Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Even if questing scales on the Isles, is there still a path lined out?

In terms of story, I mean. At the Elwynn Forest end, you had the small hint about the Collector's Ring and the Defias, which bleeds into Westfall's story. Redridge's story kinda bleeds into Burning Steppes with Keeshan and the Orc story. Felwood's furbolg stuff connects with Winterspring.

Do any Broken Isle zone endings actually give you that breadcrumb quest that says 'Go to this zone now' (Like the majority of zone quests), or can you just choose where to go?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Without even having played the zones, I can almost guarantee that the overarching story will start threads in each of the zones, and tie up in Suramar.

There was very little overarching story in the WoD zones aside from the Talador questline including Yrel - why would there be in Legion?

Nah, after optaining the pillar of creation from a zone you get a small rp event after which you are redirected to your order hall where you choose the next zone.

There's generally no connection between any of the zones after doing them all a few times on beta. None of them send you to the other zones and that's probably the one complaint I have about Legion so far while playing on beta is that there doesn't feel like the Broken Isles is a cohesive location. Aszuna and Val'Sharah maybe because they're both covered in Night Elf civilization and architecture, but then you have Highmountain covered in Tauren (at least this one is SORTA explained out in a quest chain) and then random Vrykul-land in Stormheim, who apparently live right next to elves for whatever reason.

The zones feel like separate little things entirely, which ruins the immersion a little bit when moving from zone to zone questing but also means that you don't have to worry about a missing quest somewhere throwing your entire perspective on lore in another zone out of whack I suppose.

They are completely independent and can be done any order you choose. They start and end in your class hall. You can even start all the questlines at once if you so choose. Suramar is the only exception requiring 110 to begin.

As stated though... it is best to start a zone and clear it all out due to rewards from the dungeon quest and zone finishing quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    snip
    New avatar Maudib?

Maybe it's because you are excited about the up-and-coming legion content after all
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

is necessary to do all the zones or like wrath you can skip some of them without any impact on the post cap contents?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    New avatar Maudib?

Maybe it's because you are excited about the up-and-coming legion content after all
    or because its easier to remember by picture then by name, as its alot more detail, and more memorable... so hes trying to disguise himself, i wouldent have known who he was if you dident mention a avatar change, and i had to go back into my memory of "what avatar did maudib use...."
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    is necessary to do all the zones or like wrath you can skip some of them without any impact on the post cap contents?
    You pretty much need to do all 4 zones for the sake of the reputation and the main quest chain into Suramar.

While there are very few connections between the zones themselves, there is a larger picture that nobody seems to have drawn any attention to just yet. The players' mission at the beginning of Legion is to scour the Broken Isles for the Pillars of Creation. So the overarching theme is that you are following whatever leads you stumble across in order to track down these powerful relics and secure them, as they are the only means of shutting down the portal that Gul'dan has opened inside the Tomb of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or because its easier to remember by picture then by name, as its alot more detail, and more memorable... so hes trying to disguise himself, i wouldent have known who he was if you dident mention a avatar change, and i had to go back into my memory of "what avatar did maudib use...."
    Just decided it was time for a change. Just like my desktops, screen savers and such... I like to switch things up form time to time. If Maudib isn't enough to let you know who is posting, then I'm not sure what to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    New avatar Maudib?

I'm looking forward to the expansion and fully expect to have fun for a couple months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just decided it was time for a change. Just like my desktops, screen savers and such... I like to switch things up form time to time. If Maudib isn't enough to let you know who is posting, then I'm not sure what to say.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking forward to the expansion and fully expect to have fun for a couple months.
    i memorize people by their avatars mostly :P as its alot more unique then their names ussauly...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    In terms of story, I mean. At the Elwynn Forest end, you had the small hint about the Collector's Ring and the Defias, which bleeds into Westfall's story. Redridge's story kinda bleeds into Burning Steppes with Keeshan and the Orc story. Felwood's furbolg stuff connects with Winterspring.

Do any Broken Isle zone endings actually give you that breadcrumb quest that says 'Go to this zone now' (Like the majority of zone quests), or can you just choose where to go?
    They way to look at this expansion is that it is a strategic war. You don't need arcing storylines between zones, because the big storyline above everything is that you are setting up for a bigger attack. So, essentially you should look at each of the zones as strategic outposts, to help the bigger fight against the Legion.

Nope, you definitely are going to need to do all the zones.

On this subject, I would add this:

Leveling doesn't feel like leveling... you really don't seem to get more powerful because the mobs scale with you. You don't get spells along the way (unless you are a DH) so it feels more like an achievement than a progression.

Instead it's more like starting at max level and doing all the quests after reaching max level.. but since they scale to 110, it's just a little weird.

It's not bad, just doesn't feel like progression... more like a timer to 110.

10+ Year Old Account

Leveling doesn't feel like leveling... you really don't seem to get more powerful because the mobs scale with you. You don't get spells along the way (unless you are a DH) so it feels more like an achievement than a progression.

Instead it's more like starting at max level and doing all the quests after reaching max level.. but since they scale to 110, it's just a little weird.

Well to be honest if you do the four zones one-by-one in a linear fashion, and don't backtrack or do things out of order, it doesn't feel any different to the usual levelling experience. The mobs get higher level as you progress, the difficulty stays about the same because you level too.

It only really starts to feel weird if you do parts of zones then move to other zones and then come back. You won't really notice the mob scaling that much until you finish at 110 if you're just doing linear questing straight through to max level.

You need to do each zone a bit to get enough reputation to start world quests. If you do questing only as leveling, you probably complete 3 1/2 zones or so anyway so you'll be close.

Unlike every other expansion, where the mobs in the first zone have the same health and damage as the mobs in the highest level zone, of course.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Azuna connects to Stormheim, in azuna you find a ship which has a manifest that tells you or the alliance that thats where sylvanas has gone, which i guess measn chronologically, this comes before Stormheim.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Unlike every other expansion, where the mobs in the first zone have the same health and damage as the mobs in the highest level zone, of course.
    Correct... unlike every other 10 level expansion where you gain a couple levels each zone and feel like you are starting to overpower those mobs before going to another zone and having to gear a little more to do the same there. There is a feeling of progression there.

Whereas, with the exception of being undergeared to start with should you have low gear, never feeling like you are making abt headway until well after dinging 110. 100-110 might as well be one single level bar. Because, although your level changes, and your iLevel changes... everything is relatively the same difficulty. Boring.... thank God it's only 12 or so hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    There's generally no connection between any of the zones after doing them all a few times on beta. None of them send you to the other zones and that's probably the one complaint I have about Legion so far while playing on beta is that there doesn't feel like the Broken Isles is a cohesive location. Aszuna and Val'Sharah maybe because they're both covered in Night Elf civilization and architecture, but then you have Highmountain covered in Tauren (at least this one is SORTA explained out in a quest chain) and then random Vrykul-land in Stormheim, who apparently live right next to elves for whatever reason.

The zones feel like separate little things entirely, which ruins the immersion a little bit when moving from zone to zone questing but also means that you don't have to worry about a missing quest somewhere throwing your entire perspective on lore in another zone out of whack I suppose.
    Yeah, it's a bit annoying indeed. I mean, I don't think it would be too hard to make a few quests connecting an area to another that you haven't done before but still giving you the option to pick whichever you'd like.
    They have the technology and such quests would be mostly text. Just write some lines, people!