Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Not being able to pick were you can live seems like something anyone with some very basic empathy should be able to get behind?
    Not that the goverment should act on that - there is too many refugees, that everyone can just go where they want to. But just understanding that they are upset about living somewhere, they dont want to live, should really be an easy excercise. Its not like feelings are binary. You can be grateful (the article says they are), that you were rescued AND be upset about your situation at the same time
    They are coming from a place where their option for a home is rubble or a bomb hole. They are unsatisfied at being GIVEN a home.

Be grateful to receive anything live your life become a citizen and then find a job where you "want" to be. They should be happy to be anywhere away from that hell on earth where the wife and daughters would have to fear a life of sex slavery every day. There is no place in my mind where I can come to sympathize with their disappointment at being able to live.

Well, this is all full of stupid
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Well, this is all full of stupid
    Care to Elaborate?

And some of them said "People treat me really nice. Scotland is beautiful".
    But hey, lets not focus on that. Becase they are all ungrateful assholes, right?

I'm sure all of you would be super happy and exited if you were forced to leave your homes and live as refugees. Even more so when you were put on a remote island in the middle of nowhere without being able to move somewhere else.

Beggars can't be choosers, for sure but they have every right to complain about it if they fel like it.

"I think if I go to a place where there are more Arabic people, I can communicate with them and learn English here and there and probably catch a job.’"

Yeah, sadly that's exactly what should never happen.

Sure the big cities offer the jobs, and you need a job in order to be part of the society, but you can't create refugee ghettos either.

In the end some of those comments sound harsh, but I think it's understandable. After a couple months they realised that their future is ruined, no matter how you look at it. And not only their future, but the future of their children. Sure their lifes aren't threatened, but their self-determined life is over.

I would gladly move to scottland, it's beautiful there certainly more so then the home they left in rubble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    They are coming from a place where their option for a home is rubble or a bomb hole. They are unsatisfied at being GIVEN a home
    You clearly didn't read the article as it says they are grateful that they are safe, but implies a deep regret at having next to no future.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegor View Post
    You clearly didn't read the article as it says they are grateful that they are safe, but implies a deep regret at having next to no future.
    How much of a future would bomb or ISIS have given them? Now they still have a chance at one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    "I think if I go to a place where there are more Arabic people, I can communicate with them and learn English here and there and probably catch a job.’"

Yeah, sadly that's exactly what should never happen.

Sure the big cities offer the jobs, and you need a job in order to be part of the society, but you can't create refugee ghettos either.
    Precisely. It sucks (I actually consider that Scottish town beautiful) for people that were expecting to "Little Syria" in other European countries, but that's what we should avoid at all costs.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-07-25 at 02:26 PM.

Yea man, that future of sex slavery and death is so much better than a path to citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    But hey, lets not focus on that. Becase they are all ungrateful assholes, right?

I'm sure all of you would be super happy and exited if you were forced to leave your homes and live as refugees. Even more so when you were put on a remote island in the middle of nowhere without being able to move somewhere else.

Beggars can't be choosers, for sure but they have every right to complain about it if they fel like it.
    I didn't just ignore that part its the fact that they feel depressed because they didn't go to a city they wanted and that are surround by old people? They could fit in fine they could learn english (I know it says they are struggling but they could take courses or something to help) and possibly get a job with the help of people. They expected to get put into a big city near other people who speak arabic if that was the case the cities would become too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    In the end some of those comments sound harsh, but I think it's understandable. After a couple months they realised that their future is ruined, no matter how you look at it. And not only their future, but the future of their children. Sure their lifes aren't threatened, but their self-determined life is over.
    Care the explain how their life is over? as above they could take courses to learn english and their kids can go to school and learn.

Again, Above, They have been here 8 months or so and they still don't understand english? Seems to be in 8 months if you had been reading books and taking courses english shouldn't be hard, or at least at enough to get a job.

Send them back! He spoke of torture and having no no food, water, and electricity, but this new sanctuary was controlling enough for a suicide attempt by whiskey?! They complain that the people who pay for them are old? Send them back with neon jumpsuits!

They are coming from a place where their option for a home is rubble or a bomb hole. They are unsatisfied at being GIVEN a home.

Be grateful to receive anything live your life become a citizen and then find a job where you "want" to be. They should be happy to be anywhere away from that hell on earth where the wife and daughters would have to fear a life of sex slavery every day. There is no place in my mind where I can come to sympathize with their disappointment at being able to live.
    They are grateful. They are also sad that they lost their homes and are stranded in strange place with no control over their lifes. Just like any of us would be. I dont get whats so hard to understand about both of those feelings being present at the same time.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What ungrateful cunts.

Give them a floaty and a paddle and tell them to fuck off back to Syria where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Care the explain how their life is over? as above they could take courses to learn english and their kids can go to school and learn.
    I said their self-determined life is over - and it's not like they have a guarantee that they will ever get it back.

People call them ungrateful, and some lines certainly are, but I also understand that I would probably feel the exact same way if I were in their shoes. Especially if it's not only me being affected, but my children as well. I mean they also mention how they hate being depended on charity - isn't that understandable as well? It would certainly depress me.

Either way, I also have no real solution for this. If you let people move freely you only create ghettos, and we can't have that. Though integration will be even more difficult if we force them on remote islands with no job perspectives.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-come-die.html

So apparently 2 families of syrian refugees are now depressed on where they got put because it isn't Glasgow/London/Manchester??
    But who made contact to whom. Did the newspaper ask random refugees until someone proved unhappy with something or did the refugees complain officially?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Clickbait articles everywhere, and people keep claiming the media is left wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't. Refugees by statutory laws are not allowed to work or be employed.
    The refugees have been given five years’ Humanitarian Protection status, permission to work and access to public funds

They are allowed to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    But who made contact to whom. Did the newspaper ask random refugees until someone proved unhappy with something or did the refugees complain officially?

The refugees complained that they were depressed because its full of old people and its where they go to die apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably just a "travel sickness": some people don't handle being away from home for a long time very well. I used to live in a village "full of old people" for a while, and it surely wasn't anything depressing!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The refugees complained that they were depressed because its full of old people and its where they go to die apparently.
    That does not answer my question. Did they complain because they answered a question the newspapers asked or did they complain to either the newspaper or some authority without/before being asked

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

Yeah, and Scotland has every right to ship em back to Syria if they want to piss and moan and be ungrateful.

Sorry the tax payer isn't putting you up on some ocean side property and you have butler's and maids.

Fuck em.