Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I would say "And we like having you here, especially your food!" but as we all know, I bow down to foreign forces taking over Germany, so take it as you will, it's probably not worth much.

What I should say is "Stay home you slavic scum! You are dirtying our pure culture with your southern culture! You are unclean!"

I do apologize, but that's apparently the appropriate thing to say in these circumstances.
    Some people will never learn, I guess. It's interesting, I'm currently reading the Cthulhu Mythos from Lovecraft and others, most of those stories were published from 1928 to 1935. And most of those authors (white, rich Americans in New England) have subtly racist and anti-ethnic (towards certain ethnicities like Slavs) stances. You can clearly see it in their writings. And when I read it, I view it mostly as a historical artifact, because I remember that those people hadn't seen the consequences of WWII.

What's scary is that things like that aren't really a historical artifact. Some people truly do not learn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I don't give two shits if you have a degree in theology, or even if you are the re-born Christ. What you are saying is biased, Christian, nonsense. The very fact that you claim that western society is based on Christian values is nonsense, ever since the 1500's the Western World has been busy downgrading the Christian shit, thankfully!
    LMAO!!!!!

U actually think im religious!?!?!?

Dude im an Athiest

I study this stuff from a totally NEUTRAL standpoint... I HAVE NO DOG IN THE FIGHT.

My posts are backed up by facts. Your opinion is backed up by nothing whatsoever. Your ideological OPINION that Muslims and Christians can live happily together in the West is proven untrue by real world facts. Thankfully your opinion is in the minority as shown in this thread.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    LMAO!!!!!

U actually think im religious!?!?!?

Dude im an Athiest

I study this stuff from a totally NEUTRAL standpoint... I HAVE NO DOG IN THE FIGHT.

My posts are backed up by facts. Your opinion is backed up by nothing whatsoever. Your ideological OPINION that Muslims and Christians can live happily together in the West is proven untrue by real world facts. Thankfully your opinion is in the minority as shown in this thread.
    Blablabla... I give no shits about what you claim, since it's all bullshit really. What you claim to be facts, is biased, propaganda that is just wrong times twenty. Ah, I've had enough of your bull, off to ignore you go.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

U missed the statistic that 2,800 attacks on women in the name of honour. IS that a small enough number for you?

So its ok to throw acid in a girls face?

Its ok to permantly disfigure girls in your country in the name of religion?

Seriously dude... ONE death or attack is too fukking many...
    except that honour killing is a South Asian thing not a muslim thing.

I'm from Southeast Asia; home of millions of Muslims, and I only knew about the existence of honour killings after I read about South Asia.

They did in Turkey for a while

This should have had an included poll. I mean, we know what the majority vote would be, but it would have been nice anyhow.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Some people will never learn, I guess. It's interesting, I'm currently reading the Cthulhu Mythos from Lovecraft and others, most of those stories were published from 1928 to 1935. And most of those authors (white, rich Americans in New England) have subtly racist and anti-ethnic (towards certain ethnicities like Slavs) stances. You can clearly see it in their writings. And when I read it, I view it mostly as a historical artifact, because I remember that those people hadn't seen the consequences of WWII.

What's scary is that things like that aren't really a historical artifact. Some people truly do not learn.
    Lovecraft himself though, wasn't exactly rich - far from it. He was a sorry little man. You kinda have to be, to write such stories.

Deleted
    Blablabla... I give no shits about what you claim, since it's all bullshit really. What you claim to be facts, is biased, propaganda that is just wrong times twenty. Ah, I've had enough of your bull, off to ignore you go.
    Im waiting for some facts dude.

Really... go away and post some evidence to back up your claims.

The hilarious thing is that its YOU who is biased and spouting propaganda. Im an academic who has been studying this stuff from a neutral perspective for years. I look at real evidence and base conclusions on that. You just have a belief which you are trying to hold on to as true.

Im waiting for your EVIDENCE...

Nothing fundamental generally can. So there's one problem with her argument, she assumes a belief in Islam requires fundamentalism but this is simply not true (as evident by all Muslims who do peacefully co-exist in western society), and fundamentalism isn't unique to the religion Islam.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Let's not forget, that radical islamists have been very good at striking down on those muslims who wanted to change and become more moderate. Just look at Iran in the 70's....
    After an outside force exerted its influence...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    except that honour killing is a South Asian thing not a muslim thing.

I'm from Southeast Asia; home of millions of Muslims, and I only knew about the existence of honour killings after I read about South Asia.
    That really doesnt make any difference to the issue...

