7+ Year Old Account

Why are do some people pull iskar?

Something i noticed whenever i am on an archimonde fight is that sometimes, someone will just go and engage and reset iskar ( can see from dbm messages that its iskar)

why they do this?

If a pull timer is cancelled, It will be CD Reset for 10 min cds like army. thats why our DKs do it.

Bosses that are easy to reset are pulled to reset long cooldowns which players sometime use on the trash beforehand to get out of the way quickly. (ie, Gorefiend, Tyrant, Xhul [sometimes], Iskar, Socrethar, Fel Lord are all very easy to reset.)

Deleted
    Is it normal that we couldn't reset BL by dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Something i noticed whenever i am on an archimonde fight is that sometimes, someone will just go and engage and reset iskar ( can see from dbm messages that its iskar)

why they do this?
    rolling hero.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Is it normal that we couldn't reset BL by dying?
    Yeah, happened to us as well. Someone said it was intended and was changed in the pre-patch so that people can't use it in Mythic+ or other situations where it might be beneficial to die and reset your debuff. It only happens, or at least the only times I saw it, is when you die during trash. If you pull a raid boss and reset the boss your debuff should drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Yeah, happened to us as well. Someone said it was intended and was changed in the pre-patch so that people can't use it in Mythic+ or other situations where it might be beneficial to die and reset your debuff. It only happens, or at least the only times I saw it, is when you die during trash. If you pull a raid boss and reset the boss your debuff should drop.
    I guess they want to avoid the "use the resses for a dps boost" methods. It doesn't sound like a big deal. But they might think it's more tidy.

Engaging Iskar changes the sky effect in HFC - if you engage him and reset him it'll change the sky for your other encounters.