Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People will kick up a lot of dust to make sure you don't have to prove you're a citizen to vote.
    But they wont bat an eye over the fact their votes mean nothing.

Dems decided Hillary would be "next" back when she had to sit out for Obama.
    Dems decided her compensation was a high up position where she could advance the bank account of the Clinton Foundation.
    Dems decided nobody would be allowed to challenge Hillary because it was "her turn".
    Dems decided laws shouldn't apply to the next President.
    Dems are now deciding who will get the next batch of high up positions in which to enrich themselves.

Haha, whats going to be funny is seeing big bank VPs and hedge fund managers populating the cabinet.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Sorta. Voting for Trump is like shooting yourself in the foot.
    Well its a good thing im a paraplegic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Really? Hillary Clinton specifically signing waivers allowing military weapons and materials to be given to African warlords whose soldiers were predominately young children as young as 10 years old isn't worse than Donald Trump?

Most people would see that as a Crime Against Humanity, but to you that is just Democrats, Democratin'!
    Republicans and Democrats did it, and Republicans and Democrats will do it again. And this includes Trump, who is an immoral man and who would do (or say) anything if he thought it benefited his interests. Really, there is no denying that the American government's philosophy is that of realism and that morality or ideology never plays a role in the decision it takes. If it did, it would never support Saudi Arabia. And yes, I agree that this is the case for all countries in the world. Hence the mess we're in. Only Americans can believe that their government has a moral compass and that they are "the best chance for the world." You are not.

And really, G.W. Bush, a good born-again republican, invaded a whole country under the false pretense that there were weapons of mass destruction there. And that invasion is the direct cause of the mess the whole world is stuck in with ISIS. I call that crime against humanity.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Because Republicans aren't the enemy. The establishment is. Those that would vote red/blue no matter the candidate are the 100% biggest issue with America. I am not affiliated with any party. We either need a (figurative) bomb to drop on the 2 major parties or a complete revamp of our party system. This is the first time in a very long time that it's doubtful that someone will reach 270 imo. Stein and the Green party will gain a ton of traction if Clinton is nominated and Sanders stands down.
    Oh someone forgot to tell you. 2-3 conservative supreme court justice appointments in the next 4 years would basically knock back your fight against "the establishment" half a century.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Oh someone forgot to tell you. 2-3 conservative supreme court justice appointments in the next 4 years would basically knock back your fight against "the establishment" half a century.
    I wonder if he knows that if no one reaches the amount, "the establishment" gets to choose whoever they want. And that Trump has outright said that if he is elected, he's going to be having the VP in charge of actual policy (well, only foreign and domestic... tiny parts of the spectrum I guess), and you really can't get more establishment social conservative than Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's called 'strategic voting'.

I'd vote for Mickey Mouse over giving the Republicans control of the White House.
    Stay ignorant. Oh wait, you were anyways.

As a non-American I fear the damage a Trump presidency would do for the post-World War II order in Europe. Suggesting the dismantling of NATO. Suggesting that the US would not honor the common defense pact that is what NATO is all about, which makes that essentially the same as dismantling it. Suggesting that more countries in the world should acquire nuclear weapons. Repeatedly giving favorable opinions about authoritarian strongmen like Putin. Having a very hostile attitude towards the EU. Getting his worldview from alt-right news websites online that are just crap of misinformation and lies. And we all know that the Putin regime is running a disinformation campaign targeting the West. So this shit about the hackers originating from Russia is hardly surprising and the motive isn't hard to figure out. I am very, very, very, very, very concerned about what this means for Western democracy should Trump win the Presidency. And not only for Europe's sake, for the US' sake too. I would literally support any of the candidates that ran for President. Hillary, Sanders, O'Malley, Kasich, Rubio, Bush and yes, even fucking Ted Cruz, before I would vote for Trump. I feel confident that either of the others is not a danger to the system of government that we currently have. All the others are just different policies on taxes and shit for four years. Trump is an entirely different deal. Sure, I could find som solace in the fact that the mainstream Republicans will continue to control the House, and should it come to that they could impeach Trump and just like that they would have their main man Pence at the top - who has terrible, terrible policy positions, but not a guy who is a threat to liberal democracy. But how do you think the public would take that? Would they see the truth or would Trump take to twitter and be on every channel spewing his narrative and make the country even more angry and back another alt-right, nationalistic, authoritarian, destructive Trump-endorsed candidate come 2020? Could be even more damaging. So I really, really, really hope that the Democrats - regardless of who that is - wins the Presidency now so it never comes to that. Also it would kind of suck having a person act the way Trump is acting with all the name-calling and sexism etc win... what precedent does that set for how people conduct themselves in the public forum going forward? But mainly the security thing. Please don't do it. >.<
    Last edited by Zarc; 2016-07-26 at 12:47 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I have so many bridges to sell you that you could lay them out in a line and walk to China.
    LOL. The man isn't even a politician yet, but he's corrupt? No thanks on the popsicle stick bridge's glued together with hypocrisy, double standards, and party kool aid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Republicans and Democrats did it, and Republicans and Democrats will do it again. And this includes Trump, who is an immoral man and who would do (or say) anything if he thought it benefited his interests. Really, there is no denying that the American government's philosophy is that of realism and that morality or ideology never plays a role in the decision it takes. If it did, it would never support Saudi Arabia. And yes, I agree that this is the case for all countries in the world. Hence the mess we're in. Only Americans can believe that their government has a moral compass and that they are "the best chance for the world." You are not.

