Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    I didn't read any of this thread but there's something most anti-Trump people completely miss. But first to answer your question, probably nothing.

As for Trump. Trump has a huge ego, and I personally believe we wants to do the country the solid and improve it. I am 100% confident that he believes in what he's doing and wants to make the country better. Will it be able to do it? I dunno. But I think his ego and his legacy and important to him and he would like nothing more than to be a great President.

As for Hillary, her husbands abuse of women, their drug running to fight Contra Rebels, Hillary's war on the poor and drugs, Hillary's greed....It's too much. Hillary says things in a much more eloquent manner than Trump, and what she says sounds great but you can't trust anything that comes out of her mouth. She will do what she she does to make the most money for herself and her friends, she does not care about you, she does not care about other women, or black people, or immigrants. Her husband's policies indirectly proves all this. Her husbands character is also so poor it reflects terribly upon her.

The problem with the country will only be fixed when we abolish the Federal Reserve, abolish the IRS, and return to sound honest money that will FORCE honesty and accountability back into politics because they will be unable to lie and deficit spend their way to votes and "prosperity."
    Abolish the fed? Are you out of your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So, you studied the founding fathers and how they intended this to be a rotating, citizen government? So career politicians were never the intention, and bring nothing to the table, other than corruption. They don't even write the bills they don't read and vote for. They have staffers for that.

Did it bother you when we elected Obama, a man who had never ran anything in his life? Or do you feel like president is a legislative position, as Obama does?

Obama served 2 terms as a state senator and was elected president in the middle of his Congressional senate term, this simple fact and the same wrong rhetoric keeps gets spewed nearly 8 years later is simple mind blowing but I then you know Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    What really has me baffled about this thread, apart from people being convinced Trump will win in the first place that is, is the sentiment of "Hilary can't be trusted, so I'll vote Trump". Or similar talking points, such as corruption, etc. I don't particularly disagree with not trusting Hilary, but you do realize the alternative is Trump, right? Whoever fully trusts Trump to do what he says he will, has a screw loose. I mean, being close to criminally gullible. I'm not saying he would necessarily be just as bad in that particular regard, but I am saying that there is certainly a major risk for it. And pretending that there isn't, well that is just plain silly.
    Yup, either Trump or Clinton, voting for the lesser of two evils, is still voting for evil.

If enough of the people that dislike Trump and Clinton, voted for a 3rd party candidate like Gary Johnson or Jill Stein, The Libertarians or Green party would easily win.

[QUOTE=NineSpine;41569271][QUOTE=Tijuana;41568971]So, you studied the founding fathers and how they intended this to be a rotating, citizen government?

Yes, except I also studied the part where the US was intended to be an evolving nation where the laws kept up with change. I recommend you look into that part as well. Furthermore, you are really arguing for something that was very much an ideal, not a reality. The founders were politicians, through and through. They weren't interested in having their place in society removed by the average person. They didn't even grant the average person the right to vote. They ruled the nation, albeit through multiple factions, for decades after the Revolution, only ceding control when they were dead.

The older model, which as I said wasn't really reality anyway, slowly became impractical, especially for a technologically advanced nation. The adaptability of the American system is it's greatest strength. The rigidity you are arguing for is counterproductive, and really just impossible today. The idea that citizens with other jobs are going to have enough enough time and understanding to address an issue like nuclear waste disposal is asinine.

I don't care whether someone has ever ran anything before. There is no such thing as being qualified to be president. It's too unique of a job. The President has more authority than he did previously because Congress constitutionally vested him with that power, due to necessity. It's not feasible for congress to do something like manage standing armies, or regulate nuclear power plants.

At some point, we have to deal with reality, not half baked a-historical narratives about the founders.
    I agree with your notion, generally. However, you are extending the logic as far as you need to justify your guy. I doubt you would say I am as qualified as he. So, it does matter. The notion that executive experience being irrelevant belies the entire history of who we have put in the office. Obama is only the 3rd or 4th non-governor to hold the office. And it shows. He clearly was lacking in decision making and leading, although he was good at other parts of the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine how much would actually get done in the US if Obama was actually Emperor. There would be no gridlock and you would own Cuba. Or just renaming Florida to Best Cuba.