The fact is that honour killings are very real in the Western world and theyre all committed by Muslims. This thread is discussing Islam within the Western Wrold... so sadly it makes no difference which countries outside of the West it comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Lovecraft himself though, wasn't exactly rich - far from it. He was a sorry little man. You kinda have to be, to write such stories.
    Hence "most". But yes, point is that your average person back then had these kinds of stereotypical and irrational views and it was completely okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Watain View Post
    Which county are you from? In Sisak-Moslavina people here are pretty muched universaly fucked, espeacialy since the ironworks (?) got rekt and INA is doing horribly
    Zagreb. I'll assume that you're a young person? 20-30? Because if you are, then you aren't fucked. We have free education. If a person really is in truly bad conditions, they can still make it work. They can find a job (even a low paying one, like 3000 kuna, will feed you, give you a flat of some sort) and study for uni in their spare time. Yes, it can be hard as fuck, but that's life. Once a person is done with uni, if they chose the right area, then they won't have problems. They should be able to find a job somewhere in Croatia. If not that, they can go somewhere else in the EU and return some day, as most do.

What's key is that people shouldn't be so mentally bound with their birthplace. Or their friends or families. In this century, you can stay connected with those people, and you can make new connections at your new place. And you can always return.

Deleted
    U missed the statistic that 2,800 attacks on women in the name of honour. IS that a small enough number for you?

So its ok to throw acid in a girls face?

Its ok to permantly disfigure girls in your country in the name of religion?

Seriously dude... ONE death or attack is too fukking many...
    You're overgeneralising. 6 girls in my direct group of friends has been raped or molested. All but one by white males with a background based on Christian values. I'm taking about fathers, uncles, neighbours and bosses. I would say that's 6 too many. Doesn't mean we can't co-exist with white males with Christian background. You can't just lump 1.57 billion people in one massive group.

I'm not saying that there aren't structural problems within certain Islamic groups or that they are OK and shouldn't be dealt with. However these are groups within groups, and not close to being a decent representation of the 1.57 Muslims out there. As a couple people here have already stated this kind of behaviour is linked to socio-economic conditions more than it is linked to religion.
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-07-25 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Depends on which Western society. I know for a fact that French society is pretty assimilative. USA? Not so much.

--

Muslims can be just like Christians of West. You need to look at certain regions. Western Turkey would be the primary example. I also know for a fact that Iranians I met can live in Western society w/o any problem whatsoever. It turns out, those regions have high level of education and are rich. Everything points to socioeconomics, and not faith.
    Well, not anymore it doesn't. By now it starts pointing towards unadulterated racism. Some people don't even care about finer details, "Muslim" is an attribut that deserves to be eradicated. And I can't do anything to stop them fuckers. So yeah, awesome news!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    My Answer is that Muslim leaders and Successful Muslims who live in the West , need to stand up
    and say this terrorism is Stupid..

There are lots of Successful Muslims living in New York , London & Paris..
    They need to stand up and say something...
    I want to live in your world, that sounds nice and easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

This totalitarian system called "islam" should be destroyed, just like communism and nazism. It is cancer of our world.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-07-25 at 06:15 PM.

I think they can but that all depends on preachers. Currently many Christian preachers are pretty liberal and even accept homosexuals. But at same time they can turn public and make them condemn everyone who thinks differently. Same goes for Islam. In west we need to get liberal preachers for islam and then we will have no problem to co-exist but if they will be against our way of life then those who follow them will be too.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    After an outside force exerted its influence...
    Be that as it may, Khomeini and his ilk still pushed Iran back a few hundred years through his fanatical teachings.

Well, not anymore it doesn't. By now it starts pointing towards unadulterated racism. Some people don't even care about finer details, "Muslim" is an attribut that deserves to be eradicated. And I can't do anything to stop them fuckers. So yeah, awesome news!
    So yeah, just quoting myself to show that I can literally call this at any given point on this forum and be proven right on the same page most of the times. I'm glad this forum doesn't tolerate bigotry and racism or hate speech. So glad the mods are doing their job, so so glad.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    This totalitarian system called "islam" should be destroyed, just like communism and nazism. It is cancer of our world.
    - - - Updated - - -

Be that as it may, Khomeini and his ilk still pushed Iran back a few hundred years through his fanatical teachings.
    Missing the point...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Muslims aren't allowed to lie about their faith.
    The only exception is when you have to fear for your life, that is taqqiya.

According to the typical Muslim-bashers however it's a law that tells Muslims they should lie about supporting terrorism.
    It's not just life, it's discrimination as well. And it's not just lying, they can even bloody convert to Christianity if it takes that to keep them safe.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Better add Judaism, Hinduism and Christianity to that list too. Any religion and ideology becomes totalitarian when taken to an extreme.