Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll never forgive them for removing the Shimmering Flats.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Just a little longer and we will finally get Legacy Servers and can stop playing that shitty Game they call WoW these days.
    And back to the shitty game that was Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    How many people here have done a single quest in Cata Desolace, Stonetalon mountains, Blasted Lands, Badlands, practically any zone not being a 1-10 zone

Stop lying. No you havent.
    Hi. Pre and post-Cata Loremaster reporting in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    these empty arguments against vanilla will all be for naught when ppl realise legion is literally wod 2.0 and ppl start complaining for vanilla realms again we will have vanilla servers if u like it or not.
    And if Legion turns out to be the greatest iteration of WoW ever you'll still have the whiners crying for Vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    And if Legion turns out to be the greatest iteration of WoW ever you'll still have the whiners crying for Vanilla.
    Ive played legion since early beta and I can safely say that legion will not hold ppls attention for long before ppl start asking for vanilla realms again, and this time blizzard will release them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Won't happen, because the core battle system of wow pre 3.0 (WOTLK pre patch) and the current 7.0 one is as different as it can get. So legion will probably be the best iteration for you (though I expect WoD 2.0 to be honest), but won't be for people who enjoyed and want pre 3.0 wow back.

Both cannot be pleased at the same time.

This was Vanilla questing in a nutshell:

Quest 1: Kill 6 of this level 19 mob and 6 of this other level 19 mob.
    Quest 2: Kill 8 of this level 23 mob and 8 of this other level 23 mob.
    Quest 3: Kill 12 of this level 29 mob and 4 of this other level 29 mob. There's ass tons of the mob that you need 4 of and the ones you need 12 of have like 2 spawn points and they respawn every 1-45 minutes.
    Quest 4: Kill a level 32 elite that's surrounded by level 30s. This is a group quest.
    It's still wow today though. Most quest ask you to kill n mobs or to gather X materials on the ground.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-07-25 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Won't happen, because the core battle system of wow pre 3.0 (WOTLK pre patch) and the current 7.0 one is as different as it can get. So legion will probably be the best iteration for you (though I expect WoD 2.0 to be honest), but won't be for people who enjoyed and want pre 3.0 wow back.

My point was that it doesn't matter how good OR bad Legion is, you'll still have folks wanting legacy servers - some folks just cannot let it go.

BTW - personally my favourite era was WotLK, followed by Vanilla - I found TBC to be overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Ive played legion since early beta and I can safely say that legion will not hold ppls attention for long before ppl start asking for vanilla realms again, and this time blizzard will release them.
    Yet with the colossal turd that was WoD, they still haven't released a classic realm, even though the 2 years of WoD provided the perfect opportunity to have done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post

It's still wow today though. Most quest ask you to kill n mobs or to gather X materials on the ground.
    You entirely missed the point of what I said. And no, there's no questing like that in the game. There's no questlines that jump 10+ levels in 3-4 quests, and that shit was all over the damn place in Vanilla. I am not complaining about the quest objectives, I am complaining about the level differences in the same questline killing the pacing of both gameplay and story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    People who joined in WOTLK played through original Azeroth for 1 expansion, and cata Azeroth for 3 going on 4 expansions now.
    That's a neat little factoid, thank you for posting that.

Now as for the Nostalgiacs. Just curious, how do you invade threads so quickly? Is there some sort of Vanilla Signal that goes up as soon as a thread is posted with the word Vanilla in it? Similar to the Bat Symbol maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest issue with Cata Azeroth is it makes it such a pain to navigate around when leveling up. Two biggest examples are Darkshore and the Barrens. In Darkshore you're constantly jumping down into those rivers and finding a path back up. Going into the Southern Barrens is probably the most annoying. Unless there's some flight path over from a quest or something that I'm missing, getting over is truly a pain in the ass. You have to jump down and then find the path back up.

The least they could is just add bridges to these areas and make it less of a hassle to cross over. If they'd do this then I'd have no problem with the Deathwing-made canyons.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I dont get it, why are people that obsessed by vanilla realms? Have you even played vanilla or you just blindly follow some twitch asshole who decided to worship vanilla wow? I guess you have not, because on the one hand, it was really nice in that time, it was adventure, going out into unknown lands, doing all the quests, finding items you never seen before - for a lot of people it was first mmo. But today? Everything is known, nothing new can surprise you, all the bosses would be really simply, cos the skill bar raised since vanilla time, more than half of the classes would not be viable... Common, you do not want to play game like vanilla WoW nowadays...

Better look forward to a new expansion, rather then looking forward playing an old one...

