Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok, that trailer was cool. I'll see that.

1, The Wonder Woman theme song is the best theme song of any superhero.
    2, She was the only decent thing in Batman v Superman.
    3, The trailer for the WW movie looked pretty good. I like that era, and I want to see an origin story for her. (I'm secretly hoping for a WW DLC tie-in for Battlefield 1)
    4, I understand those who would like a more...physical...Wonder Woman, and I have to agree that while I think her face, voice and even accent fits Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot seems a bit...small...for the role.

But overall I'm genuinely excited about the WW movie. WW and Suicide Squad.

Now Justice League on the other hand...I'm a bit...meh, about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    4, I understand those who would like a more...physical...Wonder Woman, and I have to agree that while I think her face, voice and even accent fits Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot seems a bit...small...for the role.
    I mean, I can understand that she's no comic-book-figure, but on the other hand she compares well with old greek depictions like Athena or whatnot. Maybe she should be taller, but not a big deal for me. Her power is magical rather than solar muscles or ninja-training or whatever the hell makes Aquaman big. (Sure, lots of pressure in the depths, but I'm figuring he plays with whales or something.)

It's like the sword in the dress. Makes no sense on a realistic level, but I loved it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I guess she isn't bulletproof.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

The only thing I can think of is that maybe she doesn't want to find out. I imagine the first time Superman flying into space, probably thinking "oh fuck, can I hold my breath or what the fuck happens?!" before he tries it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that maybe she doesn't want to find out. I imagine the first time Superman flying into space, probably thinking "oh fuck, can I hold my breath or what the fuck happens?!" before he tries it.
    or she will retain her vulnerability to bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    She has "durability" How far that goes, I don't know, and maybe she isn't willing to test it.
    Seems to me like that should be the first thing you test, as soon as you come across bullets and start fighting a bunch of people shooting them at you.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    The memes have started already... Here's an SJW one:

Rofl this actually cracked me up way more than it should.

Seriously though, I hope this movie keeps the man-hating to a reasonable level and they actually try make a good movie not another cash grab feminazi like ghostbusters

Hmf...they're going away from the bracelets and adopting a more practical shield.

I guess we won't get "bullets and bracelets" being chanted in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    It looked pretty cool up until she climbed up the ladder and out of the trenches during the scene depicting WW1, then it got super cringe worthy.

Is Wonder Woman impervious to bullets and explosions?

If she is, why the need for the shield?

If she isn't, I don't fucking care who you are or what shield you are holding, you are not going to charge an entrenched line of soldiers in WW1 and still be alive after a few steps.
    Captain America could do similar things in WW2, why can't wonder woman? Maybe if she was wonder man you would be more believing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Captain America could do similar things in WW2, why can't wonder woman? Maybe if she was wonder man you would be more believing.
    He doesn't do the same, though. He fights small numbers at once and usually magically appears out of frame right next to his enemy, or has opponents who rush at him to fight him in CQC even though they have guns, not making famously suicidal charges into WW1 trenches. Also his magical physics-defying shield lets him quickly and easily disarm the few enemies who aren't dumb enough to try to beat him to death with their gun instead of shoot at him.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

It looked pretty cool up until she climbed up the ladder and out of the trenches during the scene depicting WW1, then it got super cringe worthy.

If she isn't, I don't fucking care who you are or what shield you are holding, you are not going to charge an entrenched line of soldiers in WW1 and still be alive after a few steps.
    Wonder Woman is a bit more off the scale that Captain America in almost every physical category.
    Hypothetically, she could have taken Normandy Beach (in WWII) singlehandedly by simply moving faster than they could see her. Or simply throwing armaments, small ships etc, at every gun placement.

So yeah, charging entrenched soldiers isn't likely to be much of a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

When Perez wrote Wonder Woman (which is considered the 'classic' WW run), Wonder Woman was actually easily wounded by piercing. As in blows or weapons that pierced her skin functioned as though she was just a person. But you could like drop a wrecking ball on her and she would laugh it off.

They changed that a bit over the years to the point where Azerello's run barely mentions it I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    When Perez wrote Wonder Woman (which is considered the 'classic' WW run), Wonder Woman was actually easily wounded by piercing. As in blows or weapons that pierced her skin functioned as though she was just a person. But you could like drop a wrecking ball on her and she would laugh it off.

They changed that a bit over the years to the point where Azerello's run barely mentions it I believe.
    I know that. I'm just pointing out that she isn't bulletproof.

Nearly so. Her superhuman durabilitry is almost that of Superman historically and currently. Wonder Woman is actually a demi-god- the daughter of Zeus.

She can be hurt and is hurt. Traditionally piercing broke Wonder Woman's skin because she was made of clay when her mother wished for a daughter and Zeus gave her life. A curse placed on WW from Hera out of jealousy was responsible for this weakness.

But she is SUPER TOUGH regardless with no actual weakness other than being hurt occasionally. Wonder Woman is slightly OP- she is just not in a lot of other media besides the comics for people in general to be familiar with the degree to which Wonder Woman is off the fucking charts.

Wonder Woman once lifted a 1/4th of all reality.

She is lowkey immortal in the comics. Not sure if the movies will show a Wonder Woman at the power level she has been at in the comics- I doubt it, even movie Superman is not even 1% of his actual comic power level; but in any case Woman Woman is really, really, really powerful. Her only rival is Superman himself.

Deleted
    I really like the actress. She has a very unique look to her.

The movie itself gives me kinda a Captain America feeling though. You know, the first one in WW2 (even though this was a war before that).

Now that was a good looking trailer.

So who's the bad guy in this movie? I hope it's not just regular people.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    So who's the bad guy in this movie? I hope it's not just regular people.
    After BVS don't expect a big bad reveal in a trailer again from DC.

But if I had to bet, I'd say the main bad is gonna be Ares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This is the brief description of the movie:

"Diana, princess of the Amazons, was raised on a sheltered island and trained to be an unconquerable fighter. After an American pilot, Steve Trevor, crashes on the island and tells her about a world war that is happening, Diana leaves her home to try to stop the war."

It may very well not be one particular villain.
    Ares is a war mongerer, so he might be lurking in the shadows feeding on the war.