Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    and if he has concealed carry weapon license
    That'd be different, but there was no such mention in the story and charges are being filed. So I suspect not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Both men should spend a while in jail for endangering the public.
    Probably should have their guardianship of their children evaluated too.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This guy could be in trouble. Illinois is not an open-carry state.
    Where did it say he was open carrying, if I had to make a guess it sounded like he was conceal carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    30, how is that relevant?
    some of us that dont start shit refuse to roll around on the ground and fight with you. aka if im doing my thing and you start attacking me, im not gonna fight you, im gonna shoot you. then im gonna whip out my cell phone and call for them to come help you. probably be in a body bag but i gotta make it look good for the court case that will probably happen. long story short, we aint fighting or taking punches cause you in a bad mood and a lot of people feel this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, still a crazy nutjob. There are ways to end fist fights other than pulling out guns. Like, for example, backing the fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Where did it say he was open carrying, if I had to make a guess it sounded like he was conceal carrying.
    Again, if he had a CC permit it'd be a different story. The story does not specify that, only that charges are being filed, so my first guess is "no he doesn't have it". Granted, he could still face charges anyhow, but based purely on the evidence so far my first thought is "no".

EDIT: Also, Illinois is the very last state to legalize CC, and that was three years ago. The stats aren't in his favor (again, based only on the story's lack of information)

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    yeah people usually dont get too loud with a guy that has a nice gun sitting on his hip. although... there always is one idiot trying hard to get themselves killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    some of us that dont start shit refuse to roll around on the ground and fight with you. aka if im doing my thing and you start attacking me, im not gonna fight you, im gonna shoot you. then im gonna whip out my cell phone and call for them to come help you. probably be in a body bag but i gotta make it look good for the court case that will probably happen. long story short, we aint fighting or taking punches cause you in a bad mood and a lot of people feel this way.
    But what if you start the fight and start losing? Would it be justified to shoot them then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He pulled it out after he was getting his ass kicked, that's a big difference than just whipping it out.
    From what the article says, the whole situation is due to the child kicking his seat. It escalated into him pulling a gun.

Is the title a bit sensationalist? Yes, it does that to get you to click. Is it a lie? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Uh, still a crazy nutjob. There are ways to end fist fights other than pulling out guns. Like, for example, backing the fuck off.
    so im suppose to run now cause you (or another person) decided to attack me? lol wtf, rather that person die.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He might have started the verbal argument, but we don't know who started the fight. I guess you like being lied too with a false narrative.
    "Parent attacks theater goer for criticizing his parenting, only stopped by gun!"
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Pretty cowardly to pull out a gun because you are losing a fist fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    But what if you start the fight and start losing? Would it be justified to shoot them then?
    of course not, that is murder or attempted murder. dont carry and start fights, it will end badly for you even if you survive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Canada has nation-wide brawl training in a martial art we call Hock'ey. You both get a couple good punches in, someone skates over and breaks it up, you have a laugh together, and go on with your life.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

All I could think of reading through this thread and certain comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    ^ Also this, while I don't approve of pulling a gun - I don't know how bad the fight got (but I can't imagine it was that bad before someone would break it up / they would break it up / etc) - but really whoever punched first committed assault. If it was the dude with the gun, then it was assault with a deadly weapon.
    You know most people who think this is self defense. Are the first people to rage against violence in say Chicago. If you went to south side of Chicago. Most would say they use a gun in self defense. Some may be getting their ass kicked in a fist fight and shoot. Some may shoot first just for the fact they do not want to be on the losing end.

I just hope if the defense is "It is okay to use gun in self-defense." We use this universally across many arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    since when did canada get so tough? toughest people ive heard from there is justin and drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yes. You would be amazed how in other places these people would be admonished.

of course not, that is murder or attempted murder. dont carry and start fights, it will end badly for you even if you survive.
    Well if there are no witnesses you can say they started the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a tough man, pulling out a weapon in a one on one fist fight.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.