Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    AV is great right now! I hope it stays like this.

An AV where Horde can't rush and have to play Defense? This is a dream come true.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    Dunno, being hit for 40-60k by the archers when you try to tap a tower kinda, isn't all that much fun. Given they're 9 levels above they also see through stealth from far, far, far away.

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved av back in the day so much due to the powerful NPCs. But since they became faceroll, it's been like any other bg and haven't been playing it in ages now.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly not the case in the lvl 20-29 bracket, not for alliance anyway, in fact when including all bg's. I've lost at a ratio of 5-1, we mostly get destroyed as well, something's up...

Nice. I'll have to check that out. I can't remember the last time we summoned Ivus, because games haven't usually lasted long enough for that to happen since like Wrath.

The only thing that sucks is I imagine we'll be right back to a boring zergfest of plowing through the NPCs once we're 110. I really do miss the way AV used to work. You had both sides going at it for hours to gain inches of ground, while a few were doing the side quests to upgrade/get help from NPCs. It felt like an actual war.

I don't know it what world that an hour of turtle until resources run out is fun, but that's just me I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    With Honor Points removed, I see no reason to sit in AV for 30m-1hr just for 1 Mark... and only if you win. Not worth my time, so both 40 mans have been blocked.
    Isle of conquest works just fine, boss and the cannons hurt like fuck but there's nothing really wrong with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They update AV every expansion. They just updated it for 110, at 110 it is still as easy as it was on 100, 90, 80, 70 etc :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Right now I hate it. What you say is actually fun, groups trying to organize strategy for back capping & such is cool but only getting 1 mark and only if you win kinda sucks for how long it is when i'm trying to farm marks. It'll have a lot more worth when I need honor xp, but we can only hope it wont return to being a braindead bg by then.

Just ran a few AV's yesterday and I have to agree, it felt like a serious battle to hold towers and graveyards and not just a mad dash for the end boss. A lot of PvP happening around key points.. most fun I have had in a battle ground it a while.

If your goal for doing battlegrounds is solely to get a mark and not to have fun, then what's the point? Why in the world are you even playing video games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    If your goal for doing battlegrounds is solely to get a mark and not to have fun, then what's the point? Why in the world are you even playing video games?
    Some peoples fun is getting marks/gear? Who cares what they want to do, does it affect you?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    I've not experienced any graveyard farming (guessing partly because GYs are actually difficult to take over - the guards one shot you if you're unprepared).
    Well that was before pre-patch, and I haven't yet experienced AV since then. It's very annoying when ppl still don't move their spirits to another gy even when told to do by others in the raid.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    I really love SV hunter in PvP right now, harpooning to people and destroying them
    Oh fuck yes. Smashing everything that's not a warrior... so nice, so very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    It's certainly not the case in the lvl 20-29 bracket, not for alliance anyway, in fact when including all bg's. I've lost at a ratio of 5-1, we mostly get destroyed as well, something's up...
    My non-max level AV record as Horde is something like 38-2. It's pretty sweet. At top it's something like 4-20, I just stopped doing level 100 BGs, just ashran cuz that's still fun as fuck (pre-patch, havent' even been able to get into ashran since patch day).

Lowbie brackets, there are those pockets where the GY guards will wreck someone, but for the most part people are able to 3 shot anyone all over the place. It's an awesome bloodbath when people aren't avoiding each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Blizz needs to tune these longer battlegrounds with the rewards. Ashran (now), Isle of Conquest, and AV take WAY too long now for the same reward for a win as any of the other 10 minute bgs. And it is just mind numbingly frustrating to play a 30 minute Isle of Conquest match for example just to lose. I suggest excluding AV and IoC from your list until they adjust that.

And for Ashran, Blizz actually figured out a way to make it even worse than it already was. No one kills the leaders anymore, and getting 200 kills takes far too long for 1 mark. Unless you still need bones there's no reason to go there.

Deleted
    No, it's not
    In fact, Alterac Valley have never been fun at all to begin with
    I can't even fathom how can anyone enjoy 40vs40 battlegrounds, they're just nobrainers, where your actions barely matter

Quite hillarious that they forget about the downscaling of NPCs in AV yet again, just like in the two expansions before. You might think this would be on their to-do list before the release now

But yes, I agree AV is the most fun when the NPCs are a threat and not some annoying objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    With Honor Points removed, I see no reason to sit in AV for 30m-1hr just for 1 Mark... and only if you win. Not worth my time, so both 40 mans have been blocked.
    Yeah man, like playing PvP just to PvP and have fun is such a waste of time.

well you could just reward players after every 20 mins or so that they play, or perhaps reward them for taking out bosses or something. Might give it a shot, used to hate it with a passion as it was 2 teams trying to kill off the enemy raid boss fastest, yuck

Deleted
    As an alliance on EU, I made almost a entire set of 710 gear from farming av,s.