Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    In terms of story, I mean. At the Elwynn Forest end, you had the small hint about the Collector's Ring and the Defias, which bleeds into Westfall's story. Redridge's story kinda bleeds into Burning Steppes with Keeshan and the Orc story. Felwood's furbolg stuff connects with Winterspring.

Do any Broken Isle zone endings actually give you that breadcrumb quest that says 'Go to this zone now' (Like the majority of zone quests), or can you just choose where to go?
    You can do only zones and you will lose no story really. The zones are designed to work completly independent. Some of the zones hint to the others, but not in any real "event" way. Its not like an enemy will go from 1 zone to another.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit annoying indeed. I mean, I don't think it would be too hard to make a few quests connecting an area to another that you haven't done before but still giving you the option to pick whichever you'd like.
    They have the technology and such quests would be mostly text. Just write some lines, people!
    Different opinions are different.

Having each zone be self-contained makes it much easier to have large storylines, not to mention each zone sets up the lore behind a dungeons in the penultimate quest.

With zones being self contained you don't have to worry about how each character fits into the entire story, just their own small part of it.

Not to mention the overarching goal for legion questing is to gather the pillars of creation, they are already conntected, and as a leader of your class order, you decide which area needs attention first.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And to not forget that having four start zones decreases the problems of past xpacs when you only had one or two start zones, and the traffic jams that it caused.. Everyone should remember the problems people had at the initial start zone in MoP, and the same with WoD..

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Correct... unlike every other 10 level expansion where you gain a couple levels each zone and feel like you are starting to overpower those mobs before going to another zone and having to gear a little more to do the same there. There is a feeling of progression there.

Whereas, with the exception of being undergeared to start with should you have low gear, never feeling like you are making abt headway until well after dinging 110. 100-110 might as well be one single level bar. Because, although your level changes, and your iLevel changes... everything is relatively the same difficulty. Boring.... thank God it's only 12 or so hours.
    Actually I don't know if you actually played the beta but if you stay in the same zone when you level, everything stays at the level it was for a couple hours or unless you leave the zone for too long.

I forget the exact triggers they outlined in a blue post, but for the most part it preserves that feeling of overpowering it a bit before you move on to the next zone in practice when I was playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Olloth View Post
    Actually I don't know if you actually played the beta but if you stay in the same zone when you level, everything stays at the level it was for a couple hours or unless you leave the zone for too long.

I forget the exact triggers they outlined in a blue post, but for the most part it preserves that feeling of overpowering it a bit before you move on to the next zone in practice when I was playing it.
    I have. And mobs changed levels lot faster can a couple hours... maybe within one quest. A dozen mobs maybe? I'm just expressing how the leveling feels to me. Non-progressive.

i guess the only way to feel the mobs become weaker is to overgear the zones correct? or even the ilevel get synchronized?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl does not sync, I can roflstomp everything except for full party bosses at ilvl856 which is basically Mythic Dungeon gear with legendary and couple of lucky pieces