Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hope, if they havent, add it for IF/UC too
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Nooooo!! MG was CRZ'd w Shadow Council, if they borked it due to the RPers crying, I'm gonna be sad. The last week has been more fun than the last year. I don't even care that we can't trade, it was just fun hanging out and watching full city shenanigans.
    Well if they didn't fix it because of "rpers crying" then RP would have slowly started dying off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it...absolutely despise it and hope it goes away. Bad enough we had morons on our own servers to deal with, now there's 5 times more morons in Org.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    This exactly! It's just an illusion unless you can fully interact with everbody, and unless you always are paired with the same realms/people and not end up in a different phase with different people each time you log on.
    Use your criteria in backwards, Why "cant (fully) interact" ends on "Illusion". If u can "half" interact, its a "half" illusion.
    Its not an full illusion since you at least can do some interacting with that other people.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Use your criteria in backwards, Why "cant (fully) interact" ends on "Illusion". If u can "half" interact, its a "half" illusion.
    Its not an full illusion since you at least can do some interacting with that other people.
    Yeah with people I'll probably never be seeing again because phasing is an inconsistent mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Well if they didn't fix it because of "rpers crying" then RP would have slowly started dying off.
    Being on an RP server myself, I would much rather have a vibrant full city. If you want to group RP, join a raid group and make sure raid groups are bound to one shard/server.

Absolutley awful idea ! Hope they take it away ! There's too many ppl and too many trolls in trade chat. For all I hated the Garrison now it looks very cozy and I''m happy to have it !
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

There is one problem though.. it should prioritize people from your own server when it puts you in a shard.

I mean, I want to see my guildmates before I see random south americans in Orgrimmar.

On the other hand, if you see too many people.. there are more than one capital.. go to another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    There is one problem though.. it should prioritize people from your own server when it puts you in a shard.

I mean, I want to see my guildmates before I see random south americans in Orgrimmar.

On the other hand, if you see too many people.. there are more than one capital.. go to another one.

So even people from your own server sometimes end up in a different phase and thus invisible to you? That's ridiculous!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or you know, the fact that they'd be forced to change the way character naming works or force name changes on people.
    Connected Realms. IDK why blizz stopped doing it and isntead decided to double down on CRZ, which just puts a bandaid on a festering, stinking wound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    My main's server Org is unplayable since CRZ. Huge lags in post, AH, banks. It was vivid enough before, now it's just a cesspool like Stormscale EU.

My realm was already crowded, so this change didn't change(!) anything when it comes to that for me.

What it did change is that I can no longer see sold auctions(unless I am in my realm's CRZ), which is extremely irritating. It was bad enough it was already the case in other cities, but now nowhere is "safe".

I think they need to do more connections. Not mergers. They kind of botched their connection for my main server. We were one of the original launch servers, and over time became a low pop server. Population on our server has always been out of whack with Alliance to Horde ratio being 3:1. Then they connected us to another low pop server with the same population ratio. Giving us just enough people to hit medium pop during peak times (before the server size increase they did recently); however keeping the population too high in Alliance to Horde ratio (still 3:1). Should have connected us with a high Horde to Alliance ratio server to even out the faction balance numbers. Although we are still low population now with the server size increase they did.

I used to play on Thrall US, and during WoD launch it was unplayable with the population and lag. And even now, that server shows up as medium instead of high like it used to since the server size increase. Give us a medium to lower end of medium pop server with high Horde to Alliance ratio to even out the balance. And it will give us more people for our faction to fill up all the nearly empty guilds, and make the cities more lively without needing CRZ in the capitol cities.

I just hope they don't make the Legion areas CRZ until the expansion after Legion. Like they have done in previous expansions.

I can't understand what were they thinking....

How does crowding low populated realms with people you can't interact with for anything relevant but instead make the fps drop greatly help when all the people from low pop realms also log during Legion launch?

I would like to know why are Zones like Stormwind and other common social hubs turning into CRZ? Its already bad enough to have zones with rare and long timer spawns (TLPD, Aeonaxx, etc) being CRZ.

