Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just a reminder that a "lie" is not necessarily a false statement.
    Though that framing is just as much an exercise on sensationalism as OP's piece.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    since when did canada get so tough? toughest people ive heard from there is justin and drake.
    As Yvaelle already said, we have this thing called hockey were we regularly settle disputes with fights while standing on knives. We don't use the knives though.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Again, if he had a CC permit it'd be a different story. The story does not specify that, only that charges are being filed, so my first guess is "no he doesn't have it". Granted, he could still face charges anyhow, but based purely on the evidence so far my first thought is "no".

EDIT: Also, Illinois is the very last state to legalize CC, and that was three years ago. The stats aren't in his favor (again, based only on the story's lack of information)
    I'm not saying he had a CC permit just that he was carrying concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well if there are no witnesses you can say they started the fight.
    yep, which is why trayvon martin is sitting 6ft under and george zimmerman is running around do god knows what. better have some physical evidence though or you're gonna be fucked like they tried to do george.

My child: We sit in a theatre together and they start kicking someone else's seat being rude as fuck is going to get scolded and corrected when I notice them being a dick

Kid in story: The father saw, didn't give a fuck, and decided that his child could put his feet where ever he pleased without any consideration for another person.

Pulling a gun is excessive, but the group whom hails the pieces of shit was not the one with a gun.

15+ Year Old Account
    since when did canada get so tough? toughest people ive heard from there is justin and drake.
    You mean the two we banished to live out their days, South of the wall?

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    As I read the title, I assumed a child kicked a mans seat, he turn around and pulled a gun on the kid. This made me think, wow what a crazy nut job. Then you read what actually happened, but of course most people will just read the title and believe that is what actually happened.

Woo ever threw the punch first is in the wrong, but I can't blame a guy who was getting his ass kicked to pull out a gun and stop it.
    After reading the article, I still came away with "wow what a crazy nut job".

And, yes, I can blame a guy who was getting his ass kicked for pulling out a gun. Do people really not get how this is a bad thing?

As Yvaelle already said, we have this thing called hockey were we regularly settle disputes with fights while standing on knives. We don't use the knives though.
    Lol hockey, we have football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I'm not saying he had a CC permit just that he was carrying concealed.
    And, in a non-open carry state, and with no CC license, that's a paddlin'

We'll have to wait for more details to see.

You mean rugby with pillows?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    From what the article says, the whole situation is due to the child kicking his seat. It escalated into him pulling a gun.

Is the title a bit sensationalist? Yes, it does that to get you to click. Is it a lie? No.

Seat + Fight = Gun - True
    Not
    Seat = Gun - False

Football is the ballet of contact sports.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have something similar but with 20% more people and 200% more cardio, called Canadian Football. It's less popular than the other version we have though - which is basically Canadian Football - without pads - called Rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You mean rugby with pillows?
    No, football with all the head injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That'd be different, but there was no such mention in the story and charges are being filed. So I suspect not.
    He can have a CCP and still be charged for having a firearm in the theater. By the looks of the article, he wasn't arrested, just barred. So I'm assuming he had a CCP and the cinema is pressing charges and not the police. Places like that are considered private property, CCP or not, firearms aren't permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    We have something similar but with 20% more people and 200% more cardio, called Canadian Football. It's less popular than the other version we have though - which is basically Canadian Football - without pads - called Rugby.
    I have seen Flutie play.

Fights with helmets and pads, real bad ass

10+ Year Old Account
    so im suppose to run now cause you (or another person) decided to attack me? lol wtf, rather that person die.
    And this is why people like you shouldn't have guns. Thanks for making an example of yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't know how to tell you this, but your wall has a lot of holes in it.
    So far it's just a space where the wall will be - the wall itself is still in design phase.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    After reading the article, I still came away with "wow what a crazy nut job".

And, yes, I can blame a guy who was getting his ass kicked for pulling out a gun. Do people really not get how this is a bad thing?
    If I started kicking your ass and you had a gun, would you use it or just take it like a man?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The statement you are calling a lie is literally true.
    No it's not, maybe to someone who doesn't follow logic it does.