15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how they could put GR into the TV show...I just don't see it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I don't know how they could put GR into the TV show...I just don't see it.
    With Doctor Strange coming soon it does make sense for AoS to start delving into the magical side of the Marvel Universe, however Ghost Rider seems like a bit of a dark choice more suited to the Netflix side of things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    With Doctor Strange coming soon it does make sense for AoS to start delving into the magical side of the Marvel Universe, however Ghost Rider seems like a bit of a dark choice more suited to the Netflix side of things.
    I just don't think it really fits the style of AoS.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I just don't think it really fits the style of AoS.
    Cloak and Dagger would have been a better fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Cloak and Dagger would have been a better fit.
    Not a terrible idea. Those two got their powers from being dosed up with a new type of super heroin....could easily make that into something terrigen crystal based. That said, the two characters come with a lot of baggage (the drug connection aside), the cleavage window of Dagger and the fact that Cloak is a black man without a body (people have written essays on the connotations of what that may symbolise), fairly simple changes to correct, but sure to cause outrage whichever way they go with it. Ghost Rider is, in a lot of ways, a much safer pick. Especially the Robbie Reyes version. I mean, dude doesn't have a flaming skull for a head, it's only a stylised helmet (iirc), which saves on production costs. It's a lesser known character so they're able to do their own thing with him. Could also be easily set up as an antagonist (inhuman accidentally harms his brother, the characters sole reason for being GR, daisy protects said inhuman as part of her redemptive path, chaos ensues).
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I am wondering if this is an attempt to springboard him into his own Netflix/TV series much like how Punisher was in DD and springboarded into his own. They know people want to see it, but it's easier to test the water to see the viewing audiences reaction. That way if it's a bust they didn't waste all that development time doing their own show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    I mean, dude doesn't have a flaming skull for a head, it's only a stylised helmet (iirc)
    All the imagery of this Ghost Driver guy I can find shows a flaming head. Not a skull though; he definitely has some kind of weird mask or helmet on. But it is aflame.

Having said that, everything I can see about this character is 100% lame, and feels to me like it's completely ruining Ghost Rider. Sigh.

I've liked GR, but like others have said, him popping up on ABC feels like we'll be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

They're going with a lesser-known version of him for a reason. If he's popular, they'll do a Netflix or FX show with Johnny Blaze.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Have to wonder if this won't be the last season.
    Of course after Bobbi and Hunter got the axe it probably should be..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Of course after Bobbi and Hunter got the axe it probably should be..
    Overrated characters if you ask me, and there's way too much of fake martial arts done by people who aren't actually skilled in them, or their stunt doubles. Hence, Bobbi was a pretty pointless character to me personally. As for if the "but she was so hot" -argument, she gave me huge sister vibes constantly, thus permanently turning that part of my brain off.

Let's face it, the show's quality is pretty low compared to Marvel's other series.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Have to wonder if this won't be the last season.
    After this season AoS is no longer protected by the syndication gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Let's face it, the show's quality is pretty low compared to Marvel's other series.
    I like the show well enough. What I hate about the show is how they take a damn half a year off between November and its damn well March before they kick up again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I don't think its that's bad, though its not the same as the Netflix shows. You couldn't do the Netflix shows on ABC though, and having properties on both allows a broader audience. I think @chrth is right though, this is a way to test the waters for GR in a "safer" (ie much less expensive) way. If its well received, that paves the way for Johnny Blaze somewhere down the line (likely on Netflix).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I don't think its that's bad, though its not the same as the Netflix shows. You couldn't do the Netflix shows on ABC though, and having properties on both allows a broader audience. I think @chrth is right though, this is a way to test the waters for GR in a "safer" (ie much less expensive) way. If its well received, that paves the way for Johnny Blaze somewhere down the line (likely on Netflix).
    If we didn't have the Netflix shows, AoS would be the arguable highlight of TV superhero stuff, right now. I'd definitely say I favor it over the CW "Murderverse" stuff (Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow).