So my realm has a low population, now Stormwind is full of people lagging everything and getting massive FPS drop, this would be acceptable if it was for a greater good to the server like people to trade, recruit, use the same AH, etc. but instead its like we are being stacked to have the downsides of a heavy populated realm while having all the downsides of a low pop realm.

There is the rumor this is to help high population servers to handle things better but a while back on forums when we whined that 20 man mythic was harder to achieve on low pop servers due to lack of population we got the usual ''just move to high pop server if you really care about it'' I feel like saying the same now ''if you don't want queue times move to a low pop server if you really care about it'' instead of having my performance affected by it. I don't feel its fair, but I also don't like keep getting the short end of the stick and it really worries me not having a clear response on whats happening and what are the Devs thinking on doing going forward with this.

This is my point, I don't want my experience diminished (lower fps in capitals or having to decrease my graphic settings to accommodate for it) because they don't want Queue times on high pop realms, if they keep it they might as well offer me and everyone who needs high pop realm commodities free chars transfers to outland/silvermoon (EU) we are not second class citizens who can get all the crap without any benefit.
    Last edited by Magnosh; 2016-07-25 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This change was a disaster for RP servers, but Blizzard has since reversed those changes on the RP realms so things have mostly gone back to normal, so all is well for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Being on an RP server myself, I would much rather have a vibrant full city. If you want to group RP, join a raid group and make sure raid groups are bound to one shard/server.
    No offence, but Shadow Council's low pop means they RP very different from big servers like WRA and MG. Over here we're used to seeing the same huge crowds filled with mostly the same people every day. With the sharding, it doesn't feel like a city anymore. It's just some place filled with random people nobody knows.

Also, you may be seeing more people that before, but on larger servers we're seeing LESS people since there's a set number of people that fit into a phase.

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    At least WoW feels like a MMO again with all those players hanging around in Orgrimmar (and falling from the sky, I wish there was a trampoline toy ).
    Persistent world, the ability to interact with other players, challenges that require large groups to take down, the ability to build and develop a character....

Yup, it's felt like an MMO all along. But I guess if having some more NPCs.... er, excuse me, players I can't trade with, invite to my guild, interact with in any meaningful way.... makes the city feel more "alive" it doesn't matter. I mean, it's not like people are just happy to see people even at the expense of players actually playing the game....

Nooooo!! MG was CRZ'd w Shadow Council, if they borked it due to the RPers crying, I'm gonna be sad.
    ...nevermind.

The roleplayers arent happy about the new zoning and phasing. But theres another thread for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedklown View Post
    I think they need to do more connections. Not mergers. They kind of botched their connection for my main server. We were one of the original launch servers, and over time became a low pop server. Population on our server has always been out of whack with Alliance to Horde ratio being 3:1. Then they connected us to another low pop server with the same population ratio. Giving us just enough people to hit medium pop during peak times (before the server size increase they did recently); however keeping the population too high in Alliance to Horde ratio (still 3:1). Should have connected us with a high Horde to Alliance ratio server to even out the faction balance numbers. Although we are still low population now with the server size increase they did.

I used to play on Thrall US, and during WoD launch it was unplayable with the population and lag. And even now, that server shows up as medium instead of high like it used to since the server size increase. Give us a medium to lower end of medium pop server with high Horde to Alliance ratio to even out the balance. And it will give us more people for our faction to fill up all the nearly empty guilds, and make the cities more lively without needing CRZ in the capitol cities.

I just hope they don't make the Legion areas CRZ until the expansion after Legion. Like they have done in previous expansions.

And again, this nagging from people on dead realms. Blizzard c.a.n.'.t do this because the Normal realms with higher Horde population than Alliance population almost doesn't exist, and the few that do tend be realms with high populations(they pull in Horde players that wants to play on a Normal realm from all the other realms) so these can't be connected. These realms are extremely few because 99% of all Normal realms are Alliance dominated(almost reversed for PvP realms, but not as bad).

Deleted
    Now if we were also able to trade with all those people, that would be great.