Page 78 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paperbowser View Post
    This is working for me on my 110 druid on the beta. Thank you.
    Works on Live too.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the removal of glyphs and what not I cannot seem to find the majority of the minor glyphs which I loved like the cheetah, chameleon and some more. The vendor in Moonglade seems to sell some... http://www.wowhead.com/npc=12022/lor...ntersong#sells but there suppose to be more.... as seen from the video in wowhead.

Anyone know where once can get their hands on those? And further more I really didn't understand the way those can be used... Any help is much appriciated.

Deleted
    Many of the minor glyphs that were "cosmetic" can now be created by scribes. These glyphs are consumed on use and you have to click on the spell in your spellbook that you want to change. For example if you use the cheetah glyph the spellbook opens and you have to click on the travel form spell. To unlearn you have to use the new vanishing powder on the spell. This powder is also created by a new scribe recipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Irmo. Need to check the AH for the ridiculous prices (if there are any ofc), but is there somewhere a list of things what can be made by scribes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I actually lost threat on an undergeared warrior tank in my guild on Zakuun last night, even with Maul spamming. That was odd.
    The rotation right now is Moonfire - Mangle - Thrash - Swipe as filler. Moonfire and Thrash do about 80% of the damage of Mangle, while maul does like 50%. I always overaggro tanks with similar ilvl even though i wear the trinket from Kilrogg (the haste one).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Thanks Irmo. Need to check the AH for the ridiculous prices (if there are any ofc), but is there somewhere a list of things what can be made by scribes?
    You can filter on wowhead->professions->scribe and then druid in the field on the upper right. I would have posted the link but I'm not allowed to

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    The rotation right now is Moonfire - Mangle - Thrash - Swipe as filler. Moonfire and Thrash do about 80% of the damage of Mangle, while maul does like 50%. I always overaggro tanks with similar ilvl even though i wear the trinket from Kilrogg (the haste one).
    Priority should be:
    Maintain Moonfire
    GG Moonfire
    Mangle
    Thrash
    Swipe

And for the damge, Mangle does 408% (against bleeding targets) so the 180% from Swipe are at 44% of Mangle, 154% of Thrash at 37% of Thrash and Moonfire is about 20% of Mangle.
    Additionaly, haste is the best stat for TPS generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Oh, I know the rotation. Like the first time I was like "Oh ok. Maybe he taunted by accident." But then it kept happening so I was like "Well, I'll add Maul to the mix" and kept happening.

Which was odd because I had no problem the rest of the night. Don't know what changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Oh, I know the rotation. Like the first time I was like "Oh ok. Maybe he taunted by accident." But then it kept happening so I was like "Well, I'll add Maul to the mix" and kept happening.

Which was odd because I had no problem the rest of the night. Don't know what changed.
    Tanks of equal skill and regardless of gear if your 10 ilvls over your cotank, depending on their class they can and will out TPS you and pull off you with just their normal rotation. Mainly Pallys and DK's, monks not so much, and wars it depends on their talents from what i've seen so far.

I hadn't been paying too much attention to the theorycrafting during beta, but is Moonkin affinity really the best choice for Guardian? I'd think Resto affinity would also be useful for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I hadn't been paying too much attention to the theorycrafting during beta, but is Moonkin affinity really the best choice for Guardian? I'd think Resto affinity would also be useful for raiding.
    The problem with the Resto affinity is the healing is actually half of what it says on the tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    The problem with the Resto affinity is the healing is actually half of what it says on the tooltip.
    Seriously? Well that's just incredibly disappointing :/

Seriously? Well that's just incredibly disappointing :/
    Its still quite strong in bear form with our massive health pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    That's most likely why it's been this way since MoP.

The increase range isn't all that good as a tank, because your face bashing the mobs already, and you have taunt/moonfire to range pull. If something is out of your AoE its because your not stacking the pack of melee on top of your co tanks pack or your not stacking them on the mob that casts/doesn't want to move.

