Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "This comment has been blocked by Blizzard's Silence Countermeasure"

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    It is just a shame that we now have to mind our P's & Q's less we get silenced by some prissy nancy boy who should learn to HTFU.. Unfortunately this is how society is now days we can't speak our minds within reason less we get the book thrown at us..

And this is why I am in a great guild and we have our own TS server where we can trash talk all day and no one is offended since we all know each other..
    So you don't see the difference between trash talking a friend that does the same to you and doing that to a total stranger that might not be into this kind of fetish. What you call "prissy nancy boy" others call "educated". Educated people do not trash talk each other, especially over some animated pixels. Speaking your mind CONSTRUCTIVELY is much more productive that trash talking for the sake of feeling macho. Bringing PC, SJW and other retarded acronyms into this matter is just plain retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    So you don't see the difference between trash talking a friend that does the same to you and doing that to a total stranger that might not be into this kind of fetish. What you call "prissy nancy boy" others call "educated". Educated people do not trash talk each other, especially over some animated pixels. Speaking your mind CONSTRUCTIVELY is much more productive that trash talking for the sake of feeling macho. Bringing PC, SJW and other retarded acronyms into this matter is just plain retarded.
    /standingovation (Although, not a fan of the retarded comment.)
    Last edited by Jerichofr; 2016-07-25 at 06:44 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it quite funny that you made an account here just so you could talk down to me, I feel touched that I was worth the effort.. lol

24 pages of people yelling at each other and quoting me "YOU SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER LOL NO WONDER YOU GOT SILENCED LOL"

Like yeah no shit, are you all that dense?

The point is, I was right 4 threads ago. Its an automated troll system so blizzard can be lazy and fuck the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    24 pages of people yelling at each other and quoting me "YOU SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER LOL NO WONDER YOU GOT SILENCED LOL"

Like yeah no shit, are you all that dense?

The point is, I was right 4 threads ago. Its an automated troll system so blizzard can be lazy and fuck the community.
    If it's silencing the "community" that is telling people they should kill themselves, it's working as intended.

Great system.

It's ok guys patch 7.1 will introduce the safe space system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    If it's silencing the "community" that is telling people they should kill themselves, it's working as intended.

Great system.
    Exactly. And just look at the responses this and other threads are evoking from angry, bullying type people. "What? You mean I won't be able to verbally abuse people anymore? Talk about inappropriate matters in a game where children also play?"

I mean they are genuinely going to miss it. Thing is... I'm not going to miss them... at all. It's going to be a good expansion for game chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Anyone who advocates against the individual liberties of others "because of good taste" needs to reconsider their life stance and what effect it will have to the future society that their children will live in. Shit like that comes gradually.
    Which is exactly why we support the silence feature. We are looking to the future society... and allowing the kind of crap that goes on in this game via chat, pst, etc is disturbing... and cringeworthy.

And you are right... that aggressive, abusive, and bullying crap came on ever so gradually. Now it needs to be pulled out by the roots and thrown on the hot sidewalk to dry up and blow away.

Buh -bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's ok guys patch 7.1 will introduce the safe space system.
    Oh boy, I can't wait to go back to garrisons, only without general/trade chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Oh boy, I can't wait to go back to garrisons, only without general/trade chat!
    Nah this is how the safe space system works. If someone gets triggered or whiny over someone saying something that upsets them after 20 reports it automatically puts you in a white box called the safe space.

"Retarded" So educated Trash talk and being a somewhat intelligent individual aren't really mutually exclusive. If you think educated people are all prim and proper all the time when playing video games or doing anything competitive then I'd like to know what rock you've been living under.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

I'm willing to bet i'll never get silenced. Why? Because i'm not a flaming rager, whiner, or overall asshole, in particular on public chat channels.

Great feature, IF it does indeed require manual confirmation and can't be abused by groups of people willing to troll.

"but....my feeling were hurt"

LOL, looks like BG's are gonna be full of muted players

Deleted
    7.1 will have a safe space for all the Nancy's en SJW'S where they can cuddle and pick flowers in a non-violent environment. They can run around there while circlejerking and rainbows will shine out of their arses.

Editing what I say to suit your fallacy is exactly whats wrong with society. Selfish little entitled pricks running down others and when their victims revolt they get "silenced" and the lot.

