Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Radicalism and extermism are the issue, NOT THE RELIGION.

Christians used to burn people (witches, devil followers etc), invaded and slaughtered thousands of innocent people (crusades)
    Its not Islam the issue, its that 10% or so of fanatic retards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Western society has gone out of it's way to split itself from religion because no one wanted the disaster that was the middle ages to happen again. Christian morals are no better than that of Islam if you doubt it look into African and some Caribbean countries where the church has basically taken over government. From the aids epidemic to the killings of homosexuals and non Christians, people in glass houses should not be throwing stones.
    I completely agree Western Society is going out of its way to seperate itself from religion... rightly so too.

But you cannot EVER say that Western Society is not based on Christian morality and ethics. No academic on the planet would ever agree to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    If u read what i posted i also said "who cares whats written in the bible"... we are not discussing the past or interpretation here.

I completely agree that this thread has fukk all to do with interpretation... its a simple question WESTERN SOCIETY vs ISLAM.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is about WESTERN SOCIETY therefore African Christianity is irrelevant to the question.
    Then why the fuck did you make Christian synonomous with Western? The african issues btw are due to Western Evangelicals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Radicalism and extermism are the issue, NOT THE RELIGION.

Christians used to burn people (witches, devil followers etc), invaded and slaughtered thousands of innocent people (crusades)
    Its not Islam the issue, its that 10% or so of fanatic retards.
    This must be the first time I ever agree with you, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Western society is 100% based on Christian morality and ethics.
    LOL no, when was the last time you killed someone because they refused to convert to christianity? I'm thankful everyday that no "christian" actually follows their religion here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Then why the fuck did you make Christian synonomous with Western? The african issues btw are due to Western Evangelicals
    I didnt.

Others on the thread are bringing up the bible, not me.

Islam needs to evolve like other religions have. That won't happen with the amount of extremists there are so no, I don't see us co-existing peacefully. At least not in our lifetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you cannot EVER say that Western Society is not based on Christian morality and ethics. No academic on the planet would ever agree to that.
    A better way to put it is that it historically evolved from Christian morality and ethics. If you took the modern morality and ethics, time traveled to 500 years back and tried to promote these values - you would get pounded.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    LOL no, when was the last time you killed someone because they refused to convert to christianity? I'm thankful everyday that no "christian" actually follows their religion here.
    Well done for never getting into university.

Go away and do some reading... u will learn a thing or two.

I completely agree Western Society is going out of its way to seperate itself from religion... rightly so too.

Yes I agree western society learned from the complete and utter disaster of Christian morality and ethics and evolved from there, that is a long way from giving it credit for the good of western society.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not culture. People. We have to realise and say it out loud: It's not culture that's incompatible. It's people not wanting to be compatible. It's us and them people. Cultures don't give a fuck about other cultures, that's the whole point of them. So how about we stop talking abstract bullshit and get down to the real thing, people hating other people. And that's the bottom line of it, pure and simple.
    People influenced by culture, they create culture. Ofcourse it's people hating people, because how they are brought up - that is essentialy what culture is. How people act, the costums, way of life - whatever. Anyways, I feel its an irrelevant sidetrack to go down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    A better way to put it is that it historically evolved from Christian morality and ethics. If you took the modern morality and ethics, time traveled to 500 years back and tried to promote these values - you would get pounded.
    Very irrelvant to the thread... but true

The history of Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with the question on the thread.

For the record i dont like Christianty equally to how much i dont like Islam. But ive been studying this stuff for a couple of decades now and nobody can argue which religion has almost exclusively moulded western society. Almost 2,000 years of the same ruling religion has had a massive influence on Western society.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    We just need an emulsifier.
    I recommend peanut butter. Everyone loves peanut butter.

I didnt.

Others on the thread are bringing up the bible, not me.
    HOMOSEXUALITY IS LEGAL IN THE WEST. (Christian countries)
    By the way there are countries in the west were it's not, look at the anglophone countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    By the way there are countries in the west were it's not, look at the anglophone countries.
    I suggest that you go back and read.

I repeat (for the millionth time) that this thread is asking whether WESTERN SOCIETY can live with ISLAM.

Therefore who cares what religions are in Africa? Really it makes no difference to the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very irrelvant to the thread... but true

The history of Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with the question on the thread.

For the record i dont like Christianty equally to how much i dont like Islam. But ive been studying this stuff for a couple of decades now and nobody can argue which religion has almost exclusively moulded western society. Almost 2,000 years of the same ruling religion has had a massive influence on Western society.
    Well, of course, it did. But many, including me, would argue that the real breakthrough in the Western society happened exactly when religion was abandoned as a basis for societal development, giving way to pragmatism, to sciences, to personal freedoms. I would also argue that there are no fundamental differences between various religions in terms of morals: some details might be different, but in the end, a fully developed society historically based on Islamic values would probably be very similar to a fully developed society historically based on Christian values.

The way I see it, the difference between, say, the UK and Iran is not in Christianity vs Islam, it is in the fact that Iran is still living in the past, its society hasn't developed to the point the UK society has. Given how fast everything changes nowadays, I'd say, give Iran 100 years - and it won't be much different culturally and societally from the modern West. Then again, the West by that time will probably have developed much more, so Iran will still look extremely outdated.

I suggest that you go back and read.

I repeat (for the millionth time) that this thread is asking whether WESTERN SOCIETY can live with ISLAM.

Therefore who cares what religions are in Africa? Really it makes no difference to the question.
    I said countires in the WEST where it's not. DO YOU KNOW KNOW OF THE WESTERN ANGLOPHONE COUNTRIES. They used to be apart of the fucking UK.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    You should really,really read the Quran...
    and you ought to read the bible.

Well done for never getting into university.

Go away and do some reading... u will learn a thing or two.
    Have you even gotten past high school? I mean you claim to have studied this for decades yet don't even know there are western christian countries where homosexuality is illegal, refuse to acknowledge where christianity has not led to western culture, and at this point have devolved into insults because you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

I don't think eastern Islam and western society can. Eastern Islam is far too oppressive and barbaric.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day