Best gear path, outside raids, going into Legion

For toons that have just dinged 100, what is the best path for gearing currently (outside of organized raiding/pvp)? Outfitting the toon in all 715 crafted gear (can someone please confirm the three item limitation is gone)?

Deleted
    Wait until the events start in two weeks and get gear from those.

You could fully gear your toons in crafted gear if you wanted to. This close to Legion that seems like a massive wasted of gold, resources and time though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you already have the resources and don't have to buy them for gold, it seems pointless to keep them going into Legion as they surely will not sell well on AH anymore. Unless it's tailoring mats and you could make bags with them instead.

they said in the demon invasion coming in the following weeks will drop ilvl 700 gears, so I'm guessing that is the best way to gear outside of raids and pvp.
    Be Free! <3

By "organized raids/pvp", did you mean all or just organized pvp? Because I'd say pvp is the way to go. It doesn't discriminate bad gear you have on you already due to normalized stats for all. One bg wins nets you a 710 belt, wrist, back. Two bg wins nets you 710 boots, gloves, shoulders. Three nets you 710 chest, legs, helm. Five nets you 710 weapons. No rings, necklaces, trinkets as mark of honors are meant to only be used on mog gear. You can fill those spots with filler Tanaan gear while you wait for invasions to come along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaylen View Post
    For toons that have just dinged 100, what is the best path for gearing currently (outside of organized raiding/pvp)? Outfitting the toon in all 715 crafted gear (can someone please confirm the three item limitation is gone)?
    3 item limit is still there, best bet is probably pvp or just waiting until the legion events and getting that stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wait, they removed the crafted (3) limit? I am sure I saw it on gear?

Edit: just checked, it's still in effect.
    yeah idk where people got this from... there is no 3 limit in legion.. but there is still a 3 limit on our current gear.. cause our current gear is insane, if you could wear full crafted, that would be insane with how high our current crafted can go
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'm not sure there's a reason to bother at this point, unless you're an immediate gratification sort of player (which still will lead you to organized play for the best chances)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah idk where people got this from... there is no 3 limit in legion.. but there is still a 3 limit on our current gear.. cause our current gear is insane, if you could wear full crafted, that would be insane with how high our current crafted can go
    This is where people got it from: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Patch-Notes

It was in the pre-expansion patch notes six days ago - first bullet point under the ITEMS heading.

Seems it didn't make the cut when the pre-expansion went live though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    To be honest, I don't know if they plan to nerf them or to what extend they scale to ilvl, but some of the artifact scenarios are somewhat challenging at low gear. If they are challenging to someone with some experience in this game, they will be brutal to a lot of people.
    Unsure how things play on the beta, or whether there is scaling there. My outlook is this:

Blizzard absolutely intends for at least the start of Legion leveling to be experienced at 640 ilvl, which is exactly what boosts are sold with. Granted, quest gear will get you way past this rather quickly.

Gearing up now is of course *something to do*, but as a player who also just returned after a very long hiatus, I'm just not seeing the point in gear chasing right now.

You can also do the invasion events soon.. by which you can get iLevel 700 rings, trinkets and necks... and a weapon that can be upgraded to iLevel 725

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Pretty much will be the case when Legion comes to an end though... fully gear out in crafted gear upgraded pretty high.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaylen View Post
    This is where people got it from: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Patch-Notes

It was in the pre-expansion patch notes six days ago - first bullet point under the ITEMS heading.

Seems it didn't make the cut when the pre-expansion went live though I guess.
    This. Was looking forward to stick my least geared alt into a full set of crafted gear that I had lying around, but as of now he's still limited to 3 pieces (And he's a fury warrior so it's extra shite)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Best gearing method remains to stick in ashran for couple of days. Or follow an HFC pug but people are still lazy and ask for high ilvls.
    Im sure you mean "too lazy to raid with guild"

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    This. Was looking forward to stick my least geared alt into a full set of crafted gear that I had lying around, but as of now he's still limited to 3 pieces (And he's a fury warrior so it's extra shite)
    Shoulda got him ready sooner. My warrior Is 742 and prepatch is sooooooo fun raiding on him again.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Unsure how things play on the beta, or whether there is scaling there. My outlook is this:

Blizzard absolutely intends for at least the start of Legion leveling to be experienced at 640 ilvl, which is exactly what boosts are sold with. Granted, quest gear will get you way past this rather quickly.

Gearing up now is of course *something to do*, but as a player who also just returned after a very long hiatus, I'm just not seeing the point in gear chasing right now.
    You're probably right, but unless then scale some scenarios way down I don't see that happening. Different scenarios were all over the place. I've never played retri and facerolled my way to an Ashbringer (literally zero effort, didn't read half my skills), never played hunter past TBC (by all accounts the easiest class BY FAR) and died 5+ times getting the BM gun. Maybe I just suck at hunter and will make an amazing retri paladin, but I kinda doubt it.

To answer the topic question - wait for invasions. 700 is more than enough for Legion.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2016-07-26 at 01:48 PM.

Best gearing method remains to stick in ashran for couple of days. Or follow an HFC pug but people are still lazy and ask for high ilvls.
    Ashran is a steaming pile of garbage now, unless you manage to get an amazingly good group. IMHO it's not worth it. Also, you have to consider that the PVP vendors no longer sell rings/amulets. Otherwise BGs are decent for gearing. Even if you lose you sometimes get a piece of 625-660 gear from the reward box. And if you win the honor tokens can be traded for 710 gear.

Mix in some baleful gear if you have it. Apexis grinding is easier than ever with the now power curve.

If you have flight, go round up the 650 items for your class from Tanaan.

Do the proving grounds for a weapon.

Fill in any blanks with stuff from the AH, or craft it yourself.

Best gearing method remains to stick in ashran for couple of days.
    I didnt think Ashran have anything any more.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I didnt think Ashran have anything any more.
    Every 200 kills, or every 4 events+boss is one token. It's simply not worth the time or effort anymore.

Remove AV and Isle of Conquest from your random BG queue.

Queue random BGs (preferably in a coordinated 5 man group premade).

Win and use the tokens to buy 710 gear.

Takes around 26 wins (10-12 hours worth of game play) to get ~700 ilvl.