And really, G.W. Bush, a good born-again republican, invaded a whole country under the false pretense that there were weapons of mass destruction there. And that invasion is the direct cause of the mess the whole world is stuck in with ISIS. I call that crime against humanity.
    What does G.W Bush have to do with anything anyone is talking about. Bush isn't running for office, a person arming child soldiers is.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I still don't get the idea that it's somehow better to replace the bought politicians with one of the people doing the buying (Trump).
    I can't find the exact quote right now (and don't have the time to look more) but Ross Perot answered this best.

Reporter: What do you say to people who claim you are just trying to buy the election.

Ross Perot: Well at least for once the American people will know who paid for it and how much.

The idea is that, yeah the person may look out for their own interests, but they won't be looking out (specifically) for the interests of a hundred others just because they paid for it. Easier to clean up the mess afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post

You want to try again with that?
    Uh, maybe you need to try reading again.

He said "Bernie's supporters are by and large younger middle class white men"

"Men" being of humans of either sex when talking in such broad strokes here.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If you think Trump is a remotely acceptable candidate you know absolutely nothing about American politics.
    says the guy who would vote for mickey mouse. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Pix757 View Post
    says the guy who would vote for mickey mouse. *facepalm*
    I'd vote for mickey mouse over the anyone running currently.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboubacar View Post
    the poor, starving, and uninsured vs the rich, black vs police, crazy rednecks with guns vs the left, etc.
    The country is so divided it would turn to tribal warfare like Africa if shit started.

I hope WikiLeaks doesn't put out any new stuff for awhile, I think it would better to savor the demise over a longer period of time.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Uh, maybe you need to try reading again.

He said "Bernie's supporters are by and large younger middle class white men"

"Men" being of humans of either sex when talking in such broad strokes here.
    That is the biggest stretch I've ever heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yeah all that corruption.

To get on UNPAID advisory boards and commissions where they advise the administration in an official capacity, yet have no actual power.

I emphasize official capacity because these people would advise the administration regardless, because they are party affiliates and, go figure, the party utilizes the experts among its members to do things.
    I don't think you get just how much pull those advisory positions have.

Look at IFRS and GAAP as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I don't think you get just how much pull those advisory positions have.

Look at IFRS and GAAP as an example.
    No doubt, but that doesn't change what I said.

These people would be advising the administration whether put on these commissions or not. These appointments simply allow it to be done in an official capacity...

Why would a president of a particular party want advice from those at best unaffiliated with their platform, or at worst, actually opposed to their platform? Trick question, they wouldn't.

Deleted
    http://observer.com/2016/07/wikileak...in-on-clinton/

"Wikileaks Dismantling of DNC Is Clear Attack by Putin on Clinton"

The headlines just get weirder and weirder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Because you like a bad economy and crippling national debt? You do realize that is what drives inflation right?
    If I wanted a bad economy and crippling national debt, I'd vote for the tax-breaks and trickle-down Republicans.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    http://observer.com/2016/07/wikileak...in-on-clinton/

"Wikileaks Dismantling of DNC Is Clear Attack by Putin on Clinton"

The headlines just get weirder and weirder
    its the *current year* and media bias is a common thing

the best journalism you can do today is sit on the internet and watch shitton of raw footage and files, I do that myself