Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Michael Jordan donates $1 mil to Police+Community Org, gets called an Uncle Tom

http://louderwithcrowder.com/michael...-1-mil-police/

“As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have been deeply troubled by the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of law enforcement and angered by the cowardly and hateful targeting and killing of police officers,” Jordan writes in a one-page letter released exclusively to The Undefeated. “I grieve with the families who have lost loved ones, as I know their pain all too well.”

He used the letter to also announce grants of $1 million each to two organizations working to build trust between law enforcement and the communities in which they work: the Institute for Community-Police Relations, which was launched in May by the International Association of Chiefs of Police, and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, which was established in 1940 to work through the legal system to push for civil rights. It became a separate organization from the NAACP in 1957.
    Take a wild guess who called him an Uncle tom?

If you guessed BLM, you were correct!

@BlackGirlsMatter
    Fuck Michael Jordan Uncle Tom ass bitch instead of helping black communities and areas you invest money into prisons that nigga ain't shit
    @DswINKDSWINK
    Michael Jordan "saddened" about black people being killed but he's ANGERED by the HATEFUL and SENSELESS killings of cops. Yep, Uncle Tom.
    @Cointel-Bro
    No1 was waiting on #MichaelJordan 2 speak out for black ppl or #BlackLivesMatter issues. We know he only speaks when it affects his money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone really care what BLM says anymore?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    They get a lot of press though, so IMO the media keeps them relevant.

That's terrible, is he OK?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't we already established that the extremists ends of organizations/movements are universally awful?

Proof that BLM is a piece of shit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Haven't we already established that the extremists ends of organizations/movements are universally awful?
    There are still people that don't think BLM is a terrible group so it's important to continue to expose their terrible behavior.

NOPE

/10chars

I approve of the counter messages. Only because they showcase the garbage the movement enables.

I also love it when idiots call people Uncle Tom. Like a rainbow cresting the sky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    There are still people that don't think BLM is a terrible group so it's important to continue to expose their terrible behavior.
    The problem is that BLM isn't a universal group -- just like the GOP isn't or the Dems aren't.

There are variations in that. Some BLM supporters have denounced the violence and want to see more dialogue between policy and communities to combat the issue of police interactions with minorities.

Some BLM supporters want as many dead cops as possible.

So no, I don't think BLM is a terrible group in its entirety -- I think there are significant problems with some of the membership in that group that really needs to be addressed, but the entire movement isn't rotten throughout.

The uncle tom really pisses me off, it's such a racist term and should not be tolerated. Every time you see a successful black guy, you have ignorant people calling him uncle tom to put him down.

2 people out of millions called him an Uncle Tom on the internet. Oh shitttttt BLM is gone to the dogs!

I wish I could say 'no', but I know too well there are people that still not only care for what they say, but also take their words as gospel. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no some Tumblrinas with Twitter accounts called poor old MJ an uncle tom... how ever will he survive! Where's that gif of the dude crying and wiping away his tears with wads of cash

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The problem is that BLM isn't a universal group -- just like the GOP isn't or the Dems aren't.

There are variations in that. Some BLM supporters have denounced the violence and want to see more dialogue between policy and communities to combat the issue of police interactions with minorities.

Some BLM supporters want as many dead cops as possible.

So no, I don't think BLM is a terrible group in its entirety -- I think there are significant problems with some of the membership in that group that really needs to be addressed, but the entire movement isn't rotten throughout.
    Ah yes, the classic #NotAll____ argument. I'm quite sure there are good people in the BLM movement, there obviously are, but this idea because there are good people in a movement that somehow invalidates the mass amounts of shitty people there are in BLM is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    2 people out of millions called him an Uncle Tom on the internet. Oh shitttttt BLM is gone to the dogs!
    I pulled 3 tweets out of thousands, just because I only gave you 2 directly calling him an uncle tom doesn't mean there aren't more out there.

A lot of black people have a strong dislike of Jordan because he invests a lot of money in for-profit prisons which usually house a disproportionate percentage of black non-violent offenders and the system in these prisons no longer focus on rehabilitation, but push for recidivism to up their profit. And as an investor, he benefits from this exploitation of the black population. Also his shoes are mostly purchased by African Americans yet he does little to nothing to put any of that money into helping these communities. Black society sees him as someone whom they supported and mostly continue to support who has been exploiting them financially for decades. Not saying I agree or disagree, but that's how much of black society feels regarding him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    A lot of black people have a strong dislike of Jordan because he invests a lot of money in for-profit prisons which usually house a disproportionate percentage of black non-violent offenders and the system in these prisons no longer focus on rehabilitation, but push for recidivism to up their profit. And as an investor, he benefits from this exploitation of the black population. Also his shoes are mostly purchased by African Americans yet he does little to nothing to put any of that money into helping these communities. Black society sees him as someone whom they supported and mostly continue to support who has been exploiting them financially for decades. Not saying I agree or disagree, but that's how much of black society feels regarding him.
    The black community freely chooses to buy his shoes. No one is forcing them to buy his shoes and there are much cheaper alternatives, yet they still continue to purchase them. That's their own fault

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That is what happens when your entire symbolism can be coopted by anyone who bothers to use a hashtag on twitter.
    Heil Trump! #GOP

Obviously Trump is a nazi now right? Oh wait, that's stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish BLM stop they making us black folks look bad and we got enough baggage as it but damn that's just wrong. Mike did something positive so fuck what they think.