Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Your vote has literally zero chance of electing a third party candidate under the current system.

The only meaning your vote has is electing the worse candidate.
    Wrong, because neither will ever get my vote. I'm not helping either of them win. I'm voting for who I want to vote for.

If you enjoy only choosing the "lesser of two evils" have fun. I'm done with that horse shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    She's still anti-GMO and the GP is unreasonably against animal testing they probably don't understand the value of in the first place. I'm also not sure how feasible a literal right to employment is and she wants to cut the military budget in half, basically withdraw to our own borders, and eliminate nuclear weapons entirely. And that's in 30 seconds of searching.
    Yeah Sanders is as far to the left as I'm willing to support. Stein has some good ideas and a few I scratch my head at.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    There were emails colluding with the media and discussing federal appointments for doners to hillarys campaign.
    Which emails showed them colluding with media?

I've seen emails between DNC officials and media, which isn't uncommon. But I've not seen any so far (haven't been keeping a super close eye on all of them) that show actual collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Going to be interesting how the dnc convention goes tonight.
    After debbie got booed earlier and then after watching Bernie get booed by his own supporters she has announced she will not be doing anything in the DNC tonight if CNN has it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Did any of the stuff they discussed in the EMails actually come to fruition in reality? Was there a fake ad posted on Craigslist about Trump hiring hot women? Was there advertising suggesting Bernie was an atheist as opposed to Jewish?

Were any of these EMails anything but internal spit-balling?
    There were emails that show collusion with the media to portray Hillary in a good light and not Bernie

There were emails colluding with the media and discussing federal appointments for doners to hillarys campaign.
    actually yes. When the DNC took away sander's voter data, they turned around and blamed his campaign, spouting exactly the same shit in the specific email about Sanders' campaign being dysfunctional and uncoordinated, all at the same time the DNC was actively working against the campaign. a

And those mother fuckers have the gall to call the Sanders campaign "divisive".
    kind of like how conservatives called the Civil Rights movement "divisive" all those rabble rousers wanting equal treatment and representtation and what not SOOO divisive.. lol
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-07-25 at 06:09 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Wrong, because neither will ever get my vote. I'm not helping either of them win. I'm voting for who I want to vote for.

If you enjoy only choosing the "lesser of two evils" have fun. I'm done with that horse shit.
    Do what you want. That doesn't change the fact that you're throwing away your vote.

If you've waited until the Presidential election to try and change the system then lols you're about two years too late.

This is the problem with your sentiment. Its lazy. It doesn't actually do anything to change the system. Its like the people who tweet out sympathies in response to disasters and do nothing else. Go to a blood drive or try to get donations for the problem. And for this topic, get involved on the local level if you actually give a shit about the topic you're throwing your vote away over.

Otherwise its just mindless whining.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-07-25 at 06:07 PM.

Do what you want. That doesn't change the fact that you're throwing away your vote.

If you've waited until the Presidential election to try and change the system then lols you're about two years too late.
    The only way to throw away a vote is to not cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Nah, dude. My strategy is better. I vote in November and then bitch to nobody in particular for four years. Then I wonder why nothing has changed come next election.

This election isn't about policy or reason. It's about irrational hatred of Hillary Clinton.
    What also annoys me is that people completely ignore the mid-term elections. It's as if they think the President is almighty and can do whatever he wants. Of course on foreign policy it is a lot like that, which is why Trump scares me so much as a European, but in domestic affairs... to band money in politics, to get single-payer healthcare, to confirm progressive justices to the supreme court, most of what Bernie wants to do is legislative stuff. Yet they ignore the mid-terms and lets the Republicans win seats in those elections. 40% voter turnout or something. I bet if Bernie had become President and when he couldn't pass his stuff in Congress lots of his voters would feel betrayed and completely illogically vote for the other side again or something. Some people seem to think it's about one person when it's clearly not. I mean even if a single-payer healthcare system is not on the agenda of whomever is President from the Democratic party, do you seriously think a Democratic President would block such an Act should it come to his or hers desk? Of course not! The problem is not the Presidency on this regard, it's that Congress doesn't have enough elected progressives.

That's the problem he's talking about though. If you are deliberately choosing not to vote for either candidate, and instead vote for a third party candidate that will never win, you've just taken a vote away from the "lesser of two evils" as you put it and allowed the greater of the two a chance to earn a vote. From an election results stand point, it's a wasted vote...but I wholly understand the desire to not want to vote for either of the clowns from the Republicans or Democrats we've got vying for the position at this point.

