Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How long till Worgen Warrior is nerfed?

Anyone come across the new OTK warrior deck with Worgen, charge etc combo? The only real defence to this deck is a lot of taunt! I have played the deck, it is a very easy deck to play with, requires a basic understanding of how cards work, but nothing complex. Patron Warrior required a lot more skill than this deck.

Hand containing win condition:

And victory:

With armour gaining cards as well as plenty of card draw, the chances of losing before the cards are in hand are slim, I had a game where I drew my whole deck (charge was the last card) while opponent had ~15 cards left.

At best, I am an average player.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, but wow you won at rank 14 with a gimmick deck. Decks like this have existed for a long time, and they have the potential to be cute, but that's about it.

I'm sorry I offended you some how, I don't usually bother ranking up, but I would suggest looking up decks before make a silly comment.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/58704...o-warrior-top1

There's someone who reached a much higher rank with the deck.

Also, it wasn't just the one win with this deck, I have played 8 and won 8, for me, that's rare so either there's something about the combo or I am suddenly a good player. I'm a casual player, so, I probably haven't gotten much better. Anyway, thanks for playing.

The deck is hard countered by Freeze mage, and Cthun Warrior and Cthun Druid if they don't get totally screwed on their curve. Mid Range Hunter also wrecks it. There is nothing wrong with the deck.

This isn't really a new deck at all. It might of become stronger with recent cards, but it's been around for a while now, since Charge+Raging Worgen+Faceless Manipulator+Inner Rage were all Vanilla cards. Heck, I remember trying to screw around with it back near Naxx.

Sure, it can win well, but it's still heavily reliant on drawing the right cards, moreso than most decks.
    I don't see anything wrong with it honestly.

Run taunts and you win.

Its a popular deck now because Nevillz hit rank 1 with it, but it lacks consistency and is easy to counter once people know its coming.

Opponent is playing Priest. Priest is not favored against OTK and combo decks.

About july 2017 when emperor leaves standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Opponent is playing Priest. Priest is not favored against OTK and combo decks.
    Person playing priest misclicked the wrong class then.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    About july 2017 when emperor leaves standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Person playing priest misclicked the wrong class then.
    Definitely did. Priest is the worst class in Standard.

It does well versus a lot of meta decks - and with powerful sticky taunt minions falling out of the meta, it's no surprise this deck returned. This deck was a thing before naxx. New cards coming in and Sludge Belcher falling out brought this deck back to popularity.

It doesn't have a good match-up versus C'thun decks, though. Or any deck that has powerful taunts, really.

Won't emperor be removed when next adventure hits so like.... Next week probably?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Won't emperor be removed when next adventure hits so like.... Next week probably?
    No, not until the first 2017 set/adventure releases. Standard is Classic set and the last 2 years of releases, both adventures and expansion sets.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    No, not until the first 2017 set/adventure releases. Standard is Classic set and the last 2 years of releases, both adventures and expansion sets.
    Yeah, it's with the "Year of the X" changes, not the actual date of release.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When we release the first new Expansion each year, every set that wasn’t released in the same year or the year prior will cycle out and no longer be part of the Standard format.
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...-play-2-2-2016

Thing is, patron warrior was harder to play, yet was nerfed, hard! There wasn't anything wrong with that deck other than it was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandine View Post
    Thing is, patron warrior was harder to play, yet was nerfed, hard! There wasn't anything wrong with that deck other than it was annoying.
    If it would be that good, everyone would play it. Actually its always very easy to detect which decks are the easiest to play while having succes. Just watch what you meet over and over in the meta. Besides that, there is nothing new in this deck. I played the deck already 1.5 years ago for warrior quests because didnt have any fancy warrior control cards.

Deleted
    It completely invalidated 5 of out 9 classes. It had positive win ratios against the remaining 3. It was considered so broken that it infested the ladder more than miracle rogue ever did.

For whats it worth it wasn't even that hard to play. Worgen Warrior isn't going to be nerfed because it just doesn't have a considerably strong win rate on ladder atm.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure I played this deck in November 2013.

LOL I was going to say that this deck been around forever. It's a one trick pony that wins occasionally. Nothing wrong with it. It's a for fun deck. You can take any deck to legend with enough time and determination. It doesn't need nerfed.

It only relied on two cards though. Warsong+grim patron, maybe the extra commanding shout for better effect. It could also clear a board without much trade-off in that case. Lastly the nerf was said to be because the card limited warrior and neutral minions going forward.

This needs 3+

15+ Year Old Account
    A true OTK with this deck requires an absurd amount of cards in hand, as well as usually requiring a Thaurissan tick on at leasg a few of them.

Because the deck relies on cycling through as fast as possible with draw to collect the combo pieces, it puts almost no pressure on the opponent till then. Thus, once you recognise it as an OTK deck, the name of the game is to go face as hard as possible while holding back a taunt for a turn after 10 when Thaurissan is played.

Mage with Ice Block laughs at it. C'thun decks laugh at it. Any warrior deck laughs at it, as you can build enough armour to weather the hits.

Thus, the deck is fine and doesn't need nerfs.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)