Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I didn't want to be that guy but it had to be done
    There is a difference between doing it to a random post in an attempt to discredit the argument and doing it to someone who is trying to throw down the grammar and vocabulary gauntlet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They have these things called boxers.
    Hockey below the NHL level is more accurately called Boxing On Ice
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Admittedly, I missed that. But this conjures the image of Illinois Man, saying "thank goodness I brought my gun from Illinois to Kentucky, so I can wear it openly and legally in this Kentucky movie theater" at which point a complete stranger attacks him with his bare hands, despite being visibly armed.

...I mean, I concede that's possible. But at this point I think I'll watch the story and wait for details to unfold.

- - - Updated - - -

Such as those details.
    I assumed he was most likely an IL CCL holder with a small chance that he wasn't and sat down before the family did and they didn't see his open carry firearm. If the theater is dark and in the heat of the moment most people wouldn't notice it.

I am surprised the theater chain bans firearms being Kentucky is very pro gun. But it wasn't posted properly where people could see it and it's not a crime to carry last said sign. You only get in trouble if you're caught, asked to leave and refuse to and then it's just misdemeanor trespassing
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Hockey below the NHL level is more accurately called Boxing On Ice
    lol.. indeed.
    And at NHL level they become professionals.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Never happens when I go to a theater

just those guys sniffling and coughing waaayyy to much and its like... dude, go home you're sick, you should be resting.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy could be in trouble. Illinois is not an open-carry state.
    Am I missing something? I don't see where they said he was open carrying a weapon... was likely concealed.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-07-25 at 09:40 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    As I read the title, I assumed a child kicked a mans seat, he turn around and pulled a gun on the kid. This made me think, wow what a crazy nut job. Then you read what actually happened, .
    And I still think what a crazy nut job....

This guy could be in trouble. Illinois is not an open-carry state.
    They were in Kentucky?

I can blame him. That dude is a wimp, pulling a gun to win a fight.... glad that's not a thing in Canada.
    When someone's crushing your skull under their boot kicks and you don't pull a gun, at least they might write on your tombstone that you werent a wimp. LUL

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is a reason reporters are stereotyped as cut throat cunts that will do anything to 'get a story'
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I can blame him. That dude is a wimp, pulling a gun to win a fight.... glad that's not a thing in Canada.
    Good to see what you truly believe! Might makes right! Whoever is the strongest or best fighter gets to do whatever they want.

God made all men, but Sam Colt made them equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Good to see what you truly believe! Might makes right! Whoever is the strongest or best fighter gets to do whatever they want.
    Might doesn't make right, neither does disproportionate escalation.

Justice makes right, whoever threw the first punch committed assault.

I believe in Equality of Opportunity. They both have an equal right to punch each other (after the first punch is thrown, see above), let the superior puncher win.

God made all men, but Sam Colt made them equal.
    By that logic, I assume you think the other man should have responded by a) also having a concealed gun, and b) drawing his weapon too. If not, then you're not talking about equality - because one has a gun and one doesn't: you're advocating for inequality.

Righteousness is justice.

Equality is a fair fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Uh, still a crazy nutjob. There are ways to end fist fights other than pulling out guns. Like, for example, backing the fuck off.
    Good luck " backing the fuck off " when you're severely getting your ass kicked, I don't recall any of these types of comments in those George Zimmerman threads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Good luck " backing the fuck off " when you're severely getting your ass kicked, I don't recall any of these types of comments in those George Zimmerman threads.
    I do - because I said them. George should have backed the fuck off, rather than shooting a kid in the back (a kid who, as it turns out, backed the fuck off).

Scumbag: Teach your puke kid not to kick peoples seats.
    Scumbag: Don't act like a hardass and try to start shit with kids.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Might doesn't make right, neither does disproportionate escalation.

Justice makes right, whoever threw the first punch committed assault.

I believe in Equality of Opportunity. They both have an equal right to punch each other (after the first punch is thrown, see above), let the superior puncher win.

By that logic, I assume you think the other man should have responded by a) also having a concealed gun, and b) drawing his weapon too. If not, then you're not talking about equality - because one has a gun and one doesn't: you're advocating for inequality.

Righteousness is justice.

Equality is a fair fight.
    The man didn't shoot him. He used the minimum force he was able to achieve to stop the assault on his person. This is exactly the responsible thing to do. Neither of us have any idea of the size, strength, or skill disparity between these two individuals. The man could have easily have just left afterwards. He was armed so it's not like the theater staff could have held him against his will. So again, the man acted responsibly.

The article doesn't mention what charges were being brought but if I had to guess I'd say it would be due to carrying concealed without a license. It was an Illinois man and it's relatively hard to get a conceal permit in IL. It happened in Paducah, Kentucky and KY law allows open carry without a license.

In real life there is no such thing as a fair fight. A fair fight is in a ring with a referee.

- - - Updated - - -

I do - because I said them. George should have backed the fuck off, rather than shooting a kid in the back (a kid who, as it turns out, backed the fuck off).
    How you're just making up crap. Trayvon Martin was not shot in the back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    As I read the title, I assumed a child kicked a mans seat, he turn around and pulled a gun on the kid. This made me think, wow what a crazy nut job. Then you read what actually happened, but of course most people will just read the title and believe that is what actually happened.

Woo ever threw the punch first is in the wrong, but I can't blame a guy who was getting his ass kicked to pull out a gun and stop it.
    Clickbaiting, every shithole "news" source does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Lol what? Someone doesn't understand firearms laws. Theaters are not prohbited locations in Kentucky or anywhere else that I'm aware of in the US. Private property doesn't mean no guns unless the state has a law allowing it to post and they post. Kentucky is very pro gun.
    i know in nevada pretty much everything but federal buildings and land is fair game. even if they have a no gun sign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Technically... Trayvon Martin is laying down 6 feet under.
    prove it

t martins box

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That is what happened. The other man, the man whose seat was being kicked, did pull a gun out. Just because it took a few minutes from the boy kicking doesn't make the title untrue.
    And yet that cuts out the key facts. Might as well title the story "man pulled gun after getting up this morning" or "man pulls gun after buying tickets to see X movie". Sure, that may have happened, but it isn't the root cause. The kid kicking the seat may have been the initial cause of confrontation, but the fight was the escalation, which is what led him to pulling a gun. Otherwise, he would have simply pulled the gun on the kid, which he certainly didn't.

Yeah, that the title might be "true" in an abstract point A to point C sense, but it's also incredibly misleading, which was the OP's point altogether.

A result of profit driven "news". An accurate title would get next to no clicks, cant have that now. No room for journalism in the digital space.

- - - Updated - - -

You are welcome to sustain bodily harm from an assailant all you want, I would call that fucking stupid.

You are glad if a guy knocked you down, and proceeded to kick your shit in you would have no recourse but to curl into a ball and take it......wow...just wow. Glad I live in the states where I can protect myself by means available to me.

- - - Updated - - -

30, how is that relevant?
    Younger people tend to say stupid things, not sure how to account for your dumb comment.
    READ and be less Ignorant.