Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeshammy View Post
    Questiong related to Mythic+ dungeons. So far I have been running the standard Ascendance build. Great on bosses, weak on packs. Up to mythic 4+ this was fine, but at higher lvls it feels like im falling too far behind other classes outside of boosfights...

What are other elementals running in higher mythic+ dungeons as talent setup? Assuming an LR/Icefury build, what is the cast prio? fs>LvB>FrostShock(with buff)>Icefury>filler?
    Honestly boss damage is kinda the Ele functionality, I run the standars EM/Asc build aswell but i can definately say unless you're heavilly invested in your artifact in the right ways Static overload (this destroys when it does proc), and go down the Earthquake and volcanic inferno route your AoE damage is just going to be on the low side. I personally went down to fury of the storms first because once you get out of your Ascendance and pop stormkeeper with PotM+ Fury of the storms it bursts like crazy. but you'll just have to accept that AE like WoD isn't there anymore.

Prophecy of Fear appears to be bugged.

Every single Earthquake tick triggers an explosion, did a mythic dungeon and Doom Nova did up to 40% of my damage on some pulls.

Deleted
    Since we are back to MoP-Mastery does anyone know if CL chance to overload is still mastery/3 or is it now mastery/5 as we hit now 5 targets baseline with CL ?

EDIT: So I just went to a Single-Target dummy in sw. 140 CL casted, 19 Overloads while hevaing 52.85% Mastery.

19/140 * 100 = 13.57%

13.57% / 52.85% * 100 = 25,67% ==> roughly 1/4

Though the testing number is a little to small to take this as a fact.
    Last edited by mmoc2e9ed64cdd; 2016-07-24 at 10:41 AM.

Ok i didn't read the entire topic so maybe someone already write about it .
    Yesterday i test Fury of the storms on 4 instances ...
    The maximum TOTAL damage of this BROKEN thing was 900 k !!! Is this a Joke ?? Are they mocking as ??

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Ok i didn't read the entire topic so maybe someone already write about it .
    Yesterday i test Fury of the storms on 4 instances ...
    The maximum TOTAL damage of this BROKEN thing was 900 k !!! Is this a Joke ?? Are they mocking as ??
    What do you mean with "total" damage? One use? If not, how often?

Lightning Elemental is doing around 400k-500k per use for me on ST, pretty average.

Problem is Multi target, it's Cl hits for 1/3 and doesn't scale with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    What do you mean with "total" damage? One use? If not, how often?

Lightning Elemental is doing around 400k-500k per use for me on ST, pretty average.

Problem is Multi target, it's Cl hits for 1/3 and doesn't scale with haste.
    I use him on 3 boss fights .
    On first boss hi did 200 k damage .
    on second boss hi did 400 k damage .
    On third boss around 300 k damage ......
    Thats a Joke .
    400k = 2 LvB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    400k = 2 LvB.
    And how much is that of your total damage? I'm seeing numbers around 4-5% on ST fights.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Yep, totally removing not only a QoL perk but also a piece of class fantasy in form of a direct teleport to the Earth Shrines (a Shaman thing) is justified. Please just go away, troll.

Not to mention that Shaman has currently 4 minor glyphs, non of them are directly for Elemental. Another 4 will be added with the release of Legion, I suppose. But non of them even come close to fullfil their new role of cosmetic shiet like other classes have.... decreasing the size of Elementals by 15% - FUCK, YEAH!

Mage - 6 glyphs

- changes the appearance of your water ele
    - visual effect after using Combustion
    - sheeped mobs are larger

Druid - 10 glyphs

- just leaving a link here, since it hurts me seeing actual good minor glyphs http://www.wowhead.com/items/glyphs/druid

Wether or not you think Blizzard is right here is totally irrelevant - your behaivor posting in this forum section, and in an Ele specific thread, just suggest that you've no interest whatsoever. Go discuss minor glyphs on the Druid forums.
    This may be the first time I can fully agree with you, but I agree. Our minor glyphs and glyphs in general are just ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Holy shit, I just played my Affliction Lock in PvP today....why the fuck did I ever bother with my Elemental Shaman. On my Lock, I am an unkillable damage-dealing GOD!!!!
    You do realize they are broken right? Its not like that on beta and wont be like that come Legion, but okay. Might as well have fun with it while you can.

