Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt-Toast View Post
    Trash drops are BoE and drop as personal loot, what they choose to do with their loot is their choice. You are literally complaining about something that is like the new personal loot system. They owed you nothing, nor was it 'ninja' looting.

Lets put it this way, hypothetically you get a BoE drop of Heroic Warforged Jungle Assassin's Footpads. Does the raid get to /roll you for your boots, or would you keep them for yourself as the item was your drop?
    Did you even read the text you quoted? He was complaining about the BoE drama in HM/BRF.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Did you even read the text you quoted? He was complaining about the BoE drama in HM/BRF.
    Ahh, I did indeed misread that, thank you for that.

Personally I only helped people I knew with raid fill ins for HM/BRF, so I never knew the drama, but I don't exactly raid for loot, or went in expecting to get loot. Though to be fair UberpwN's sweeping generalisation of everyone whom likes ML is lacking in a fair base (sic)"People defending ML were never ninjad or they were stealing loot by their own."(sic) So either people got ninja'd, or are blatant thieves. This is more where my issue arose with his statement.

All in all, PL will be great for some, but locking out people who do enjoy ML is somewhat painful. Blizzard needs to find a line between the issue, as their previous stance of reporting loot issues has been dismissive at best. (GM's saying they can't or won't take action.) I don't see why it is not possible to go into a ML group, but be able to toggle a drop down menu to receive personal loot only. This should be well within Blizzards reach. I guess only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    One of the rarest things in all of existence.
    For Master Looter to even work in the first place, you need to trust the Master Looter.
    Yep, you need to trust ONE person. But without Master Loot the guy who started the group need to trust 39 people not to roll on the item he wanted to be reserved. The result will be less guys starting a pug raid in the first place.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Yep, you need to trust ONE person. But without Master Loot the guy who started the group need to trust 39 people not to roll on the item he wanted to be reserved. The result will be less guys starting a pug raid in the first place.
    Greed is a sin. Make the group without reserving anything. Respect others. Their time is as valuable as yours. You are not special and the effort you put does not make you special.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Greed is a sin. Make the group without reserving anything. Respect others. Their time is as valuable as yours. You are not special and the effort you put does not make you special.
    They can make their own group then. Why waste 3 hours if you only need a single item with people you won't see anymore anyway? The result will be less pugs. People like you can run the pugs then, but they won't since they are too lazy to start and maintain the group so it has a working setup. They just want to be carried and roll on everything.

They can make their own group then. Why waste 3 hours if you only need a single item with people you won't see anymore anyway? The result will be less pugs. People like you can run the pugs then, but they won't since they are too lazy to start and maintain the group so it has a working setup. They just want to be carried and roll on everything.
    What happens when 20 or 30 or 40 people need one or two single items? Will LFG be spammed with "overpowered trinket with low drop chance reserved" groups?

Also regarding the so called effort of logistics regarding making a group. It is still greed. If the reward was not loot, and was gold instead those greedy person would pity the reward. Therefore as I said it is greed and it is bad for all of us.

Edit. To Clarify Further. Guilds sell Heroic HFC ML full clear for 400k. If this is divided by 15 guild members putting the "effort" that is 26000 gold per person for ALL items in the lock. If I have given you, the greedy Raid leader organizing the group something as low as 26k, would you reserve me all the items in the run? Because PUGs is one person taking what is worth of 400k on his own, for work done by strangers. Greed as I said.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2016-07-25 at 07:46 PM.

Nope... he can go in and hope his item drops for him personally. Everything hunky dory!
    He has a chance that maybe up to 39 other people could get that drop and give it to him because they don't need it.

If this reduces the number of PUG runs and instead encourages more guild runs.. then by all means I am for it.

- - - Updated - - -

They can make their own group then. Why waste 3 hours if you only need a single item with people you won't see anymore anyway? The result will be less pugs.
    Soon as the guy gets his one item... he's not going to run that pug anymore either. Why would be even bother to run a pug in the first place? Because he doesn't have a guild that will run with him... or does but won't give him the item he wants when he wants them.

Reserved Pugs are for idiots.

If the reward for the person organizing the PUG was 20000 gold at the end of the run or 10% more loot, would that be good enough? Why does it need to be "Reserved item"?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Reserved Pugs are for idiots.
    And yet there where tons of them and tons of people joined them... now they won't have that and can continue to do world quests and don't get anything.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-07-25 at 08:01 PM.

And yet there where tons of them and tons of people joined them... now they won't have that and can continue to do world quests and don't anything.
    It will be fine. There will still be plenty of pugs.

And yet there where tons of them and tons of people joined them... now they won't have that and can continue to do world quests and don't get anything.
    If they happen less frequently, it will likely entice more people toward organized raiding.. building guilds and friendships.

They may even happen more frequently because everyone will feel like they have an equal chance at loot.

Quit crying. ML was the absolute worst loot option, especially with PL around. Just because you can't see the loot on the loot table, it doesn't mean less of it dropped. And it certainly doesn't mean you have a lower chance at getting something you need. Quit being so afraid to change and get over the fact that PL, something new, is a lot better than ML, something old and certainly abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    ML was the absolute worst loot option, especially with PL around.
    ML actually far superior in terms of speed gearing comparing to PL, thats why progressing guilds do not use PL.
    So you're wrong, sorry )

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    ML actually far superior in terms of speed gearing comparing to PL, thats why progressing guilds do not use PL.
    So you're wrong, sorry )
    youre right, and thats why guilds can still use ML. but for pugs PL is the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    youre right, and thats why guilds can still use ML. but for pugs PL is the best option.
    You're totally forgot about cross guild/cross realm raid groups.
    Also there will be another problems that I described in my early posts.
    Anyway, this change hurts pugs more than guild raids, even if they do not understand it yet )

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    You're totally forgot about cross guild/cross realm raid groups.
    Also there will be another problems that I described in my early posts.
    Anyway, this change hurts pugs more than guild raids, even if they do not understand it yet )
    1. pugs = groups of random players
    2. for 30 man group you can bring 6 random players and it will still count as a guild group and you will be able to use ML, so unless you were boosting more than 6 people at a time, nothing changes for your boosting service

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    1. pugs = groups of random players
    2. for 30 man group you can bring 6 random players and it will still count as a guild group and you will be able to use ML, so unless you were boosting more than 6 people at a time, nothing changes for your boosting service
    1. So what?
    2. Boosters already reorganized thenselves, its the least bothered group with any changes.

To add to my early'er posts, I love the new loot system.

Got a few items on my warlock (In my sig) today just because people didn't need them. Ran two full HFC runs and people was passing each other loot they didn't need. Also did some Mythic Dungeons and the same thing

I quite like this new system.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hey guess what, I was in a group the other day, Pureblood firehawk dropped, I was able to roll on it even though I already had it, GUESS WHAT I DID, I EFFING PASSED IT M8. The new system is far superior to the previous.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Hey guess what, I was in a group the other day, Pureblood firehawk dropped, I was able to roll on it even though I already had it, GUESS WHAT I DID, I EFFING PASSED IT M8. The new system is far superior to the previous.
    totally irrelevant anecdote but okay