Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    IDK; my experiences in AV so far have been long, boring turtles that the Horde more often than not loses. I'm often the only one bothering to do turnins and nobody protects the NPCs that summon the big, awesome shit that made AV feel big and awesome. And when I'm trying to farm Marks of Honor, the fact that it takes so long makes it an active deterrent from queueing up for it on my Horde characters as it takes easily twice as long as the other BGs do, making it an overall loss when I'm farming marks.

When I just want to PvP, though, it's not a terrible choice. I just wish every fight didn't inevitably turn into the Alliance turtling at the bridge.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

It absolutely should award more than 1 mark, but it is super fun... Should last a bit longer, with things like summoning the giants or completing the commanders giving a mark and a bronze/silver chest (like ashran)...
    Too bad this will all go away when Legion hits

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Maybe they could add in another HK achievement. How many years has it been since we got the 250k one? 5? Its Hks at this point are worthless. I've no idea why they won't add another one. Makes bgs like AV and IoC a complete waste of time.
    I play for fun, not rewards. Isn't that the point of pvp - fun/competition? So many people here complaining about the marks or lack of incentive
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Loving it so far, feels like a real battle again.

Is it any fun for Horde? EU Magtheredon, everytime I have been in AV, it has been a disaster.

Deleted
    Because of the time, you should be given 2-3 marks. On that matter, you should also be given a mark for staying all that time even for loosing. Another trick is that you can more or less see who won after 15 minutes, and leave, take the penalty of desertion, and find a new BG before the first round of AV has ended.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happens every expansion. Unfortunately the 110 Version will use the NPCs in the 100-109 Version and not have stronger NPC's I assume, which is unfortunate. Would love to see AV be more like this all the time, but obviously the reward has to match the time taken.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    that is awesome gotta check that out. Still nothing beats my experience of spending 6 hours in 1 AV back in vanilla. But I wil give this a look as AV is still my favorite BG it's a shame Blizzard messed it up
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Reading this thread it is evident we need to spoon feed people rewards instead of expecting people to just do things for fun, in a game, because they enjoy it.

I can see their point to a certain extent so I would not be against giving people 1 mark of honor for every 15 minutes spent in AV, and a box depending on your position every 30 minutes (if you're winning, you get a box).

I cannot state how much I dislike rewarding losers. They are the people with the "let them win" or "lose fast" mentality that should not be rewarded and instead encouraged to try harder next time. AV is the perfect place for that because you can do so many things to change the tide of the battle.

Deleted
    I get it that people want more rewards if it takes longer. A solution would be to take it out of random bg pool, or add one slot to veto it.

Then all they need to do is watch if people still que for AV if it is "enough" leave it with stronger npcs, if not i guess it's back to facerolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I play for fun, not rewards. Isn't that the point of pvp - fun/competition? So many people here complaining about the marks or lack of incentive
    accumulation of more is one of the biggest incentives in gaming and in the world as a whole. Some people find accumulating more (gold, HKs, mounts, whatever) fun , and theres a metric shit ton of them.

But here i am explaining to a conscious human being that fun is subjective

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    We have enough battlegrounds that are over in 10 minutes. This AV is fun, engaging and offers tons of potential for strategy. Much better than the garbage that was 'ride past each other and kill a weak boss at the end'...

Seeing the Horde fight again in AV is good.
    Subjective opinion on what makes it fun.
    While I agree having all the mechanics and content be near useless isn't fun in my opinion, the difficulty is getting the balance between the two right,
    The old version lasting days isn't appealing to me, especially given the now changed reward scheme.

The problem now is the lack of granularity of the reward.
    Honor points while hugely flawed in how they we awarded, at least in small increments had the opportunity to be awarded for varying participation beyond just a win.

What I think there should have been is perhaps a very minimal reward from a loss, with an increasing amount for objective completion towards a win and then more for an actual win.
    With costs obviously increased appropriately.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-25 at 07:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I finally got into an AV through random yesterday and all we did was keep backcapping then sitting around until the game abruptly ended due to time or something. Alt+tabbed a ton.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    accumulation of more is one of the biggest incentives in gaming and in the world as a whole. Some people find accumulating more (gold, HKs, mounts, whatever) fun , and theres a metric shit ton of them.

But here i am explaining to a conscious human being that fun is subjective
    I am fully aware that fun is subjective. It's just my opinion that collecting currency isn't fun or a reason for me to PvP. Are we not here to discuss and debate? 90% of the topics here are all subjective, it gets rather redundant to bring it up every time someone has a differing opinion.

People have every right to enjoy the game for the reasons they enjoy it - as I have every right to scratch my head and wonder at the motivation for some people that play PvP only to collect shit.

I shouldn't have to begin every post with "In my opinion..." obviously this is all subjective and has no factual basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I am fully aware that fun is subjective. It's just my opinion that collecting currency isn't fun or a reason for me to PvP. Are we not here to discuss and debate? 90% of the topics here are all subjective, it gets rather redundant to bring it up every time someone has a differing opinion.

People have every right to enjoy the game for the reasons they enjoy it - as I have every right to scratch my head and wonder at the motivation for some people that play PvP only to collect shit.

I shouldn't have to begin every post with "In my opinion..." obviously this is all subjective and has no factual basis.
    So you're just saying redundant shit for no reason then?~

"i play for fun, not rewards" is as redundant as it gets. Its like saying "i chose blue, not red, blue is better, right?", then getting uppity when people point out how redundant that is. there already is blue (PVP/fun) I simply said there should be more red (reward/incentive/progress). The two aren't mutually exclusive. MMOs that don't have progress end up like GW2 or patch 6.2. Sitting in town, accumulating gold because theres literally nothing else to do that progresses your character.

And besides, if being rewarded isn't fun, idk wtf is.

and besides 2, if you don't want things to be explained to you, don't end your posts with ' '

Last edited by Sliske; 2016-07-25 at 07:45 PM.

AV is for having FUN, not for farming marks.

If you want marks play one of the trash BGs that last 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop asking redundant questions like "why can't people just play the game for fun?" then.

You ask redundant questions, I point out they are redundant and why, then you go on a little rant

what
    Damn, life must be rough for you. Why you so edgy? Need a hug?

I didn't rant... I wouldn't call a couple short paragraphs a rant.

10+ Year Old Account
    AV is and always will be one of the best BG's. I'm glad its fun again!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    I get it that people want more rewards if it takes longer. A solution would be to take it out of random bg pool, or add one slot to veto it.

Then all they need to do is watch if people still que for AV if it is "enough" leave it with stronger npcs, if not i guess it's back to facerolling.
    I don't think they need to do either. Blacklisting is a thing that exists so if people want to avoid the longer BG they can do that, but as said if people absolutely need a reward then 1 AV = 2/3/4 other BG rewards (depending on length).

Deleted
    Its back to how it was in vanilla, random skirmishes allover the place and instead of ppl rushing for objectives theres random skirmishes and big battles going on all over the place, and to think the only thing that cause it was them to up the level and damage of the npcs

I hope they dont ruin it when legion comes out and keep the mobs the same level because at level 110 we will destroy the mobs, they need to make the mobs strong all through the expansion, and maybe increase the amount of tickets eatch faction has so that we can once again summon the big npcs ect, it makes for a proper epic battle

AV has and always will be one of the best battlegrounds in the game.