Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Seen the trailer for Justice League, looks like they are going for more humour.
    Yeah the trailer for Justice League is pretty dire. Hoping it's just early footage but the last thing the film needs is to turn into another shitty quipfest like Whedon's abominable Avengers films.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Yeah the trailer for Justice League is pretty dire. Hoping it's just early footage but the last thing the film needs is to turn into another shitty quipfest like Whedon's abominable Avengers films.
    I liked the Avengers, and did like the JL trailer, but I was a bit concerned- I don't mind a darker, more serious tone, and don't want it to simply be the Avengers with DC characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I liked the Avengers, and did like the JL trailer, but I was a bit concerned- I don't mind a darker, more serious tone, and don't want it to simply be the Avengers with DC characters.
    I don't mind a more serious tone, but need less brooding. There's also the problem with color pallet where all the colors are just muted brown/grays like some old FPS.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    There's also the problem with color pallet where all the colors are just muted brown/grays like some old FPS.
    This isn't a real issue, it was invented by Youtube pundits as a joke.

You're saying Superman's outfit is as colorful as Supergirls?

You're saying Superman's outfit is as colorful as Supergirls?
    First off, I've never seen Supergirl. Second, just because it isn't as "colorful" as some other costume wouldn't render the initial assertion - that "all the colors are muted brown/greys" true. Third, the Superman and Supergirl costumes are almost identical in press photos.

First off, I've never seen Supergirl. Second, just because it isn't as "colorful" as some other costume wouldn't render the initial assertion - that "all the colors are muted brown/greys" true. Third, the Superman and Supergirl costumes are almost identical in press photos.
    The first couple images of Superman I find are dark drab blue, scaly look, while supergirl is a bright blue cloth, can't see how you consider that "almost identical", but to each their own. "Muted browns/grays like an some old FPS" is a reference to most of the dark monotone of BvS, everything at night and similar looking. Sure there was a desert, but I wouldn't consider that scene very lively either.

Instead of trying to attack the wording, maybe actually discuss things?

- - - Updated - - -

For another example, compare Wonder Woman from BvS to Wonderwoman from her own movie.

Instead of trying to attack the wording, maybe actually discuss things?
    There's very little to discuss there, honestly. Even if your statements were accurate, they wouldn't actually represent a criticism. Calling a film's color palette dark and muted is just an assertion of fact. Do you have some particular problem with a film that has many night scenes? What level of color warmth is objectively superior to the one in BvS?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Some people are of the opinion that movies based on comics should be somewhat bright. I'm not one of them mind you, but some people are weird.
    It sets the tone of the movie, so dark tones for Gotham/ Batman is good, but for Superman it should be more open, well lit, grander scale. BvS night scenes also had an issue with seeing what was happening at times, but not horrible for it. Superman's outfit reflected his mood, very gloomy and brooding. Wonder Woman ditching the color scheme too.

For instance, Flash's dark red armor doesn't really look right either. Obviously it's an opinion, given that I'm fine with Aquaman going dark (and Atlantis sounds more like Rlyeh in some of the quotes...) and obviously the tone fits Bats, but Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, even Cyborg should be brighter.

No its a real issue, its called Zack Snyder. Check all his fucking movie, they are all changed like that in post production.

I dunno why people expect Batman v Superman to be lit like an Italian horror movie. The closest thing to the day-glo pastel look is Batman and Robin. And there's nothing wrong with that - Batman and Robin is a fun film, and better than its reputation. But it's not the only way a superhero movie should be shot.

Deleted
    Obviously it is an issue, or DC wouldn't be pushing Suicide Squad back into Joel Schumacer levels of colour.

I love the suicide squad marketing campaign, but the entire thing screams "LOOK WE CAN BE COLOURFUL AS WELL"

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Obviously it is an issue, or DC wouldn't be pushing Suicide Squad back into Joel Schumacer levels of colour.

I love the suicide squad marketing campaign, but the entire thing screams "LOOK WE CAN BE COLOURFUL AS WELL"
    Suicide Squad actually looks nothing like Schumacher's Batman and Robin. It's counterprogramming by the marketing, as you point out, to distort people's perceptions back in DC's favor.

This is how Suicide Squad actually looks:

Apologies for the cropping, these are quickly done from the trailer to give you an impression of what I'm talking about.

Schumacher's Batman and Robin, meanwhile, looks like this:

But as you pointed out, the crucial work is done not in the film production, but the marketing.

There's another shot right after this one, where a huge colorful splash of ink is inserted into the trailer to disguise what's otherwise a totally normal cut to a skyline shot. You are being deceived.

Anyway, the point of all this is that BvS itself doesn't have a problem as a film with its look. Snyder is an incredibly gifted director visually. It has a branding problem, and the solution is branding, not making a different sort of film.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2016-07-27 at 07:58 AM.

Soooooooooooooo...

Who else is ready for them to mash the Return of Superman plot line into the formation of the Justice League movie, as well as Deathstroke being in there some where and... stuff. Yay. I'm sure this time the plot, writing, scripting and direction won't be a fractured and convoluted mess, that has to be scraped together from the cutting room floor, again.

At least we get black suited Superman? I guess. I'm sure he won't be darker, or moodier/angrier than before, or anything, given Zach Snyder's penchant for fun-loving and colorful characters.

Superman AND Batman being moody. Hell thats going overkill on the edge factor.

Ironically enough Bruce doesn't seem moody in the Justice League teaser. I mean, he even gets all smug in Arthur's face.

Deleted
    Not gonna lie, i'm digging the long hair look on Cavill.

Note that the long-hair shot is fanart, not an actual production photo.

Seriously, how is superman having a haircut? Is his body hair indestructible as well?

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Seriously, how is superman having a haircut? Is his body hair indestructible as well?
    Superman is a fictional character.