Mages are far better than affliction locks anyway. Fire mages are broken, 9 pyroblasts in one combustion with flame cannon and flare up pvp talents. 1.5 sec spell immunity on each blink.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-07-24 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite enjoying Ele atm. Rather shocking how easily I outperform my Enh main spec in Ele atm even with a lower ring. Too bad that scaling won't hold at 110.

I feel like elemental is really boring, there's no complexity or depth to the spec anymore. it's just flame shock, lava burst and lightning bolt....the end.

very bland, does the artifact alter the rotation in anyway or is this it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatic View Post
    The new Intuition's Gift trinket might be comparable to Sandman's if you happen to have one from raiding as resto. I haven't simmed anything, but I'm sure it's close.
    Is it though? Even with the versatility, the intellect took a huge hit on HFC trinkets.

Almost a 100 intellect difference between the two. (given I already have Sandman's anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post
    I feel like elemental is really boring, there's no complexity or depth to the spec anymore. it's just flame shock, lava burst and lightning bolt....the end.

You get an extra short CD to weave in as well as procs, although the procs do not force a change to rotation as far as I've gathered.

Other than that the rotation is pretty much the same as in WoD with some small additions so if anything it did get a little bit more depth instead of becoming even simpler - especially with some talent options like Icefury.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post

the current fotm talents pe/em/asc is one reason why it is boring as hell because it doesn't add any spell to the rotation.
    with elemental blast or especially with ice fury, it will get more interesting

I like the elemental play. I used to like in WoD, yet target switching was not good at all.
    Also theres more then a rotation in a fight. Yet fighting dummy's 24/7 could be boring yes. Otherwise theres utility and movement do consider, time Icefury, Time stun totem for adds, theres plenty.... but people are always unhappy, even if you give EM 3 charges and Ascendance has a new spell bar....

I couldn't care less about mechanics to be honest, as long as we have the numbers.

Yesterday we did nighthold on beta, there was a guy who played a hunter for the first time ever, still beat me.
    I used everything on "The thing that should not be" (add in last phase of last boss), rogues still managed to do more damage than me on that specific add.

Lightning bolt is too weak
    Flame shock's duration is too short
    All artifact golden traits are way undertuned

Maaaan just logged onto my shaman, we are a focused dps spec not sure how i feel about this. I honestly miss dropping searing totem, healing stream totem, grounding, tremor, whenever a situation arises, iam ready. That was the reason I played shaman, they killed the utility are we still hybrid? What are other hybrid classes? How are boomy, ret pala doing with their utility spells?
    Last edited by elcapone; 2016-07-25 at 04:00 PM.

Shaman in pre-patch and probably later in beta is a sprint runner.

you dump your damage during Ascendence with EM and during 1minute you have super fire elemental after that the damage is pathetic. We have to spend 3 talents in this playstile Primal Elementalist, Elemental Mastery, Ascendence. 3 rows so we can burst

The thing is I would accept this playstile if there was a alternative one, but the alternative to those talents in a raid envoirment atlest is so bad there is no alternative. There should be more alternatives to Sprint runner

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    The thing is I would accept this playstile if there was a alternative one, but the alternative to those talents in a raid envoirment atlest is so bad there is no alternative. There should be more alternatives to Sprint runner
    Lightning Rod probably surpasses Ascendance in any situation where you can use a lot of Cl, but there should be at least one target that doesn't die within seconds.

But for the pre patch, LR could potentially be better on some fights but due the fact that anything within seconds and the majority of fights lasts less than 3min, Ascendance is obviously the way to go.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-07-25 at 05:50 PM.

I will give you 1 talent, we still dependent on other 2 CDs.

We will be garbage on mythic+ where sustained for trash will be king