The only way to throw away a vote is to not cast it.
    Well I'm sure repeating this pointless platitude will fix the system.

This is the problem with your sentiment. Its lazy. It doesn't actually do anything to change the system. Its like the people who tweet out sympathies in response to disasters and do nothing else. Go to a blood drive or try to get donations for the problem. And for this topic, get involved on the local level if you actually give a shit about the topic you're throwing your vote away over.

ya, why doesn't everyone with a 9-5 and a family to raise spend all of their free time fighting campaign laws....
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    ya, why doesn't everyone with a 9-5 and a family to raise spend all of their time fighting campaign laws....
    Yeah that's what I said.

Do you even know how much goes into getting involved on a local level? You can become a delegate incredibly easily. You can also work phone banks or go door-to-door if you have more time.

You clearly don't even know what the basic process is. When I was between jobs, I spent time going door-to-door for Sanders here in Illinois. I took only about 2 hours in the week (Usually on Friday or Saturday) to do so. Even that small amount of participation is vastly more beneficial than just voting for a third party Presidential candidate at the last minute and whine about the system after.

I guess I will have to hope for the House of Representatives to impeach Trump so that we get a President Mike Pence if it comes to that. I would have living in America with a Mike Pence Presidency. But at least he would not threaten the collapse of the world order. Only problem with that is that the ideological strains of Trump would only grow in support with such a move. So please, don't let it ever come to that. Elect a Democrat, I don't care who it is. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That's the problem he's talking about though. If you are deliberately choosing not to vote for either candidate, and instead vote for a third party candidate that will never win, you've just taken a vote away from the "lesser of two evils" as you put it and allowed the greater of the two a chance to earn a vote. From an election results stand point, it's a wasted vote...but I wholly understand the desire to not want to vote for either of the clowns from the Republicans or Democrats we've got vying for the position at this point.
    And no one will ever win if a vote is never cast for them. He tries to make this a forgone conclusion to make sure they will never win. Which is his goal.

And no one will ever win if a vote is never cast for them. He tries to make this a forgone conclusion to make sure they will never win. Which is his goal.
    No I'm just stating the obvious fact. Not the fantasy here for electing a third party candidate.

Your like or dislike the current system is irrelevant. This is the way it works for this particular election.

If you ACTUALLY care then the next election actually fucking do something rather than whine on the internet.

Yeah that's what I said.

Do you even know how much goes into getting involved on a local level? You can become a delegate incredibly easily. You can also work phone banks or go door-to-door if you have more time.

You clearly don't even know what the basic process is. When I was between jobs, I spent time going door-to-door for Sanders here in Illinois. I took only about 2 hours in the week (Usually on Friday or Saturday) to do so. Even that small amount of participation is vastly more beneficial than just voting for a third party Presidential candidate at the last minute and whine about the system after.
    now you're just talking about volunteering., that's not what you were talking about earlier. volunteering for a candidate is nothing like getting involved in local government. I wasn't talking anything about volunteering, I was talking about ACTUAL real work to affect change, not going door to door on the weekend for a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    now you're just talking about volunteering., that's not what you were talking about earlier. volunteering for a candidate is nothing like getting involved in local government. I wasn't talking anything about volunteering, I was talking about ACTUAL real work to affect change, not going door to door on the weekend for a candidate.
    Uhhh yes it is. I gave you my specific example because I think Sanders, if he was able to get the nomination, he'd change the system in the way that I wanted. Or at least start to.

You can also get involved IN your local government if you want. That does take a bit more time, but still nowhere near how you seem to think it is. Also actual elected representatives do get paid if that was your problem.

Seriously, cut out the infantile and narrow minded shit about votes being meaningless. This has been brought up before (probably by you as well) and it's the dumbest possible statement about voting. If you care enough to check a box to someone's name that has meaning to you, whatever the reason might be. Whether it means something to someone else be damned. You don't get a fucking medal for voting for someone who won, or sent to jail for voting for someone who lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Seriously, cut out the infantile and narrow minded shit about votes being meaningless. This has been brought up before (probably by you as well) and it's the dumbest possible statement about voting. If you care enough to check a box to someone's name that has meaning to you, whatever the reason might be. Whether it means something to someone else be damned. You don't get a fucking medal for voting for someone who won, or sent to jail for voting for someone who lost.
    Grats I'm super glad that has meaning to you. I have no idea where you got the idea I said anything even close to the last sentence of your paragraph. Its just a bunch of nonsense because I pointed out how its the reality of the situation. And apparently you're upset about it.