Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Except it's usually the exact opposite. Hanging is a much less humane method more often than lethal injection. They can both be pretty inhumane though. Regardless, the death penalty itself is inhumane and actually costs a significant amount more tax dollars than throwing them in prison for life would cost. The only way to make it cheaper would be to risk condemning more innocent people than there already are and even one is too many.
    Please explain how snapping someones neck resulting in instantaneous death is more inhumane then lethal injections.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Please explain how snapping someones neck resulting in instantaneous death is more inhumane then lethal injections.
    It doesn't always work that way.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why aren't people using that justification for other countries then?
    Every country's circumstances are different: ridiculous weapon laws, huge wealth inequality, disproportionate justice system, huge presence of chaotic or resource driven organized crime, poor institutions, poor police training, awful integration of large minorities, discriminatory laws, high ethnic tensions, intolerant cultures (especially those states heavily dependent or even driven by religion), bad border controls, external interference, etc. etc.

There many factors that each country has to deal with in their own unique way.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I think things being mo peaceful has made us more susceptible to thinking that when there is violence, that it indicates that things a actually getting worse than ever. Because we don't know anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to agree, and like it said in the link I posted, the news scoop everything up, compiles it, and bombard us with everything bad making it seem like it's ALWAYS going on when the "not happenings" are far more numerous.

Deleted
    Look past the surface and Japan isn't the flawless land of cherry blossoms.
    Never said it is. But when it comes to ordinary crime, Japan is the least of anyone's worries, not Japanese not foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It doesn't always work as clean as that, but then again things can go horribly wrong with lethal injections as well. I wonder if beheading via the whatchamacallit (brainfart) wasn't the cleanest way...

Edit: GUILLOTINE, that's the one!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-25 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Rectifying brainfart.

Deleted
    Sad stuff. But I wonder it doesn't happen more there - so many suicides, you would think some of them rather go against their <enemy>.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Never said it is. But when it comes to ordinary crime, Japan is the least of anyone's worries, not Japanese not foreigners.
    No offense but I think you're ignorant of the reality in Japan if you think it has low crime rates. You don't understand how much they cover up and lie, how much of the crazy amounts of crim the yakuza commit in the country. Extortion, murder, wars between rival factions, rape, it's all there. The difference is that people are too fucking scared to report it or fight it in any way and the police are impotent and incapable of dealing with it.
    Crime goes unreported, out of fear or shame.

The low crime rates in Japan are a lie.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    No offense but I think you're ignorant of the reality in Japan if you think it has low crime rates. You don't understand how much they cover up and lie, how much of the crazy amounts of crim the yakuza commit in the country. Extortion, murder, wars between rival factions, rape, it's all there. The difference is that people are too fucking scared to report it or fight it in any way and the police are impotent and incapable of dealing with it.

So if all these things happen that you say but nobody reports it, then how is it even known? Do they report it to you secretly? How about you show some sources to your claims instead of pulling crap out of your ass. Pretty high horse shit coming from the rape capital of the western world anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Prove it.

This is a sad thing. Another scumbag who attacks soft targets. Not sure if Japan has the death penalty now or not. But this guy deserves it.

There are big social stigmas in countries like South Korea and Japan when it comes to the disabled. They're not treated well.
    Insert anything not a "normal japanese", the hate for minorities in these countries are off the charts in comparison to the rest of the developed world (yes, not counting the CIS countries which are not exactly developed).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Prove it.

This is a sad thing. Another scumbag who attacks soft targets. Not sure if Japan has the death penalty now or not. But this guy deserves it.
    How the fuck do you prove such a thing? All you can do is go off reports that some officer or person living in Japan can give you. But there's no way to prove it on the internet unless you actually travel there and report on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    how is a knife attack shocking in japan when there history is full of swords and samurai's and ninja's
    That's the dumbest thing I heard all month.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

How the fuck do you prove such a thing? All you can do is go off reports that some officer or person living in Japan can give you. But there's no way to prove it on the internet unless you actually travel there and report on it.
    That was my point. And even with a eye witness report, those can be biased or only represent a very small percentage of the people. The only way is with crime statistics. But even those can lean toward a certain ideology based on how it is presented. But it is certainly more reliable than some random reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Crazies take inspiration from all the crazy shit going on, and the papers and news networks are throwing it all around, repeating the vicious cycle.
    The most violent happening I knew of before 9/11, was that Robocop scene where they gun down Alex Murphy, which didn't bother me since I knew it was fake. Simpler times...

Here we go again.
    Speciation Is Gradual

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    trump will tweet" well if the people in the disabled centre had a gun, they could've protected themselves "

The attacker obviously lost his mind. Eugenics is the only that could possibly motivate someone but he'd still have to be nuts to consider eugenics. This is a monster level crime.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Im assuming by now the goal post has been moved from knives killing people to being because it was disabled people and that is why so many were killed. No I didn't bother reading this thread. So sue me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Almost 20 minutes and no 'should ban all knives XDxdd xd' comments even though it's evening in the U.S.?
    I believe theres knife control thread for that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

he must be the last samurai to get a K/D like that

Knife attacks happen frequently in Japan. Anyways, the real problem is US Republicans and guns.