Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    As usual, RP people couldn't handle change.
    If you chose an RP server, then you should expect to be on an RP server. RP people are completely within their rights to expect Blizzard to keep supporting RP communities.

I personally don't play on RP servers. If the issue is not on an RP server, it should be reported on the official forum. If you're on an RP server, then I'm sorry but you signed for that.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    You're joking right ? You seriously don't understand it ?

The problem is that dozens upon dozens of people who DO NOT RP sit around places where people DO RP (Cathedral Square etc ) on their giant mounts or just generally talking OOC in /say, either intentionally or unintentionally. That is why CRZ was a problem, seriously, I don't get how you can't see it.

If your answer to this is: "Just RP that the guy talking about Trump and Hillary is crazy ! " ... don't bother.

Oh, that and the fact that RPers on the same server would be phased into different 'shards' and no longer see eachother and have NO way to RP, but yeah must be those people who don't "get it".
    you do realise, that shit happens on RP servers as well right?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    How can a realm not mix? It's not like you have 2 different cultures. you are both players, both got good and bad players. Don't try to be a special snowflake like england is doing right now :P
    You don't understand what the actual problem with Blizzard's implementation was. Re-read the thread until you get it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    Wow amazing to see all the replies, seems to me that certain realms in certain battlegroups had RPers who were basically butthurt.....or I could be wrong, Thanks for all the answers!
    Wouldn't use such dumb reply. 'Butthurt' is more when things 'ruined' something that it didn't, this topic though, it actually ruined quite more. Roleplayers sort of need to be in the area together to RP, and not be shiftet off to another phase because there's a little too much activity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Holy damn this RP hate is baffling. The change was made so RPers can always see at least thier own people form thier own server.
    RP hate is common, some servers die to it. RIP TVC.

I never really understood why this whole is a problem to some, or that it should have to be welcomed negatively.

- - - Updated - - -

So.. whining in trade, and whining on forums is RP now? Are you kidding? Please tell me you are. Because right now, there are "Trade chat RP guilds" on EU RP servers. People that do nothing but whine and moan about changes like this. Let me guess, that's a real RP idea?

/headdesk

Where are the days that RP actually meant something, and some thought went into it. Instead of "it's outside the WoW norm, so it's RP!"

And I have no clue how being killed in PVP on a PVE server equates to "seeing more people in a city". That's just some leap right there.
    Don't you pin that shit on RP, that is also on all other kinds of servers. And at so, people go to RP servers at many times due to a better economy, sometimes turning it to the worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It doesn't negatively impact your realm at all, unless you're on an RP Realm.

RP Realms are based off (clearly) the ability and respect of RP. Merging lots of servers, and having non-RP orientated people playing around and trolling you is a bit jarring and stupid. However, to all others, it makes literally no difference. It's just now your server is more populated, to which I say; Deal, With, It
    Well, Hyve mentioned it quite well, if people have questions about the topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goonygoon View Post
    It was harming RP servers because of phasing.

Basically, imagine if you formed a raid group and went into HFC, but your raid group was phased into 3 different instances of HFC. Can you see why this was a problem? And before people ask, yes it was even happening with people in your group.
    Good example, mate.. Should've thought of that.. hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

@Gehco As a Rper myself I know there is hate. I tend to forget the dimensions sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    @Gehco As a Rper myself I know there is hate. I tend to forget the dimensions sometimes.
    Oh, I know too. Even saw a server almost/if not fully, die to it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    you do realise, that shit happens on RP servers as well right?
    Now you're just being contrarian. You DO understand that there was a huge flood of people from non-RP servers that normally wasn't there (as opposed to just the occasional troll), you just don't want to concede that you possibly couldn't be right. Typical internet, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    Now you're just being contrarian. You DO understand that there was a huge flood of people from non-RP servers that normally wasn't there (as opposed to just the occasional troll), you just don't want to concede that you possibly couldn't be right. Typical internet, got it.
    AAh yes, the usual "critique on RP people is false, you are a hater omg!" excuse.

Was it a bad decision by blizzard? Yea, it was.
    Did it need the hate spewing that it got? Not by a long shot

huge difference there. Might want to try that sometimes.

There is a huge difference between discussing these changes in a civil manner, and what RP people did on this forum, rage and scream that blizzard hates RP and just did this to spite them. (See the original topic about this)

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    nuke goldshire inn
    PVPers there are really bad, so I like having a highbie there to just kill everything and they can't really stop you cuz they are literally that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================