Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    No it isn't there is no such thing as been wrong.
    Everything is subjective to a point of view there for no one is wrong by omission.

Try harder next time.
    Including comedy, ergo your statement that comedians are supposed to be funny to absolutely everyone is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So you have an equal level of hate for, say, Chris Katan, Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider? Or are you going to argue these guys are actually funny?

Why?

Oh wait, determining whether a comedian is funny is fairly subjective.
    look adam sandler is funny. im really getting tired of people thinking adam sandler movies is actual adam sandler.

watch funny people. you'll see that when adam sandler actually tries hes still funny as shit
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    look adam sandler is funny. im really getting tired of people thinking adam sandler movies is actual adam sandler.

watch funny people. you'll see that when adam sandler actually tries hes still funny as shit
    Adam Sandler has had some amazing movies, and quite a few terrible ones. I think a few years back he accumulated enough $$ that he just accepts any movie that interests him, or allows him to work with the same crew that is in a lot of Sandler movies. I doubt he cares too much about if the movie will be good or not he just wants to work and work with friends. If he held out for only "good" scripts he would likely be regarded more seriously, yet he has not so I would think that he doesn't care about that.

Deleted
    To make a decent movie they should have hired Tina Fey n Amy Poehler, Sarah Silveman n better director...

No point stands.
    Comedian is supposed to be funny to all and every one if they are not they are just an actor trying to be funny.
    There are comedians that are fun for every one and every one who says otherwise is lying.

Chris Rock for example is one of them.
    He is funny regardless of what he does because he is actually a Comedian unlike those 4 chavs.
    Rofl. So if one person doesn't find a comedian funny, they aren't a comedian? Hahahaha, hahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Just watched. This movie is really really shitty, but there's worse out there. Avatar the Last Airbender is much worse.

2/10 movie.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    To make a decent movie they should have hired Tina Fey n Amy Poehler, Sarah Silveman n better director...
    See I was gonna say that other than Kate McKinnon, the directing was actually "okay", I feel the writing is what let the film down, but then I read the director also wrote the film, so yeah.

Not to bring the subject off venom spewing and back onto the movie buuuuut....

I went and saw this a few days ago, aside from a lame dorky villain i thought the movie was pretty good. I laughed my ass off through quite a bit of it. The theater was about half full and it was a pretty loud group laugh going on in there. Kate Mckinnon was great, she stole the show in my opinion, her facial expressions really took your focus off the rest of the cast (who were also hilarious.) Dan Aykroyd's cameo was probably the worst of the three Ghostbusters, it just felt awkward.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen.../#38754bba49ea

Ghostbusters drops by a whopping 63%.
    Yeah, that's a considerable bit larger than normal.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Add in the worst movie trailer ever, and the director's almost childish response to any legit criticism, Hollywood's poor track record with previous remade movies, all led to sub-par expectations before it was even released. IMDB shows that this film was rated pretty well by women ~7-8/10 with higher ratings the younger they were. However it was only in the 4/10 range for all ages of men. Rotten tomatoes kind of backs this up with a top critic and audience score around 60%.

Paul Feig only agreed to direct/write this film if he could do it the way he wanted, he turned it down twice before, so really success or failure is mostly on him. He did do an outstanding job of ostracizing original fans and to a lesser degree men so they have little or no interest in what should have been guaranteed viewers.

In order to be a comedian you actually have to be funny on all levels
    I'm glad we can finally put to bed the notion that Adam Sandler is a comedian. That guy is pure shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Yeah, that's a considerable bit larger than normal.
    21.6 mil feels really, really fucking good for week 2 for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The averaged out drop was 53% which isn't too bad...

the toys are apparently selling extremely well so kids seem to like it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

21.6 mil feels really, really fucking good for week 2 for this.
    Except it's really not for what's supposed to be a summer blockbuster, and not when it's still behind The Secret Life of Pets. You're talking about a domestic total gross that will probably be right around the production cost, and a foreign market that has them locked out of the largest foreign market. It's really not looking that rosy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Except it's really not for what's supposed to be a summer blockbuster, and not when it's still behind The Secret Life of Pets. You're talking about a domestic total gross that will probably be right around the production cost, and a foreign market that has them locked out of the largest foreign market. It's really not looking that rosy.
    I guess I should have said by me estimation. Like, I can't believe that many feminazi's exist to push it up that high. As i never considered this thing a summer blockbuster at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I guess I should have said by me estimation. Like, I can't believe that many feminazi's exist to push it up that high. As i never considered this thing a summer blockbuster at all.
    It was demonstrably advertised as a summer blockbuster...

I genuinely wonder if the film will do any more than break even with its initial production costs at this point, given that Feig said himself it needed to score in the $500mil region to be a real success. I'm so far seeing it as dropping off completely around the $200mil~220mil mark, once international box office is fully accounted for, as domestically in the West, specifically the US, Star Trek Beyond has already written it a death sentence.

Star Trek's taken $90mil in 3 days now, with the final 3rd day takings yet to be fully accounted for.

Deleted
    My sister said Ghostbusters looks like total shit when she saw the trailer on TV

So, we went n saw Ice Age instead, that squirrel carries all those movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    GB is aiming for biggest flop in the Summer of Flops.