I just can't wait to see how Europe handles the new wave of migrants that claim they'll flee the country if Trump wins

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Imagine how much would actually get done in the US if Obama was actually Emperor. There would be no gridlock and you would own Cuba. Or just renaming Florida to Best Cuba.
    Pretty sure Texas would actually secede if that happened, along with a couple other states in Jesusland

[QUOTE=Tijuana;41569418][QUOTE=NineSpine;41569271]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So, you studied the founding fathers and how they intended this to be a rotating, citizen government?

I agree with your notion, generally. However, you are extending the logic as far as you need to justify your guy. I doubt you would say I am as qualified as he. So, it does matter. The notion that executive experience being irrelevant belies the entire history of who we have put in the office. Obama is only the 3rd or 4th non-governor to hold the office. And it shows. He clearly was lacking in decision making and leading, although he was good at other parts of the job.
    17 of our 43 presidents were governors beforehand, so you are wildly wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Be me
    Its 2024
    Trump became the president of the US in 2016
    On his first day as president he reveled that he was really a reptilian
    Hillary Clinton is also a reptilians
    MFW
    The reptilian army then came in space ships to invade the earth
    Nearly all the world leaders are reptilians
    the military stood no chance
    but there was one hope
    Ted Cruz revealed to the world in his assassination attempt against trump that he was indeed the zodiac killer
    turns out all his victims were reptilians
    Ted Cruz now leads a resistance against the reptilian horde
    Putin is a predator, but years of vodka had poisoned his mind so he cannot help the resistance
    Reptile Hillary took Bernie Sander's brain and put it into mecha Bernie Sanders, a reptilian weapon of mass destruction under her control
    Trump turned Kaisich into literal white bread
    MFW
    Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith team up once again and join the resistance to defeat the reptilian horde.
    We now fight with the resistance, we call ourselves, the Zodiac.
    i guess this is from 4 chan and there when they say reptilians they mean jews btw

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    People get way to excited about US Presidents. There are far too many checks and balances for anything outrageous to be enacted.
    Haven't been paying attention much have ya? The ACA is just one piece of failed legislation that's disguised as a tax and only costing people more money. I won't even mention the billions flushed down the toilet on failed companies that O invested our money in without our approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Haven't been paying attention much have ya? The ACA is just one piece of failed legislation that's disguised as a tax and only costing people more money. I won't even mention the billions flushed down the toilet on failed companies that O invested our money in without our approval.
    The ACA is roughly budget positive, and the "flushed" money you are talking about is only true if you ignore the successful investments. If you expect a 100% success rate for investments, I don't know what to tell you.

Gozer will finally open his portal long enough to destroy us all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

He will probably fuck america to the ground but leave other countries alone since he doesn't seem a warmongering asshole like the other bitch. If it's Hillary, well you better prepare yourself for the next economic crisis that she will enable through whatever economic deregulation she will put in place for her wall street friends, like her husband did. Probably will lead america into another war too, like her husband did.

Better Trump than Hillary. Trump will probably fuck america, Hillary will fuck the world.

Deleted
    I don't want trump to win, but I do want hillary to lose.

Unfortounate situation.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    i guess this is from 4 chan and there when they say reptilians they mean jews btw
    Don't be silly, Jews don't have a space army!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    made it my self in the style of 4chan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Don't be silly, Jews don't have a space army!
    UUuuhhh

*heavy breathing in Jewish*

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    made it my self in the style of 4chan

- - - Updated - - -

UUuuhhh

*heavy breathing in Jewish*
    Genn, only Nazis have a space army. It's on the dark side of the moon! Haven't you seen Iron Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykco View Post
    All the executive orders that Emperor Obama put in place will be revoked.
    Obama has made less executive orders than any two term president dating back to the late 1800s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Genn, only Nazis have a space army. It's on the dark side of the moon! Haven't you seen Iron Sky?
    Maybe they are not the only ones....

Deleted
    He's gonna make America great again, friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    He will probably fuck america to the ground but leave other countries alone since he doesn't seem a warmongering asshole like the other bitch.
    Thats what people thought about Obama.

Difficult to trust anything Trump says since he is a pathological liar.