Thread: WoW IS BACK!!!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is how it goes with each expansion, though.

Unfortunately, I have no hype this time. I was so incredibly hyped for WoD, and we all know how that was.

Holding my breath. Hoping for legacy announcement at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Swampland wouldn't exactly be difficult for anyone in Florida to get a hold of heh.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swampland_in_Florida
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

People are coming back to check the weather, it means absolutely nothing in the long term and happens every time they release a major patch. WoW was at a monumental all time low until recently, even with the small increase in numbers it's still pretty grim right now. Legion will see a big spike but it will probably hover around mid WOD levels after that.

People login in to check a new patch does not mean "WoW is back", for it to stablise at high subs again would require revolutionary additions and progression within the game, while what we have is evolutionary stuff that is largely seen with mixed views, some of it very negative with Blizzard defending themselves in their effort to cater to an audience that might not exist while annoying the audience that does.

At least we don't have the silly levels of hype that WOD had, maybe Legion will be more stable but it will never be "Back", Blizzard don't have the balls or conviction, or perhaps ability in general, hell the MMO genre in the west is pretty dead in general by comparison to 6-7 years ago while other genres thrive.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Still havent seen cities as full as they where in Wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    according to warcraftrealms.com the game is at 1.45 million people playing after starting at 10 million for this expansion. the game was already dying and Warlords of Draenor delivered the killing blow. R.i.p. WoW, better to die now while we still have some good memories...
    That sites stats are so wrong, it is laughable. It relies on people having their addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Been slowly realizing that WoW forums aren't filled with people who like WoW.
    MMO-champion is full of Ultra nerds. They not only have to hate everything like real nerds. They also have to tell you they hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Realm Census at 3:30AM server time, Lightbringer US

272 people online

yeah bro wow is really back, if it was really BACK then a huge influx of people would always be online.

Cliffs:
    - wow not alive

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrox View Post
    Still havent seen cities as full as they where in Wotlk
    I know right? And the people in town were from YOUR realm only... not even these "linked" (merged) realms.

Ahhhh... he good old days.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be "that guy", but this happens with every expac. I expect numbers to fall back to where WoD was once the launch hype is over.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I could probably open battle.net on my PC and see a healthy amount of folks on...heck, I don't even think I have it (battle.net) installed anymore.

If I install/update anything this week, though, it's GW2 since there's a patch for it this week.

Wow has felt so alive for me as well, especially with the world PvP in Tannan Jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That's funny, I wasn't aware that it ever went away... Maybe because it didn't.
    The health of the game can be measured by other things than sub NUMBERS, by the way. For example, retained subs, and 5-7 million retained subs is better than 10 million burst and then 5 million lost because of no content.
    Thanks for the laughs. Those fantasy numbers are so silly. Did Morhaime personally text you that he RETAINED "5-7 mil" subs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Not to be "that guy", but this happens with every expac. I expect numbers to fall back to where WoD was once the launch hype is over.
    Agreed... I give it 2 months. Once the new content is consumed and we are in the grind of endgame, people will start to drop off. The RNG is unrewarding, the grind of order hall resources, Artifact Power, and Ancient Mana, and a weapon that cannot be fully leveled for months or maybe over a year. World quests are going to get old very, very fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Filled with people who miss WoW.
    Filled with people who miss a certain version of WoW.
    Times change my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, I logged back in yesterday to check things out. Did some LFR, sold some crap on the AH. The usual shenanigans. Didn't seem like anything was too different, though.
    Nothing (visible) has changed. It's just a pre-patch. Look back in a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow even this thread alone is filled with some Doomsayers, maybe it is time to move on? Your unhealthy obsession with a game that you hate could be causing you more health issues then you notice. That being said, Legion out of the door has the most promising amount of content, if they keep it up we are golden.

Deleted
    The content of Legion seems good so far, but unless they start merging/connecting more of the smaller servers then people are going to leave again, because no one wants to play on a dead server and most will refuse to pay for a transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    OP clearly never experienced a patch day/week in WoW. This happens every patch, be it content patch or pre-patch. Though there is always considerably more traffic during expansion pre-patches as people come back to see if the game is fun to play with the class changes.
    Well, I have. And yea, there are more people online this past 2 weeks--in WoW--than I have seen since Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My Battle.net list is now full of people on WoW again. People who haven't played since like Cataclysm even. Every server I go on the cities are FULL. Can barely see anything...

Legion HYPE. Blizzard definitely got a lot of people excited for this expansion, lets hope it lives up to it. I'd be willing to bet were at ~10m again like at the start of WoD.
    How long do you think it's take for them to quit again? I'm willing to say two months. Just long enough to see a few bosses and how shitty the bounty system is.

Every expansion sees a jump in subscribers at the start then dies slowly or incredibly fast. Time will tell with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    nope not this time

KT is bumping. I know its one of the bigger lopsided US servers, but we have a crapton of people online, or so it seems.

Also, I'm LOVING:

1. Graphics upgrade options(man the game looks great in 2k max draw @ 144fps)
    2. Transmog - shoulda been like this from the start
    3. Class changes - really make leveling fun again, Outlaw rogue ftw when leveling, lol. Too bad mine is already 100.
    4. Older dungeons more fun because everything looks so much better, it looks like a new 2016 game on a 980TI w/ Gsync running at 2k with > 80fps. SO MUCH BETTER GRAPHICALLY.

Honestly, I didn't know that they were doing such improvements on the graphics. This thing will actually not run as smoothly as it could, even on a 4.4ghz devils canyon and a 980ti classy, when you get into higher resolutions or any kind of AA. If you have the right monitor, no matter what rig you go, WoW can push it, and the improvements in graphics are amazingly clear on a good monitor as well. Every find detail seems to be redone and looks truly "retina ready." Fixing these graphics had to take forever.