Deleted

Re-skinning ElvUI

Over the past few weeks I've trying out alternative UIs to Elv for Legion. My problem with Elv is pretty simple, I find it pretty horrible and flat from an aesthetic point of view. The problem is, when I find a UI I like aesthetically they always seem to lack the functionality and depth of customization which Elv has. The best example I can think of is SyncUI gen 2. It's beautiful but I can't see threat via player frames or name plates as a tank, I also can't see which mobs are being tanked but not by me and which are simply untanked. As a healer I can't see atonement and many other buffs/debuffs.

Does anyone know of a method of integrating 2 such UIs so that I can keep the functionality of Elv while having the aesthetics of Sync or other visually impressive UIs?

You can put a lot of those aesthetics into ElvUI, it'll just take more time to initially set it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    You can put a lot of those aesthetics into ElvUI, it'll just take more time to initially set it up.
    Any info on how to do that would be really appreciated, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    Any info on how to do that would be really appreciated, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
    Unfortunately that's not my area of expertise. However, @Tercio might be able to point you in the right direction.

Have you thought about using LUI? It should be updated soon and honestly is gorgeous.

This thing "tanked by another tank" sound a good idea to have on an addon like Plater or EnemyGrid.

Btw @Djriff, as you play as shadow priest, you may want to see this EnemyGrid to control debuff on multi target.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Btw @Djriff, as you play as shadow priest, you may want to see this EnemyGrid to control debuff on multi target.
    You know i've been looking for an addon like that for years. Had no idea you wrote it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Have you thought about using LUI? It should be updated soon and honestly is gorgeous.
    Had a look at some pictures of it, going to try it out tonight and see what I can do with it. Still looking for advice on re-skinning Elv just in case this lacks similar functions. I'll always choose functionality over aesthetics but I'd rather have both.

Had a look at some pictures of it, going to try it out tonight and see what I can do with it. Still looking for advice on re-skinning Elv just in case this lacks similar functions. I'll always choose functionality over aesthetics but I'd rather have both.

What part(s) do you want to re-skin? There are quite a few textures to choose from with the base install and you can add more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there are plenty of textures, fonts, colours etc. to choose from. And you can tune the transparency as well. Raid frames have good configuration for horizontal/vertical health movement, absorb tracking, buff icons with times etc.

Unless you want fire SFX and dragon portraits on your unit frames with my little pony pictures all around the screen, ElvUI has plenty of config options.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baconjesus View Post
    What part(s) do you want to re-skin? There are quite a few textures to choose from with the base install and you can add more.
    Primarily I'd like a sort of framing for the action bars and data texts, like the ones in Sync UI. Also just a way to reshape the player frames and raid frames rather than them being so flat, even just being able to round the edges would be helpful.

Primarily I'd like a sort of framing for the action bars and data texts, like the ones in Sync UI. Also just a way to reshape the player frames and raid frames rather than them being so flat, even just being able to round the edges would be helpful.

I'm not entirely sure about rounding them, but you can change the texture of player frames and raid frames, you have about 10 or 15 that come with the UI. You can also add more textures to ElvUI if you want.

In this ElvUI edit: http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=286 You can see what he did with Masque to do something with the Action Bars. I would suggest asking on the ElvUI forums. They're pretty decent and tend to help people out it seems.

would love to see any speciifc fire mage reskins you find