Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    That's some middle school level vindictive shit right there.
    Why do you hate Mickey Mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It wasn't always that way.

We once fought in a world war because it was the right thing to do. That sense of right and wrong carried over to domestic policies. It's only since Reagan that things began changing for the worse and what used to be thoughts for your fellow man, became "I got mine. I don't care if you got yours."
    We delayed fighting in that World War for about 5 years even though we had evidence about mass genocide of the Jews (which we didn't give a shit about) and even though our closest allies (the British) were being bombed daily and London was nearly destroyed, and the British were begging us to come help them. We came in when it was convenient for us to make a power play in world politics.

Then we fought in Korea and Vietnam, both before Reagan, to stop the spectre of communism, because we believed in idiocy like global hegemony and the domino theory. We almost started nuclear war over the Cuban Missile Crisis, thank god Kennedy won that election and not Nixon. Oh, and we also assassinated two Kennedys, and Martin Luther King, for being progressive and believing in equal rights. Let's not forget McCarthyism as domestic policy, and the race riots of the 60s and 70s.

Our policy has rarely been about the "right thing to do." Did Reagan exacerbate that? Reagan's election was the product of 4 decades of fearmongering about the threat of Communism. We elected a photogenic, not very intelligent, but came off as a strong Cowboy President, controlled by his subordinates, who were some of the most degenerate politicos ever. Reagan didn't exacerbate it, Reagan was the product of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Really? You really think that the last time a political figure gave jobs to supporters was in the Nixon administration?
    No I was thinking of political scandal by a leak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Nah, hilary is a socially progressive (as far as popular opinion) republican, corrupt, but nothing nightmarish has turned up, which is surprising considering just how much the GOP has spent trying to pull out her skeletons. Either they aint trying, or she's just a regular corrupt politician.

Trump is a hatemongering dumpster fire, an absurd narcissist. There is nothing in his history that indicates he's competent to do anything except tip everything into a nosedive and flap is face while everything burns.

If someone can explain why voting for trump makes logical sense I'll change my mind, but the arguments gotta be better than the basic one liners he uses "he's anti establishment"
    Benghazi, E-mail scandal, DNC scandal.

How apologetic are you going to fucking be? Those are just in the last 4 years. You can go all the way back to Watergate to see red flags from her. Fired from the Watergate investigation for being unethical, victim blaming a 12 year old rape victim to get a rapist off the charges, etc. SHE IS A TERRIBLE PERSON.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I dare say the last time something of this level occurred was Nixon.
    Nixon was before Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1, Reagan, Carter and Ford...

If you think none of those Presidents did the same thing, you're either living in a hole or purposely avoiding any facts that clash with your worldview.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Why do you hate Mickey Mouse?
    If Mickey Mouse were running, I'd definitely vote for him over either Shillary or The Donald.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    We delayed fighting in that World War for about 5 years even though we had evidence about mass genocide of the Jews (which we didn't give a shit about) and even though our closest allies (the British) were being bombed daily and London was nearly destroyed, and the British were begging us to come help them. We came in when it was convenient for us to make a power play in world politics.
    This is an interesting spin on the facts. We had an isolationist policy. We hadn't been attacked, but we were helping the war effort in the European theater via trade to our allies. Ships filled with war supplies that were being sunk by German u-boats.

We got into the war because we were pulled into the war. Pearl Harbor is what provoked us. We fought the Pacific theater before getting into the European theater.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Nah, hilary is a socially progressive (as far as popular opinion) republican, corrupt, but nothing nightmarish has turned up, which is surprising considering just how much the GOP has spent trying to pull out her skeletons. Either they aint trying, or she's just a regular corrupt politician.

Trump is a hatemongering dumpster fire, an absurd narcissist. There is nothing in his history that indicates he's competent to do anything except tip everything into a nosedive and flap is face while everything burns.

If someone can explain why voting for trump makes logical sense I'll change my mind, but the arguments gotta be better than the basic one liners he uses "he's anti establishment"
    Sorry, but I disagree on Hillary. Her lies about Benghazi, the rape case she defended, then laughed at the victim, the constant flip flop with jobs (the coal industry comes to mind), the gun control BS. This woman disgusts me. The worst part is, I bet she expects my vote because I'm a woman. I'm ex-military myself, and to me, the Benghazi incident is no excuse.

Here's the thing, (prime example with the coal industry) http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...out-coal-jobs/ -- Anyway, she flip flops so much, she can't even keep up with her own lies anymore. So what happens if she becomes president? I think the entire US will take a nosedive overall, starting with disarming Americans.

I don't even want to think about what happens when Trump becomes president. >.<

I just feel like no matter how America votes..... we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree on Hillary. Her lies about Benghazi, the rape case she defended, then laughed at the victim, the constant flip flop with jobs (the coal industry comes to mind), the gun control BS. This woman disgusts me. The worst part is, I bet she expects my vote because I'm a woman. I'm ex-military myself, and to me, the Benghazi incident is no excuse.

