Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    Tried to solo Mythic Auchindoun yesterday as I remember seeing some say it was one of the easier mythics. Did not go well to say the least. The first two trash packs wrecked me. I wiped I think four times before getting the first pack down, and several more times on the second pack and gave up after missing an interrupt on void shell.

My gear isn't anything special, about 706 ilvl, but I thought I'd do better against trash than that. I was getting 1/4 - 1/2 of my health chunked every 1.5-2GCD. Am I missing something basic on these trash packs?
    Chain CDs and kill them before they kill you, nothing more to it really. You can stun them with remorseless winter, giving you a few extra seconds. Tbh I thought the first boss was way easier than the trashpacks before.You're gonna have a bad time on the second boss with your gear btw. unless you use Mione cheese strat. And the third one is probably pretty much impossible. If I was you I'd head to Iron Docks after killing the first boss in Auch, maybe Shadowmoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only Mythic Dungeon I can't do alone is SMBG because the first boss heals if the add isn't killed quickly enough. I'm sure it's possible to do so, but I don't want to put the effort in to try it.

For the record I'm playing Blood only. It might be feasible as Frost or Unholy, but you need to be able to burst nearly 1000k damage in the time it takes the orc to get to her.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Only Mythic Dungeon I can't do alone is SMBG because the first boss heals if the add isn't killed quickly enough. I'm sure it's possible to do so, but I don't want to put the effort in to try it.

For the record I'm playing Blood only. It might be feasible as Frost or Unholy, but you need to be able to burst nearly 1000k damage in the time it takes the orc to get to her.
    Position her near the edge of the room (towards the hallway to the next boss) and use Asphyxiate on the add when it's in range. Aside from that, ignore it entirely.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2016-07-05 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    Tried to solo Mythic Auchindoun yesterday as I remember seeing some say it was one of the easier mythics. Did not go well to say the least. The first two trash packs wrecked me. I wiped I think four times before getting the first pack down, and several more times on the second pack and gave up after missing an interrupt on void shell.

My gear isn't anything special, about 706 ilvl, but I thought I'd do better against trash than that. I was getting 1/4 - 1/2 of my health chunked every 1.5-2GCD. Am I missing something basic on these trash packs?
    I believe you'd have to be a 740+ blood dk to solo mythic dungeons. I would think that mythic skyreach would be the easiest considering you can just pull and blow everything up with breath.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    I believe you'd have to be a 740+ blood dk to solo mythic dungeons. I would think that mythic skyreach would be the easiest considering you can just pull and blow everything up with breath.
    There are lots of bosses that are doable with <700 ilevel. The second boss in Skyreach is one of the harder bosses in mythic dungeons, so I wouldn't really recommend starting with that. Iron Docks and Shadowmoon Burial Grounds (as said above) are probably the easiest places to start mythic dungeons with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Only Mythic Dungeon I can't do alone is SMBG because the first boss heals if the add isn't killed quickly enough.
    You killed yalnu?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Position her near the edge of the room (towards the hallway to the next boss) and use Asphyxiate on the add when it's in range. Aside from that, ignore it entirely.
    I did it somewhat differently: I tanked her in the middle (because I wasn't sure if the add spawnpoint was RNG) and used remorseless winter+asphyxiate, that worked very well too.

I did pretty much all of them at 728 Ilvl. 3rd boss in Auch was a massive pain, and so was the 2nd in skyreach. Special mention to the train boss in GRD for being a thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    There are lots of bosses that are doable with <700 ilevel. The second boss in Skyreach is one of the harder bosses in mythic dungeons, so I wouldn't really recommend starting with that. Iron Docks and Shadowmoon Burial Grounds (as said above) are probably the easiest places to start mythic dungeons with.
    Yeah, I wouldn't know cause I don't play blood. I just suggested skyreach because I saw a YouTube vid of a mythic geared blood dk pulling every trash + boss in the dungeon (one section at a time) and blowing everything up with breath. It was pretty insane if you ask me.