Sorry mate but as long as there are normal people out there they won't let little covert Trumps rule our world under the veil of "security" "freedom" "equality" which are ALWAYS coupled with opression of whoever isn't one of them. Your freedom ends where mine begins. Perhaps read some basic education books to understand what are your rights. You are no more special than anyone else and you do not deserve different treatment than anyone else.

People will not let fascism take over. Believe it.
    This is a GAME. You have NO rights inside this game, you even agreed to the EULA which basically says they don;t even guarantee it to work. Silence is here to stay and you're just going to have to STFU or quit the game... either of which accomplishes the goal of the feature to reduce the toxic, abusive people, and promote a friendly gaming atmosphere.

I'm tickled to death they have done this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    7.1 will have a safe space for all the Nancy's en SJW'S where they can cuddle and pick flowers in a non-violent environment. They can run around there while circlejerking and rainbows will shine out of their arses.
    And you're not invited... :P

Glad you decided to show your true colors. BTW what you exclaim here is the dictionary definition of fascism.
    Yep... Red, White, and Blue.

And what I describe falls under Capitalism. It is a business that provides an entertainment service. The only "rights" you have are to purchase or not purchase. I this game you do not have rights to "free speech", but to simply consume the content. If at any time your behavior interferes or otherwise hinders others from enjoying the product as intended, Blizzard has the right to take whatever measures they deem appropriate, up to and including banning you from the game permanently.

I know you don't like it, but you can choose to play and abide by their rules or not to play. But that is as far as your "rights" go in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    This is a GAME. You have NO rights inside this game, you even agreed to the EULA which basically says they don;t even guarantee it to work. Silence is here to stay and you're just going to have to STFU or quit the game... either of which accomplishes the goal of the feature to reduce the toxic, abusive people, and promote a friendly gaming atmosphere.

I'm tickled to death they have done this.
    I'll happily not play this game if it means I don't have to deal with toxic people like this.

Just looking at how vile and hostile your posts are I think it is clear that you should not have any powers in game or tbh anywhere. I wouldn't even let you have metal utensils to be honest. You are clearly hostile and hate other people.

You can just power trip for a while but believe me your kind of behavior is not welcome anywhere.
    None of my posts have been vile or hostile. Nothing close to your own bullying tactics and misrepresentation of my statements. I am simply defending Blizz's right to instate this policy. You are the one slinging derogatory remarks and innuendo.

But even if what you state were true... then I will be one of the first people silenced, and gladly accept the consequences. The policy will be a godsend to the game and if you don't like it you do have alternatives... Feel you have a right to berate people and get silenced, learn to treat your fellow man with respect and enjoy chat privileges, or simply quit playing.

You have no other choice in game, but of course are welcome to go to outside forums like this one and let your anger spew forth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Doesn't matter. To me nothing justifies a reply of "go kill yourself". There are some limits to what I consider proper conduct and that pushes it. I did see someone say that thing on chat today and I reported him, not at all caring for context. There is no context under which telling someone to go kill themselves is an appropriate response.
    Careful Nymrohd... he's likely to brand you a fascist!

But I agree. Words have meaning even if the people using them don't have enough intelligence to understand them. I am going to be very busy reporting people who have become accustomed to malicious, mean, and disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    It's better than getting temporarily banned because some jerkwad in a random group reported you because you called him a twat, when all he did was intentionally wipe the group or something so he could kick you out because you called him out for basically being afk and his mates don't like your attitude.

I am certain there is very little chance I will get silenced, because I am really not active enough outside of guild chat, or outside of LFG channel on my server, where everyone uses it as a global catch all chat channel and that's mainly all older players.

Before I absolutely did get temporarily banned on a few occasions for extremely trivial things I don't think anyone should ever be banned for. Now I won't get punished for the rare occasion where I feel I need to tell someone off, as GMs are more than likely not even paying attention to reports that haven't activated an automated silence.

But yet it is terrible, it's just too open to abuse and promises to fall significantly short of dealing with really problematic players.
    If they open a ticket, I'm sure thats still possible though.

I love talking in trade. I'm a sassy person too. I joke around and argue politics and whatever... can you imagine if a whole guild just started reporting anyone who did that... "just because." This is a terrible change. Its anti-freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    . . . I think I reported the OP . . .
    Silence doesn't work here MUDDAFUCKA!

Really though, I feel for all the people being silenced for no reason - A few silences in and you'll be silenced into Legion - Thanks for all that you do for our community Blizzard