Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

How did Sylvanas do it?

I don't read the books or anything like that... strictly play WoW. But at the end of MoP, there was a cinematic that explained Vol'Jin becoming Warchief. There was nothing that explain Sylvanas becoming Warchief... just poof shes there.

Also, I am confused because lets face it, Orcs would NEVER follow an undead. I see a civil war between the Horde coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She listened to shia and JUST did it.

Quote Originally Posted by CParker1987 View Post
    I don't read the books or anything like that... strictly play WoW. But at the end of MoP, there was a cinematic that explained Vol'Jin becoming Warchief. There was nothing that explain Sylvanas becoming Warchief... just poof shes there.

Also, I am confused because lets face it, Orcs would NEVER follow an undead. I see a civil war between the Horde coming.
    She pretty much saves the horde troops on the broken shore and as a consequence vol'jin names her warchief, before dying

in times of war, it's not possible to hold an election and ask what everyone thinks, she is a commander and a strategist, she is the commander the horde and azeroth needs (and deserve).
    Be feared, or be fuel

Its not perfectly clear,we are missing a cutscene/cinematic right after the Broken shore event that will probably answer your question.

Lore wise she's not warchief until after the broken shore, where a cutscene covers it.

Vol'Jin gives her the title of Warchief after the Broken Shore

7+ Year Old Account
    well shit... just spoiled it for myself... lol

thanks for the answer tho yall

- - - Updated - - -

still see a civil war coming cause Orcs would never follow an Undead. On the other hand, I never saw Orcs following a Troll but they didn't have to for long I guess but Id rather take a Troll over an Undead. They are as dishonorable in death as they were in life

7+ Year Old Account
    well why ask the question if you dont want it spoiled <_<

but yeah its simply, she saves the horde by retreating, leaving the alliance to die, ad for saving her people she is given lead as she is the best for the spot
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by CParker1987 View Post
    well shit... just spoiled it for myself... lol

thanks for the answer tho yall

- - - Updated - - -

still see a civil war coming cause Orcs would never follow an Undead. On the other hand, I never saw Orcs following a Troll but they didn't have to for long I guess but Id rather take a Troll over an Undead. They are as dishonorable in death as they were in life
    Sylvanas literally died defending the Sunwell along with all her troops. What dishonor?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    Sylvanas literally died defending the Sunwell along with all her troops. What dishonor?
    Literally a joke... hence the winky face. calm down there high speed. Seriously tho... Orcs have always had issues with someone leading the horde and them not be an Orc. I really don't care since im a panda... im just gonna sit back, eat some popcorn and watch the show if it happens

there's not going to be another horde civil war so soon. one just happened in mists.

but i HATE the fact that she's warchief, it's fucking stupid. it's nothing but their hardon for the stupid bitch, and it's annoying as hell. she's nothing but a tryhard tuffgurl character that's written to be overly rude and annoying for no goddamned reason other than "rawr, imma gurl, am tuff! x3"

this is the worst thing in legion for me. either get the balls to make the forsaken the evil third faction you're writing them as, or quit being edgy and "cool" when you write them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    "rawr, imma gurl, am tuff! x3"
    Maybe the change of faction leaders (sylvanas and anduin) is blizzard way to target girls & childrens audience
    C'était mieux demain !

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    but i HATE the fact that she's warchief, it's fucking stupid. it's nothing but their hardon for the stupid bitch, and it's annoying as hell. she's nothing but a tryhard tuffgurl character that's written to be overly rude and annoying for no goddamned reason other than "rawr, imma gurl, am tuff! x3"
    you know that undead show barely positive emotion and are rude by nature right?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    not all of the forsaken are like that. some are downright cheery, and the ones in the crusade are quite pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    in times of war, it's not possible to hold an election and ask what everyone thinks, she is a commander and a strategist, she is the commander the horde and azeroth needs (and deserve).
    Username is relevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    The fact of being undead does change one's outlook on life, but it is a lore fact that there are all sorts of personalities among the Forsaken, just the same -- and not all Forsaken are pricks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    She listened to shia and JUST did it.
    you are my mentor in this forums
    Maser Arrashi
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She pretty much saves the horde troops on the broken shore and as a consequence vol'jin names her warchief, before dying
    What a traitor, Garrosh would roll in his grave if he realized they let that bitch take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What a traitor, Garrosh would roll in his grave if he realized they let that bitch take his place.
    Considering that The Horde Rebelled against Garrosh as Warchief...I don't think anyone really gives two shits or a fuck about what his opinion would be on the matter.