I mean, I definitely prefer the Netflix shows. But they're a different beast entirely, in many ways; they have no timeline ties to include (AoS has often tried to reflect what's going on, temporally, with cinematic releases) and they're more episodic, since the Netflix shows drop in bingeable form. And it speaks more to how excellent those shows are, in terms of writing and acting, than any real flaw in Agents of Shield.

Ghost Rider might seem an odd inclusion, given that his powers are mystical, not science-based like pretty much everything else, but that's the big shift that Marvel's introducing; they've also got Doctor Strange showing up in cinema (which I'm SUPER pumped for). If anything, Ghost Rider seems like the small-screen reflection of that, which is what AoS has always tried to do, in around doing their own "thing".

I'd prefer Johnny Blaze GR, but Reyes is probably "safer". I doubt they'll do Blaze in Netflix, though; he'd be a good fit for their style, but he's an older incarnation of the character. Particularly since the Cinematic universe (which these shows are all tied into) is its own thing; there may not have BEEN a Johnny Blaze there; this isn't Earth-616.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If we didn't have the Netflix shows, AoS would be the arguable highlight of TV superhero stuff, right now. I'd definitely say I favor it over the CW "Murderverse" stuff (Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow).
    ROFLMAO No, Powers (on PSN) is the best Superheroes show atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ROFLMAO No, Powers (on PSN) is the best Superheroes show atm.
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/opinion
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

I mean, I definitely prefer the Netflix shows. But they're a different beast entirely, in many ways; they have no timeline ties to include (AoS has often tried to reflect what's going on, temporally, with cinematic releases) and they're more episodic, since the Netflix shows drop in bingeable form. And it speaks more to how excellent those shows are, in terms of writing and acting, than any real flaw in Agents of Shield.

Ghost Rider might seem an odd inclusion, given that his powers are mystical, not science-based like pretty much everything else, but that's the big shift that Marvel's introducing; they've also got Doctor Strange showing up in cinema (which I'm SUPER pumped for). If anything, Ghost Rider seems like the small-screen reflection of that, which is what AoS has always tried to do, in around doing their own "thing".

I'd prefer Johnny Blaze GR, but Reyes is probably "safer". I doubt they'll do Blaze in Netflix, though; he'd be a good fit for their style, but he's an older incarnation of the character. Particularly since the Cinematic universe (which these shows are all tied into) is its own thing; there may not have BEEN a Johnny Blaze there; this isn't Earth-616.
    For some reason - I never read his comics as a kid so I don't know why - The Flash is my favorite non-Netflix show. But I do think AoS is better than most superhero shows out there, though I haven't seen Powers. Last season of AoS was pretty good overall, but choppy and up and down in my opinion. And you definitely couldn't do the Netflix shows on ABC or a cable network, so you're right that you can't really compare them in a lot of ways.

That's a good point about introducing the mystical side of things, and GR does have that. But it also seems kind of a waste to use someone like GR just do that in a few episodes of an AoS arc, I still think if it works out well that we'll see Johnny Blaze pop up in some way or another.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the several superhero shows have vastly varied in quality over the seasons, so saying which one's better overall is tough. Like AoS season 1 was mostly very mediocre, while back then Arrow was great. Nowadays Arrow and the Flash have gotten mediocre while AoS is a lot better (though I'd argue season 2 and the first half of season 3 were way better than the second half of season 3).

Anyway, curious to see how they'll handle Ghost Rider in AoS season 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Eh, the several superhero shows have vastly varied in quality over the seasons, so saying which one's better overall is tough. Like AoS season 1 was mostly very mediocre, while back then Arrow was great.
    To be fair, the complaints most people had about Season 1 of AoS being "mediocre" were because Skye seemed a bit too Mary-Sue, and Ward was aggressively bland.

And by the end of that season, the former had started to shift and it was clear it was mostly down to creating a bland-ish baseline to build her out from, and the latter was a deliberate foil created by Ward; there are clues all through those episodes if you go back now, but they were so subtle that they didn't come across as foreshadowing, and the "twist" hit pretty hard.

All the complaints about Ward pretty much dried up after that.