Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    and another one leaving the boat.

Deleted
    So much hate from people that never created or led a product on their own. Things always take longer than expected. Blizzards priority list (god thanks) doesn't match with the priority list of each individual gamer. People need to understand that WoW is the best MMO of all time and maybe the best game ever created. And yes, sometimes its frustrating but like every human being also Blizzard employees make mistakes. The difference is just that they decide more often right than wrong compared to other game companies.

I'm a bit surprised they haven't made personal loot the only loot option in the game and then given some half-assed reason why we're going to enjoy it, like they've done with camera distance and rogue class halls. Like in those instances, though, they seem incredulous that anyone could not view their preferred method as the best. Now, I understand that personal loot is a great tool for pugging - it prevents you from being screwed over by a random group leader. But it kills a large part of the enjoyment of raiding in a guild. It's fun to have loot drop, everyone going to look at what dropped, and then you have to roll as a group for it. You know - a social activity. Personal loot completely removes that experience.

Gonna miss Rygarius, he brought a whole new level to the patch notes. It's a very underappreciated role but he did it with style.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    not surprised, a CM leaving, they are getting leaving blizzard like flies for some reason, though they are just patch writers, so i wouldn't worry much.

wake up me up when a big tech like Tom, Ion, Jeff, or even Metzan leaves

That's more likely because ppl like him and the other two guys were not going to get much of a chance at a promotion at blizzard when they could leave and go be something else than a community manager.

Most of the people who have left are just a CM.

I've always been fond of personal loot as I've never trusted guild's. Having been screwed over before -- and it ended up killing both guilds whose core members gquit when I did, Master Loot is only good when BiS goes to the appropriate people always. Alas, that's not what ever ended up happening. Master Loot is always /roll and whoever gets the highest roll wins. Another guild I was looking at uses DKP type system which I'm inherently not trusting of due to previous burns I mentioned.

Personal loot avoids all that drama entirely.

love the "doomsayers" comment about sicking ship, we been reading the same comment over 8 years now. HAHAHHAHAHHAHA

i just picture they as hobos with a sign on the streets. Literally they always wrong. hahahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    love the "doomsayers" comment about sicking ship, we been reading the same comment over 8 years now. HAHAHHAHAHHAHA

i just picture they as hobos with a sign on the streets. Literally they always wrong. hahahhaha
    hmm, not easy to agree when you look at the subs since 2-3 months after WoD release. or after cata, or after... hmm, no, i do not agree.

Aww man, Coffee Bird was one cool dude. I wish the guy luck on whatever endeavor he takes on next.

Deleted
    Don't really care who works there, and who leaves. Never heard of that guy before. Well, won't stop the Doomsayers from handing out their Pamphlets.

Personal Loot just keeps getting better and better. It's wonderful.

So about that guy leaving:
    How do you know the circumstances of his departure? You don't, therefore you can't draw any conclusions. He might have been fired for all we know. Or if he wasn't why do you think his position was all he ever dreamt of and was going to stay at for life? If you dream posting in the social media to be the peak of your career realization, maybe he didn't. And he is going to have a damn good background with "Blizzard Entertainment" as his previous employer.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Don't really care who works there, and who leaves. Never heard of that guy before. Well, won't stop the Doomsayers from handing out their Pamphlets.
    That.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    I'm a bit surprised they haven't made personal loot the only loot option in the game and then given some half-assed reason why we're going to enjoy it, like they've done with camera distance and rogue class halls. Like in those instances, though, they seem incredulous that anyone could not view their preferred method as the best. Now, I understand that personal loot is a great tool for pugging - it prevents you from being screwed over by a random group leader. But it kills a large part of the enjoyment of raiding in a guild. It's fun to have loot drop, everyone going to look at what dropped, and then you have to roll as a group for it. You know - a social activity. Personal loot completely removes that experience.
    You still have this option - there are other options apart from PL and ML.
    Last edited by Dinousek; 2016-07-22 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinousek View Post
    You still have this option - there are other options apart from PL and ML.
    I know it's still an option. I was explaining why, for me, I prefer master loot, since the Blizzard guy posting it seemed to not understand why you wouldn't prefer personal. Also was making a joke that recently they've made sweeping changes and assured us that we'll enjoy it.

PL against ML

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    The changes to personal loot and master loot honestly shouldnt affect people. Personal loot is perfectly acceptable now that you can trade. Most guilds will still use master loot for progression.

As i guild I’m totally disagree on PL, too many items lost for no reason.. on PL you don’t have the option to give item for OS if a MS don’t needed, ofc takes more time until you give the loot and special when ppl don’t reply fast enough if they want it or not (last year’s day by day ppl want to rush everything) for pugs i totally agree for PL if you don’t know/trust the leader, otherwise ML is the best for the previous reason i mention. I hope Legion won’t affect the loot distribute system for guilds.