Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard Please give us the option to use old animations and sounds

the devs did such a good job in WoD of making sure people had options if they didn't like the new models, or wanted to change their character's features etc. Taking away a great deal of this flexibility in Legion really sucks, and I can't imagine it's the most time-consuming effort in the world to swap out the fancy new attack animations for the old default weapon swings, and running animations since that was the stated reason for updating the old models with the new skeletons.

It may not be a big deal to players who have only been playing a couple of years because they dont notice it, and quite a few ppl actually like the new models, but there is quite a few of us who much prefer the feeling of playing a character as we made him, many years ago, we never asked blizzard to change it. there is literally no way to return our characters to how they where before patch 7.0

And dont even say they removed the old animations from the game, the noggenfogger still uses the original vanilla attack and movement animations of an undead so i am forced to use it until they add it.

I cannot stand to play the game when my character runs about like a cartoon character going on a merry stroll, every singe race has this issue and they have ruined most of the casting animations, its fine updating the models but completley changing the way my character looks, moves, casts, and acts without any way to return it to its orignal form is unaccaptable.

it cant be that much work. Please Blizzard, add the feature to retain the old animations. A lot of people are upset by this change. A change which I believe to be completely unnecessary.

there is multiple threads on the offical wow forums about it but no response from blizzard, as usual.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...1973561?page=1

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17612881288

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747265250
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-07-27 at 07:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    ok so quit... if you want a forever evolving and growing game, to not forever grow and evolve... maybe its not for you?

play something like morrowind for all of eternity... the game is constantly changing and growing, stuff needs to change or else it becomes outdated and horrid looking...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

If you are really serious about this, go to the WoW forums with it. Otherwise it just looks like complaining if your posting it here and trying to address it to Blizzard.

I agree with what Felplague said. The game is always growing and evolving, if you dont like playing a game that improves, grows and evolves then maybe you need to quit and play a game thats outdated and stays the same forever like GW1. If WoW never grew or adapted or improved, nobody would play it, it would be outdated, shitty, etc.

Deleted
    So quit retail and play pirate servers... Complain about game not changing and when it change complain about it changes, GJ.

I've played since a week after launch and I love the new models, animations and sounds. Not everyone is afraid of or opposed to change.

7+ Year Old Account
    you can still use mods to get back to your old animations and sounds

"I like the animations, so no option is needed" do you morons listen to yourselves?

I don't personally have a problem with the new animations for the most part (some are very bad like Fists of Fury for Survival, but I can live with it), but why support Blizzard's movement to reduce options?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    Haven't mods that alter animations been banned for many years?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-25 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    no you cant

God I wish they gave Shadow Priests the same treatment they did with Warriors, the effects and animations are awesome, much more fluid albeit a little flash. But this is a video game so there's no harm in that at all!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok so quit... if you want a forever evolving and growing game, to not forever grow and evolve... maybe its not for you?

play something like morrowind for all of eternity... the game is constantly changing and growing, stuff needs to change or else it becomes outdated and horrid looking...
    changing Models Animation isnt evolving... its changing something People were used to and liked it. having the Option to use it or not was awesome. Now Blizzard took that away and you are left with some shitty moving Models

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    God I wish they gave Shadow Priests the same treatment they did with Warriors, the effects and animations are awesome, much more fluid albeit a little flash. But this is a video game so there's no harm in that at all!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxVOVBZR-bk
    out of date now, but yeah.. .the animations are awesome... idk what your talking about..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    changing Models Animation isnt evolving... its changing something People were used to and liked it. having the Option to use it or not was awesome. Now Blizzard took that away and you are left with some shitty moving Models
    yes it is... imagine halo if it still used the halo 1 models, pokemon if it was still black and white blobs who used the same 4 cries but pitch shifted, and the same 8 icon types, and limited inventory screen, think of starcraft 2 if it still had warcraft ones horrid QoL like only being able to select a few troops at once, and no group saving...the issue is why should they spend a ton more time, working these animations and effects to work with the old models and skeletons, just for those few
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-25 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The blood elf females are no longer. They are slightly more petite human females with the blood elf head on them.

Not better, not evolving. It's blizz being cheap and not treating them like the unique design they are.

Go play on private server if you want to stick with models and animations made 12 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    "I like the animations, so no option is needed" do you morons listen to yourselves?

I don't personally have a problem with the new animations for the most part (some are very bad like Fists of Fury for Survival, but I can live with it), but why support Blizzard's movement to reduce options?

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't mods that alter animations been banned for many years?

Infracted
    Why do we need those options? The game is growing and evolving, get used to change or play a game that doesnt change at all. They dont need to have an option for EVERY single thing in the game, especially when it comes to this. Adapt to the change, or as many suggested play a game that doesnt change at all. Easy as that.

Blizzard removing options like the camera distance thing I disagree with, but them changing the game and allowing it to grow rather than remain a 12 year old game is something I support and that includes not having old 12 year old models running around when theres new and really good ones out, same with animations and abilities. No reason to be afraid of change.

Been playing since classic and I absolutely love the changes made to sounds and animations. They were much needed. Before, as a warrior I had literaly no hit feedback whatsoever. I felt like I stood there fighting the air. It feels so much better now, no matter on what character I log. You're free to have your opinion but don't go "only people that didn't play that long blah". Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    They already said they are working on caster animations. They said it may be released in a patch during Legion or at a later time.

Don't get me wrong. Part of me does miss the old animations and sound effects as well. However, I do love what they have been doing with the game too. The new animations and sounds were much needed to keep up with the tech other games have now. I mean really, who would play a game with a 2007 game engine feel? It may not bother WoW vets but blizzard would attract no new customers.

I want to say that even if you posted on the forums of "giving this option" I just cannot see that happening. They may have already trashed the files. I mean, if blizzard talks about how hard it would be to revive a vanilla feel. I would imagine bringing back old sounds and animations would be just as time consuming.

Can i haz your golds?

NO
    we live in 2016 u know?

If Everquest can do it, so can blizzard.

To those saying no, this doesn't affect you so get off your high horse.