Deleted
    Yeah, I wouldn't know cause I don't play blood. I just suggested skyreach because I saw a YouTube vid of a mythic geared blood dk pulling every trash + boss in the dungeon (one section at a time) and blowing everything up with breath. It was pretty insane if you ask me.
    That was certainly not on Mythic difficulty, even if that was survivable on Mythic (which it isn't) the 2nd boss would be impossible with all the knockbacks from the raven add.

Other question: didn't get to try out any soloing on PTR or Beta yet, how are we doing there?

How are things looking soloing wise with the beta?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angeredsoul View Post
    How are things looking soloing wise with the beta?
    Well, survivability and ST DPS have definitely dropped a bit from live, so you'd probably have issues with the harder WoD bosses at level 100 on the prepatch (Beastlord, Twin Ogron, etc.). But, there is a massive power increase from 100 --> 110, so much so that you can easily do heroic Highmaul and most of heroic BRF with a premade PvP character using 810 gear and a 750 ilevel artifact. Once we get full Nighthold gear, I imagine a lot of mythic WoD raid content will be doable.

Soloed Kazz again this week just because. I haven't played any of the test realms, but doesn't sound like it will be so easy during pre-patch.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Not been in here in a while since I didn't have any interesting goals for wod, but meanwhile I kept soloing dungeons of my same level as blood dk, a fun and quicker than questing way to level all my dks.

I knew there would have been issues with pre-patch but as soon as I took a look at cds, I said: this will make this soloing impossible.

I tried halls of stone at 76 which I've been doing till the other day, but trash takes far longer and first boss kills me around 40-50%, obviously I am not very used to this new blood dk play, but IBF gone, lichborne gone, death pact gone, 3 major cds which when timed right were so important while soloing; do you think the blood dk survival and dps got worse in this patch to the point that a boss like this that took most of my cds to take down before patch now is absolutely impossible?

anyone solod durumu since the patch? tried him today and the fog beasts wouldnt apear so was stuck in light beam phase

Deleted
    Anyone who has experience soloing at lower levels?
    Was thinking about rerolling a DK and trying to solo low level content at a low level, like trying to solo some level 60 raid bosses as level 70 etc.
    What are the possibilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    anyone solod durumu since the patch? tried him today and the fog beasts wouldnt apear so was stuck in light beam phase
    Got 10N to 22% in my 717 Blood spec before dying, and that was with popping drums at the start. YAY being unable to solo because of bugs and not class changes...

Speaking of which, Ignore Pain is looking ridiculous. Have Blood DKs lost their place as #1solo class? Purgatory is a lot less useful without Death Pact.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2016-07-25 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    Play Unholy and kill it before the light beam phase with your Dark Arbiter + ring burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Purgatory is a lot less useful without Death Pact.
    You didn't even use Purgatory for soloing outside of a few bosses like Dark Animus, so I don't see how that's relevant (and you definitely won't be now with Bonestorm/Blood Mirror being in the same tier). In any case, soloing is mostly about damage right now, and Blood has the edge there. It's definitely possible that things will be changed with regards to survival balance before Legion's release, so it'd probably be best to look for the answer later.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2016-07-25 at 07:58 PM.

Im trying to solo Dumuru, yet whenever i go into the color phase, the red beam is attached to me, and im RIGHT on a fogbeast, and it will NOT spawn, and any damage it apparently takes its immume too. Am i just being dumb with the whole concept of the phase? I remember only having to have the beam in the area of the add, and itll appear.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    Im trying to solo Dumuru, yet whenever i go into the color phase, the red beam is attached to me, and im RIGHT on a fogbeast, and it will NOT spawn, and any damage it apparently takes its immume too. Am i just being dumb with the whole concept of the phase? I remember only having to have the beam in the area of the add, and itll appear.
    I believe has been bugged since the pre-patch hit. I haven't been able to reveal the fog beasts either in the last couple of weeks.