Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Is it racist to think that it was ironic that after his killing spree he didn't commit suicide by stabbing his own guts out with his knife?

Also no surprise killing on defenseless people. It seems like when people crazy enough to do this shit they want to make the biggest splash they can which requires killing unsuspecting defenseless targets. Schools, disabled care, daycare centers, etc.
    Last edited by Revik; 2016-07-25 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Seeing as violent crime was more common back when you were young, I'd say we live in "simpler" times right now.
    Or maybe ignorance is bliss and facebook/twitter/news sites ruined that for us?
    Ignorance is indeed bliss, I was born in 86 so don't remember much until mid 90's.
    Well, this made me feel a bit better at least:

The trend lines reveal an increasingly peaceful world

Although I have to wonder... "ignition of nightwear"... wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Don't act like we haven't all shared his sentiment when you see those privileged fucks get the best parking

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Almost 20 minutes and no 'should ban all knives XDxdd xd' comments even though it's evening in the U.S.?
    At this point it goes without saying. It was in your head, nobody needed to say a word.

And this is the room where the suspect will probably end up.

Japan still has the Death Penalty and about 80% of Japans population
    support the Death Penalty.

Below is the gallows..the prisoner stands on the red square and then the trap door opens

Looks very clean..Still don't know why the USA does'nt use hanging..
    instead the USA uses lethal injection which can be problematic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-chambers.html

Wow, attacking disabled people is even more hideous.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do we stop more attacks like this from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You cant, people gonna kill just like we have done since the beginning of mankind.

Deleted
    Is this the summer of mimetism? Damn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Just now breaking. Knife attack around Tokyo.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36890655

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...apan/87544148/

http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-34912115.html

Added a few more links. Reports coming in, up to 19 possibly dead.

Reported that it was a former, 20 year old employee, turned himself in.
    What a fucking monster. You're one weak little pissant if you attack the disabled or children.

What the fuck is wrong with the world right now? All this crazy shit happening these last weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    You cant, people gonna kill just like we have done since the beginning of mankind.
    19 people just died. There must be something that can be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ignorance is indeed bliss, I was born in 86 so don't remember much until mid 90's.
    Well, this made me feel a bit better at least:

The trend lines reveal an increasingly peaceful world

Although I have to wonder... "ignition of nightwear"... wtf...
    I think things being mo peaceful has made us more susceptible to thinking that when there is violence, that it indicates that things a actually getting worse than ever. Because we don't know anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Nineteen people is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    One of the first mass killings was a Japanese veteran, he contracted tuberculosis so one day he picked up a katana and started killing people in his village. 30 dead I think? I'm not sure how he did it cause you'd think there'd be a lot of screaming.

This was in the 40's?
    There were actually samurai still lurking around at that time - so there probably wasn't a lot of screaming just due to the sheer badassity.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Active mental health screening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    During the Fukushima earthquake/tsunami/reactor breach - I think the Japanese people demonstrated the exact opposite of what you describe - a unique capacity for self-sacrifice to help save others caught in deadly circumstances. The stories out of that incident alone were some of more heroic disaster response stories I've ever heard.

Edit: FYI, I'm not at all a weeaboo, if that came off fawning - but check it out - it was very touching!
    You must've never looked beyond the surface. Fukushima showed how two faced they can be, how much they will lie and how much they're willing to cover up just to save face.
    Japan has a serious problem with not having the balls to stand up and admit you've done something wrong.

Not to mention their press freedom is absurdly atrocious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Not surprised, there is alot of grudge towards old people, and disabled people in Japan from what i have been told and seen.
    He was supposedly a former employee aswell.
    There are big social stigmas in countries like South Korea and Japan when it comes to the disabled. They're not treated well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Almost 20 minutes and no 'should ban all knives XDxdd xd' comments even though it's evening in the U.S.?
    You'll have to pry my knife roll from my cold dead hands. No really, I need them to work. Hell, you'll have to take my spoons, whisk, and tongs before you get my knives. Might as well try get my non-slip shoes off me first.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2016-07-25 at 11:36 PM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    This is Japan, a country with a pacifist constitution, some of the strictest firearms and knife laws, the lowest murder rate in the developed world, one of the lowest crime rates in the whole world, and has a homogenous and unifying culture utterly different from the rest of the world. It also accepts almost zero asylum seekers and minimal economic migration.

If a knife massacre can happen in Japan, it can happen anywhere. Nothing can prevent madmen in open societies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    This is Japan, a country with a pacifist constitution, some of the strictest firearms and knife laws, the lowest murder rate in the developed world, one of the lowest crime rates in the whole world, and has a homogenous and unifying culture utterly different from the rest of the world. It also accepts almost zero asylum seekers and minimal economic migration.

If a knife massacre can happen in Japan, it can happen anywhere. Nothing can prevent madmen in open societies.
    Why aren't people using that justification for other countries then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Except it's usually the exact opposite. Hanging is a much less humane method more often than lethal injection. They can both be pretty inhumane though. Regardless, the death penalty itself is inhumane and actually costs a significant amount more tax dollars than throwing them in prison for life would cost. The only way to make it cheaper would be to risk condemning more innocent people than there already are and even one is too many.
    I've never understood the complication that is lethal injection. Massive dose of morphine, good bye. No need for a strange three step process. Not in favor of the death penalty in most cases, but it's not difficult.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post

They've also got a corrupt, indifferent government, horrendous freedom of the press, huge population problems, crazy suicide rates and other social problems.

Look past the surface and Japan isn't the flawless land of cherry blossoms.