blame Blizzard for your incompetence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro