Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    It's not working so good in africa and the middleeast where christians is facing persecution. The US handles it well though.
    To be honest though, the list of things not working good in Africa is absurdly long.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    To be honest though, the list of things not working good in Africa is absurdly long.
    That's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yes. The same way that we manage to have Catholics and Protestants living alongside one another.
    Show me where the Catholic Bible or the Protestant bible says "kill the infidels". Specifically the New Testament.

That's the #1 problem with getting along: Jesus vs Mohammed. Man who lived his life in peace and the biggest thing he did was kick over a table in a "Market"... vs ... a man who spent his adult life at war conquering.

Everything else is secondary really. There are moderate Muslims... but there really isn't a moderate Quran.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    It's not working so good in africa and the middleeast where christians is facing persecution.
    Others facing persecution from radical Christians too in Africa.

You guys here, much like the victims and the perpetrators are falling for the same stupid arguments.
    Equally blind, equally naive.
    Except, as I listed, there's a group of victims that are dying by the millions, detached from our western societies sheltered reality.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    In order for this to happen muslims need to accept flaws in the Quarn that lead to the modern day extremists. However, instead of seeing fault in the archaic teachings they just keep responding with "they aren't real muslims" when in fact they follow the book more strictly than most.
    Well, that's not really true? Many articles claim that a lot of the extremist have a history of crime, alcohol intake and little interest in praying until they got radicalized. They are often referred to as "bad muslims" long before they picked up a gun or explosives.
    Mother pus bucket!

Islam itself is a religious and a political ideology combined into one. it cannot exists without the other protecting it, think of it as two pillars. therefore, any ideology that comes against Islam cannot peacefully co-exist.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    Show me where the Catholic Bible or the Protestant bible says "kill the infidels". Specifically the New Testament.

That's the #1 problem with getting along: Jesus vs Mohammed. Man who lived his life in peace and the biggest thing he did was kick over a table in a "Market"... vs ... a man who spent his adult life at war conquering.

Everything else is secondary really. There are moderate Muslims... but there really isn't a moderate Quran.
    Uhm.......

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Go back to the post you responded to, if you are curious.
    At any rate, you haven't proven that Islam is the cause for honor attacks on women. Homosexuality is forbidden according to certain texts in the Bible, but here we are with gay priests and gay weddings. There is no reason to think that Islam can't undergo similar moderation in time as well.
    There absolutely is reason. Islam preaches overthrowing the government to install it's law. There's no such line of thought in the Bible. Jesus is the quintessential Christian and he submits to secular authority and allows himself to be killed by them. Muhammad is the quintessential Muslim and he's a warmongering pedo who tries to spread their word by the sword.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-07-25 at 06:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    Islam itself is a religious and a political ideology combined into one. one cannot exists without the other protecting it, think of it as two pillars. therefore, any ideology that comes against Islam cannot peacefully co-exist.
    So was Christianity. Things can change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    Islam itself is a religious and a political ideology combined into one. it cannot exists without the other protecting it, think of it as two pillars. therefore, any ideology that comes against Islam cannot peacefully co-exist.
    True for Christiany, Buddhism etc etc too..
    Or not true for any.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sidenote... I'm quite surprised that this thread is almost 14 pages long, pretty sure we've crossed the "NO RELIGION TOPICS ALLOWED!" rule quite a while ago.

Far more Muslims live peacefully in our western societies than not. So yes.
    However, the fundamentalists will keep attacking and bring things to a boiling point, and we all know what can happen when a society is filled with scared, ignorant people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    No. Religious people of all creeds or beliefs have no place within civil society. Humanity needs to cast away of the shackles of oppression that religion is forcing on us. If you are religious you are the problem. Religion has no place in these times.
    As long as people do not use religion as an excuse to oppress/harm others, I don't care if people want to be religious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yes. The same way that we manage to have Catholics and Protestants living alongside one another.
    Even you dont believe this bullshit .

Interesting request.
    Take a look at this:

https://www.quora.com/Does-Christian...-non-believers
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me where the Catholic Bible or the Protestant bible says "kill the infidels".
    Specifically the New Testament.
    Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
    Luke 19:27:
    But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
    As well as Matthew 10:34:
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    See, this is the problem..
    There are so many mouthbreathers on both sides of the believer scale.
    As much as there are Muslims who clearly don't really understand or even know the content of the Quran. There are also just as many (if not more) Christians/baptized who have no clue about the bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Zero View Post
    Note: I'm not talking about Muslims in general. I'm talking about the fundamentalists.

I think a lot of people practice whatever their religion is in a personal way that is at least somewhat geared to fit in with society. I'm not an expert, but fundamental Islamism seems very much focused on the subjugation, conversion or destruction of all other ideologies.

Why is it that Islam is associated with so much insanity these days? Genuine question - is it the higher ups leading the charge, or is it an issue with the belief system and it's teachings in general?
    Crazy Christians in other countries do plenty of bad shit. I mean wasn't there one group in Africa that was actually hunting down and killing all muslims just because.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw... The thread is now full circle on religion mode, and doomed to be shut down..

Deleted
    We were discussing a more specific issue before you joined the conversation. You are confused.
    Nope ur the one very confused because yo are the one moving this discussion away from the original question.

I don't know, because I don't read religious texts, and I bet you don't either. We observe what "faithful" people do when incidents are revealed to the public, and blame their religion if it suits us, or something else, like their culture, if that suits us better.
    Clearly u missed the post i mentioned that i have been studying these books for years... Theology degree.

Why? Treating minorities like shit and beating women into submission has been acceptable in western societies for less than 100 years back. Does that mean Christianity is racist and incompatible with a western society?
    Wow... talk about being butthurt your point failed.

Changing your point doesnt save u lol

Honor killings are fukking real regardless of your insanely stupid logic trying to pretend that it doesnt. Welcome to the real world where we discuss reality and not some extreme ideological world.

What? You blame Islam, I blame the culture in southeast Asia. But things are getting better in Pakistan, with the removal of the "you go free if the victim's family forgives you" - law.
    Yes i do blame Islam. Its a version of Islam which promotes this doctrine.

Go back to the post you responded to, if you are curious.
    At any rate, you haven't proven that Islam is the cause for honor attacks on women. Homosexuality is forbidden according to certain texts in the Bible, but here we are with gay priests and gay weddings. There is no reason to think that Islam can't undergo similar moderation in time as well.
    Ru really going there about the Bible and Homosexuality?

U do know you are about to get blown out of the fukking water right?

HOMOSEXUALITY IS LEGAL IN THE WEST. (Christian countries)

HOMOSEXUALITY IS ILLEGAL IN MUSLIM COUNTRIES.

Ffs dude who gives a fukk about interpretation of the Bible or the Qu'ran... it means absolutely fukk all to this discussion. We are discussing laws of the land here. We are discussing WESTERN SOCIETY Vs a religion.

The laws within Western Society are not open to interpretation, theyre set in stone facts. Therefore who gives a flying fukk what it says in the bible.

We are discussing whether those set in stone laws are compatible with Islam. Sheesh dude get your head together.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Well to start their version of Jesus murders a shit ton of people and marries a six year old while keeping the older women around that he married for money.
    You do know Jesus is in Islam as well right? I've read the bible and the Quran, they are essentially the same religion.