View Poll Results: Have you ever had your job outsourced?

Voters
28. This poll is closed
  • Yes

8 28.57%
  • No

20 71.43%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Unhappy Job OUTSOURCED - Anyone hiring?

I live in Southern California and my job just got outsourced to the Philippines! I've been out all day and the past couple days, applying everywhere as well as online and now I'm at home trying to relax and make a game plan but I'm desperate.

[MOD SNIP]

Obviously I know this is a gaming forum so I'm not expecting any serious responses but really, if you are looking for someone in my area please don't hesitate to ask.

My question for anyone browsing these forums is, have any of you had this experience? This is the first time I've worked for a private company and the CEO up and decided to outsource our jobs to the Philippines. Everyone is devastated and just kinda blind sided. I'm really at a loss and having a bad week. Please tell me your experiences and send me good vibes. Thanks.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-07-26 at 01:23 AM.

Have you considered moving to the Philippines?

10+ Year Old Account
    College - Business/Philosophy Major - 2010 to Present

What does this mean?

Well no college degree makes you fairly unhirable unless it's entry level. Your work history also implies you have no loyalty/get bored/unreliable, so I would settle for any management job you can get.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have only ever been "In-sourced(?)". Company I was working for, one day went "We can't afford to keep the doors open, so we are going to have to lay everyone off, but when things get a little better, we will bring you guys back on." then a few months later I found out that they had actually only shut down for a week, then replaced everyone with minimum wage day labor.

Sorry to hear about losing you job, I hope you are able to get back on to work soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    I have only ever been "In-sourced(?)". Company I was working for, one day went "We can't afford to keep the doors open, so we are going to have to lay everyone off, but when things get a little better, we will bring you guys back on." then a few months later I found out that they had actually only shut down for a week, then replaced everyone with minimum wage day labor.

Sorry to hear about losing you job, I hope you are able to get back on to work soon.
    Same thing happened in school districts in Wisconsin after Scott Walker did his legislating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Well no college degree makes you fairly unhirable unless it's entry level. Your work history also implies you have no loyalty/get bored/unreliable, so I would settle for any management job you can get.
    Yeah holy shit actually, you change jobs so much. 1 year turnover rate isn't very good and doesn't look good on a resume

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    First time I've seen a job application on Mmo, that's a first!

But I'm really sorry to hear that you just lost your job, I hope you have luck on your side and won't stay unemployed for long!

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Have you considered moving to the Philippines?

Looks like a blast but hey they are cheaper which is why they have my job I suppose.
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2016-07-25 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    He can go into construction or a labour based job without a college degree.

Yeah holy shit actually, you change jobs so much. 1 year turnover rate isn't very good and doesn't look good on a resume
    See, I was always told the opposite, I was taught that it shows initiative. I tried to build different experience to be multifaceted and not just limited to one type of work and I always moved up in all the jobs I worked. I always leave on good terms. I never burned bridges.
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2016-07-25 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    See, I was always told the opposite, I was taught that it shows initiative. I tried to build different experience to be multifaceted and not just limited to one type of work and I always moved up in all the jobs I worked. I always leave on good terms. I never burned bridges.
    On a resume, it makes you look like you are always looking for a better gig somewhere else. Some companies won't want to risk putting the time and effort into training you when you are already looking for a job somewhere else.

send me good vibes. Thanks.[/SIZE]
    Well you ex companies Customer Service is going to go to shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been part of two different teams that were moved to India: first was back in 2004, second was in 2007. Found a new job pretty quickly after both "re-deployments". My background is fairly technical which I believe is the reason I ended up finding a new job pretty quickly. Customer service though... sorry man, but, dime a dozen these days. You do have experience though, and that certainly helps.

On a resume, it makes you look like you are always looking for a better gig somewhere else. Some companies won't want to risk putting the time and effort into training you when you are already looking for a job somewhere else.
    Yeah I can see how that makes sense. Haha I guess I'm pretty screwed! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    First time I've seen a job application on Mmo, that's a first!

But I'm really sorry to hear that you just lost your job, I hope you have luck on your side and won't stay unemployed for long!
    I have seen it before, they all get locked.

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you put the philosophy major to use.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    You don't really have any marketable skills outside the microsoft stuff. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why don't you put the philosophy major to use.
    I think the real question is, why should he put the philosophy major to use?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I have seen it before, they all get locked.
    Well, I hope this doesn't get locked it was mostly posted to spark conversation on the topic while subtly promoting myself haha.. I'm just having a bad week.

Well, I hope this doesn't get locked it was mostly posted to spark conversation on the topic while subtly promoting myself haha.. I'm just having a bad week.
    Well you're advertising which is against the rules.