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    All the nostalgia dorks are full of it. Nobody can tell me that they actually even remember the old shit. The think they do, but they don't!
    I can! I'm still friends with guild mates from 2004-2006! Got a whole external hard drive full of screen shots, Guild First kills on raid bosses in MC,BWL & AQ40! As well as some great world pvp clips on my Priest. From back when I was using Fraps to record everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Not sure if serious or Casualscrub. Desolace was pretty great for Leveling. And you could grind there pretty nicely. And Blasted Lands was one of the best Zones out there. Perfect Grindquests. Superb XP/hr.
    A quick look at my post history shows that yeah, I play fairly casually. And I clearly remember Desolace being as unpopulated as its name suggests except for the occasional party riding out to Mara. I could spend hours there working on my Centaur rep and not see another soul anywhere in the zone. It was almost as big a waste of a zone as Azshara when Feralas was next door and more fun to boot.

Blasted Lands, on the other hand, had a great travel/quest ratio (something that was abysmal in Desolace) and engaging questlines that were chock-full of meaningful lore. It also had that cool effect of riding around, doing quests, and bang, you're looking out over the Dark Portal. Can't underestimate the effect--a similar one can be had seeing Scholomance in the middle of Caer Darrow or Stratholme still burning when you see it for the first time.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    A quick look at my post history shows that yeah, I play fairly casually. And I clearly remember Desolace being as unpopulated as its name suggests except for the occasional party riding out to Mara. I could spend hours there working on my Centaur rep and not see another soul anywhere in the zone. It was almost as big a waste of a zone as Azshara when Feralas was next door and more fun to boot.

Blasted Lands, on the other hand, had a great travel/quest ratio (something that was abysmal in Desolace) and engaging questlines that were chock-full of meaningful lore. It also had that cool effect of riding around, doing quests, and bang, you're looking out over the Dark Portal. Can't underestimate the effect--a similar one can be had seeing Scholomance in the middle of Caer Darrow or Stratholme still burning when you see it for the first time.
    I still wake up in a cold sweat remembering the quests for basilisk brains - how could so many damned creatures survive without a brain?!?

That's also a question i ask myself when I read these forums sometimes ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbubbles17 View Post
    I can! I'm still friends with guild mates from 2004-2006! Got a whole external hard drive full of screen shots, Guild First kills on raid bosses in MC,BWL & AQ40! As well as some great world pvp clips on my Priest. From back when I was using Fraps to record everything!
    I still have a folder with a ton of old screenshots as well. And a cheesy rogue world PvP video too, because all the cool kids did one back then, haha ... I'm never gonna delete that stuff.

I like both the old and new Azeroth, in the current game the place pretty much rots anyway since it's not really even used for levelling due to the speed of dungeon levelling, not to mention the speed of levelling in general, and there is nothing being done with the world in the game for it to have any relevance.

Old or new doesn't really matter, it's mostly unused and uninhabited.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I still have a folder with a ton of old screenshots as well. And a cheesy rogue world PvP video too, because all the cool kids did one back then, haha ... I'm never gonna delete that stuff.
    Good times my friend. Those moments are forever archived in my hard drive, and in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And here's hoping they'll assign a small team of people to gradually update all the 1-60 zones once more with new textures, new creature models, perhaps new quests and fixing things that the Cataclysm broke! They shouldn't make it another "expansion feature" though.

HAHAHAHA! Yeah, nothing was shitty about 2004's version of the game.
    And you're free to not play it already. I don't know about everyone else, but when I truly loathe something, I'm able to walk away and never look back. Weak-minded much?

- - - Updated - - -

And be met by mechanics from 2004... Classic raiding may have been punishing from a logistics and time perspective, but I'd say with those mechanics, you're being handed the kills unless you're the type of player that fails @ normal dungeon mechanics of today...

I much prefer the BOSSES providing the challenge over logistics and time needed just to prepare for stepping into the raid... besides, with everyone's knowledge of the game these days, classic server raiding and leveling isn't exactly the original experience no matter how much people try.
    It's comments like these when I really doubt if these people have actually played Classic and BC WoW when it came to raiding or are they just parroting what others are saying.

It's true, not every boss was hard and some do fall under the "logistics" category for their artificial difficulty, but are you seriously gonna say bosses like Loatheb, Vael, Twin Emps, Ouro, C'rhun, Sapphiron, and Kel'thuzad weren't incredibly hard? Let's keep in mind, aside from C'thun those bosses weren't impossible kills. It's plain and simple, if you disregard classic for its difficulty and fail to realize the brutality of some of these bosses, you clearly never raised back then.
    Last edited by Joeydivision82; 2016-07-25 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    To play through a game with no surprises or new hype whatsoever. Woo hoo, must be fun. No new lore, no new raid bosses, no new bgs, no new abilities, no new pets or mounts. Oh and of course no class tuning. Bet you can't wait to always see the same classes topping PVE meters or always see the same dps or healers facerolling everyone in PvP for months on end for as long as the servers would stick around.

On Topic: It kinda seems surreal that the changed Azeroth is already that old now.
    Bruh, WoW as of now is completely new and fun and engaging gtfo