Feral is probably the most useful, helps you move around faster to aggro stuff. Yes we can charge and roar but that has CD, and we no longer have cloak encs that have +move speed on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, at 2mil hp's it heals for 30K. 1.5% is nothing when you tanking, you have a healer already so its going to mostly over heal or cause your healers to over heal you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Not really, at 2mil hp's it heals for 30K. 1.5% is nothing when you tanking, you have a healer already so its going to mostly over heal or cause your healers to over heal you.
    By that argument 3% is also nothing, so nothing is lost.
    Over the course of the fight, its still quite a substantial number. It just adds up over time. The entire point here is that due to the high tank HP in Legion, 1.5% for a Bear is about equally strong as 3% for any other spec. Not an argument about its strength compared to other affinities.

Also, a fundamental thought - at 110, you will likely not be at full health most of the time, so its not going to be overhealing much. Health behavior is quite different to Draenor content. Keeping a tank fully topped off all the time is really hard work for a healer and will likely not occur at all times.

By that argument 3% is also nothing, so nothing is lost.
    Over the course of the fight, its still quite a substantial number. It just adds up over time. The entire point here is that due to the high tank HP in Legion, 1.5% for a Bear is about equally strong as 3% for any other spec. Not an argument about its strength compared to other affinities.

Also, a fundamental thought - at 110, you will likely not be at full health most of the time, so its not going to be overhealing much. Health behavior is quite different to Draenor content. Keeping a tank fully topped off all the time is really hard work for a healer and will likely not occur at all times.
    1.5% per 5 seconds yeah over a fight it will add up, but depending on a fight it can be between 30%-60% over healing, then you look at incoming heals yeah that 1.5% was effective healing but when that incoming heal lands and you also account for your mastery on the incoming heals, there is going to be over healing done making that 1.5% heal not matter. You are a tank, you are going to be getting healed no matter what and if that 1.5% is the difference between life and death then either its tank or healer error at that point. Healers are going to be keeping you topped off when your tanking, that 1.5% tick is not going to keep them from casting a heal on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Feral is probably the most useful, helps you move around faster to aggro stuff.
    Balance will be better for picking up threat; You'd have to run nearly 40yds for the 15% MS to make up for needing to be 5yds closer to attack.
    On the flip side, Feral will give more wiggle room for moving out of bad stuff, which balance will obviously do nothing about.
    And finally, if you're just fighting patchwerk and don't need to do either, Resto will heal you for a pittance, but a pittance is more than nothing I guess.

Balance also gives nice stuff like a longer range interrupt, and up to a 45yd stampeding roar (overkill sure, but awesome nonetheless). I see myself picking it unless a fight benefits greatly from movement speed (e.g. Will of the Emperor from MSV), or a fight allows for bearcatting and it remains better than pure bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Balance will be better for picking up threat; You'd have to run nearly 40yds for the 15% MS to make up for needing to be 5yds closer to attack.
    On the flip side, Feral will give more wiggle room for moving out of bad stuff, which balance will obviously do nothing about.
    And finally, if you're just fighting patchwerk and don't need to do either, Resto will heal you for a pittance, but a pittance is more than nothing I guess.

Balance also gives nice stuff like a longer range interrupt, and up to a 45yd stampeding roar (overkill sure, but awesome nonetheless). I see myself picking it unless a fight benefits greatly from movement speed (e.g. Will of the Emperor from MSV), or a fight allows for bearcatting and it remains better than pure bear.
    You have taunt and moonfire to pull at range, we tanked all this time from Vanilla till now with out an extra 5yards range with out any problem so its not really needed. You shouldn't need an extra 5yards on range interupt because you should be tanking the pack of mobs on top of it already.

Roar is 10yards base and 30 yards with Guttural Roars balance would make it 35 not 45 and if you are specced into Guttural Roars that means you don't have Wild Charge meaning you should really be specced into Feral Affinity then because if you don't have Wild Charge or Feral Affinity you are shooting your self in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post

on a totally unrelated note - its nice to see you back again you were always a favorite bear of mine.