Here's the thing, (prime example with the coal industry) http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...out-coal-jobs/ -- Anyway, she flip flops so much, she can't even keep up with her own lies anymore. So what happens if she becomes president? I think the entire US will take a nosedive overall, starting with disarming Americans.

I don't even want to think about what happens when Trump becomes president. >.<

I just feel like no matter how America votes..... we lose.
    That's basically why this is happening in Philly, people are more aware of what going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    This is an interesting spin on the facts. We had an isolationist policy. We hadn't been attacked, but we were helping the war effort in the European theater via trade to our allies. Ships filled with war supplies that were being sunk by German u-boats.

We got into the war because we were pulled into the war. Pearl Harbor is what provoked us. We fought the Pacific theater before getting into the European theater.
    Try reading Citizens of London by Lynne Olson, about John Winant, Edward R. Murrow, and Averell Harriman. The parts about Winant (our ambassador to England) are especially troubling, because they're all about how well aware we were of the situation, and how reluctant we were to join in. The whole point is that the post I quoted suggested that we "used to do things for the right reasons," and our policy of isolationism, which you use as an excuse for why we didn't join in early, wasn't maintained for "the right reasons."

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    UMMM EXCUSE ME, BUT DEA HATE TRUMP!!??!!??!?!

prepare for the hand waving of a lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netscape View Post
    Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. What will this mean for the Democrats and Hillary's campaign?
    The same thing it means to literally everyone else who does this.

When Bush was in his final 2 weeks in office, he appointed over 100 people to federal positions. Over half of such were Republican donors. And nobody cared. This will just be another issue of "everyone does it, but if Clinton did it too it's a problem". No, it isn't. It's US politics. Crap like this happens all the time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...020902519.html

P.S. If you don't think businessman Trump would give such positions to people he feels he owes, you're mistaken. This is a man who has worked with the mob and has not just lobbied, but bribed politicians himself.

You mean both parties reward big donors?! Holy shit, let me guess, because it's a Democrat, it's abuse of power!!111!

Like this isn't news at all if you're not naive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a "scandal".
    You're right. it was neglecting to do her job. The scandal is the lies after the fact.

Cleared of any criminal wrongdoing.
    Except people had been indicted for this exact kind of mishandling of information previously. HRC supporters simply have an apologetic view of it because it's HRC.

That's not even her.
    She was simply able to keep her name out of this one...

Defense attorney doing her job.
    Nice to see that victim shaming can be a job. She had a chance to not take that case. She should have let it pass to the next public defender.

Seriously, there are actually much WORSE things you guys could be attacking her for, but you don't because they're not the juicy, headline-making shit that the GOP throws at you and tells you to get mad about.
    Yeah like helping create Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and NAFTA... You're not really helping your case here bro...

Except people had been indicted for this exact kind of mishandling of information previously. HRC supporters simply have an apologetic view of it because it's HRC.
    Except the FBI couldn't find a single case of people being indicted under the same or similar circumstances.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're right. it was neglecting to do her job. The scandal is the lies after the fact.

She was simply able to keep her name out of this one...

Nice to see that victim shaming can be a job. She had a chance to not take that case. She should have let it pass to the next public defender.

Yeah like helping create Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and NAFTA... You're not really helping your case here bro...
    Why do you hate the 6th amendment? Why is it that people like you can only see one amendment to the constitution?
    and being as one of your arguments is literally "it's the kind of thing that she does, even if she has nothing to do with it" , there's really not much to say here.

NAFTA was passed by a republican congress BTW.
    Wiki:
    "After much consideration and emotional discussion, the House of Representatives passed the North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act on November 17, 1993, 234-200. The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. The bill passed the Senate on November 20, 1993, 61-38.[6] Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats"

But sure, blame it only on clinton and the democrats, whatever.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2016-07-25 at 07:14 PM.

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. What will this mean for the Democrats and Hillary's campaign?
    This is like #7 in the pecking order of Hillary scandals that are in the news just TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    UMMM EXCUSE ME, BUT DEA HATE TRUMP!!??!!??!?!

prepare for the hand waving of a lifetime.
    The DNC could run over little old ladies on live television and I would still vote for them over Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You mean both parties reward big donors?! Holy shit, let me guess, because it's a Democrat, it's abuse of power!!111!

Like this isn't news at all if you're not naive.
    Because it happens all the time, it should be tolerated?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The DNC could run over little old ladies on live television and I would still vote for them over Trump.
    That's because you're a partisan, nothing to be proud of that's for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaked DNC Documents Show Plans To Reward Big Donors With Federal Appointments:
    Unbelievable? No, that is business as usual for US politics. See my sig.