Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Each pokemon has a random spread of potential stats. So, imagine if base stats from the original pokemon were like 500 - 600 for Dragonite.
    So you would have to catch a 600 dragonite to have the best possible dragonite.
    How do you know the range?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    How do you know the range?
    Use this:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ring&sle=true#

Turns out my flareon is perfect. That's nice.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    How do you know what the IV is then? I got 9 possibillities and it ranged from 48% to 96% lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Turns out my flareon is perfect. That's nice.
    All my pokemon are shiiiit.

Edit: Not true. I got a 93% EEvee... While i already have a 53% vaporeon on 1500..
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-07-25 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It's completly random. I just caught a 100% Dratini with 175 cp and a 84% one with 565 cp.
    CP caps are not random. All pokemons have a specific CP cap depending on your level, generally you'll be able to power up a pokemon twice each level you gain. For example Magikarps CP cap is far lower than a Nidoran, but all Magikarps you get will all have the same CP cap.
    The CP you catch/hatch it with though is completely random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, don't stress about IV's unless you are a min/maxer at heart. The difference between a 0% and 100% vaporeon at max CP is somewhere around 5%. When you're vaporeon is over 50% then it becomes around 2.5% already. Just a small difference you have nothing to worry about when you realize that gym battles are only determined by the speed of your fast move anyways.

Unless Niantic drastically changes the battle system, IV's will matter little to nothing. And even when they do change the system, the difference is not that big really.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    CP caps are not random. All pokemons have a specific CP cap depending on your level, generally you'll be able to power up a pokemon twice each level you gain. For example Magikarps CP cap is far lower than a Nidoran, but all Magikarps you get will all have the same CP cap.
    The CP you catch/hatch it with though is completely random.
    CP caps are fixed by trainer level and the IV's of a Pokémon. That together will make up the collective total of all stats (health/attack/etc) and factors making the CP.
    Last edited by Shuji V2; 2016-07-25 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live on Long Island and we just had a big storm

#teaminstinct

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    look at the middle toronto shore, or by time square.... its even worse there....
    the most popular spots in central london have hardly any pokemon compared to that pier or new york, does that just mean its not very popular here?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

#teaminstinct
    I thought you were in the city?

I went to get ice cream and my friend was scared of the storm, BUT THERE IS NO SHELTER FROM IT.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the most popular spots in central london have hardly any pokemon compared to that pier or new york, does that just mean its not very popular here?
    use pokevision when your next chance is during the most popular time of the day, look for areas where alot of people will gather ,also events will havel ots, from all the people gathered

- - - Updated - - -

#teaminstinct
    #teammystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I thought you were in the city?

I went to get ice cream and my friend was scared of the storm, BUT THERE IS NO SHELTER FROM IT.
    I have worked in the city and my job does bring me their frequently, but I live in Nassau county.

- - - Updated - - -

use pokevision when your next chance is during the most popular time of the day, look for areas where alot of people will gather ,also events will havel ots, from all the people gathered

- - - Updated - - -

#teammystic
    if it were snowing.....

Deleted
    ive used it during the day in the most popular spots in london, never that many around :\ tbh i think the game isnt that popular in london :P

i also work next to charring cross station, which is one of the most touristy areas of london, so its always packed with people, still find hardly any

i need to try around camden or islington, seems like the sort of place this game will be popular with a lot of users
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-07-26 at 12:08 AM.

I have worked in the city and my job does bring me their frequently, but I live in Nassau county.
    Oh snap. I'm over in Suffolk county.

The only place over here that gets reliable good spawns is apparently Port Jeff, but that's too far for me just for pokemons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh snap. I'm over in Suffolk county.

The only place over here that gets reliable good spawns is apparently Port Jeff, but that's too far for me just for pokemons.
    Oh cool, my friends went the other day, they didnt get anything.

Oh cool, my friends went the other day, they didnt get anything.
    All I got as a big thing was a Snorlax.

Tons of Eevees, and quite a few Magikarps though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally fixed my GPS issue. WHo knew it was a simple option on my phone? No one I talked to, that's who. Anyway, two pokestops on the way home, because fucking hell it's hot. Both them gave me an egg, so there's that. Really low on balls again though.

I am at the dilemma of farming for more Kangaskhan, Farfetch'd, or Mr. Mime for when trading comes out, Oh the joy of spoofing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    I am at the dilemma of farming for more Kangaskhan, Farfetch'd, or Mr. Mime for when trading comes out, Oh the joy of spoofing.
    inb4 whining about ban for hopping continents with spoofing.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    But then again you've that Pokemon Go Gear wrist-thingy which catches Pokemon with a 100% chance already.

$40 - buy it now!
    This is HIGHLY relevant to my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    inb4 whining about ban for hopping continents with spoofing.
    I don't really care if I get banned, not really losing anything if I do.