Thread: Loot priority

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    The OP is not asking for a system. He is asking what role should get priority.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahahahahahahaha.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. We had a really nice system for that that included your attendance and also what kind of attendance you had(clear night? or wipenight?). And you would accumulate points and could /bid on items you wanted. And even if you would have priority based on your points... I could (almost never done that, we were all adults) step in and say that the item in question would be better elsewhere. If the "would be receiver of my vote"- would say no let the "pointguy" get it, it would all be fine aswell.
    Hah... This guy. I wonder if he realizes he was dead wrong yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Where does it say that? It just says 'the highest dps', which can easily refer to whichever dude's on top of the meter.
    It literally says it in the quote, like hello?

Quote Originally Posted by lambey View Post
    So me and a few friends are starting a raiding guild and we're trying to figure out loot priorities.

I believe we should prioritise the highest dps, while other members believe we should give prio to tanks / heals, especially for tier sets for the bonuses.

What are people's thoughts and how would you prioritise the gear?
    It literally says there he thinks "highest dps" should receive loot priority, while other members of his guild believe tanks or healer should. No where did it mention highest dps vs mid-tier dps. Again, the question was about which ROLE should receive gear first, not whatever you came up with.
    Last edited by GwiGwi; 2016-07-25 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post
    It literally says it in the quote, like hello?
    Your beautiful bold emphasis can be read either way as talking about roles or individuals. It's ambiguous. The OP has not been back to give any clarification, you have decided what it means on your own, I read it differently.

Hello, have a nice day.

You want to spread loot out evenly, if you prio to your top dps they can drop your group for better progression, drop your group cause they got what they wanted, or miss a raid time. You should only prio loot if your doing Main+Alt runs to funnel loot to mains.

Deleted
    We've always been running with a fair loot council, basically giving it out on an equal basis. With the odd exception of BiS items that are truly way way better for one class than others. I.e. the Blast Furnace mythic axe went to fury warriors first over DKs and ret pallys as crit / multistrike was the only thing of any value to them during that tier, while the others easily could use the Flamebender sword.

Quote Originally Posted by kaboriza View Post
    What a bunch of bull

every ''hardcore'' leader knows that dps benefit the most
    As some one who raids top 50 - 100 since 2.0, every good Guild gearing DPS>Tank>Heal.

Simple Rule more dmg less mechanics>less dmg>less healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    You want to spread loot out evenly, if you prio to your top dps they can drop your group for better progression, drop your group cause they got what they wanted.
    Dont give them a reason to easy right ? wonder why a dps would leave a good Guild. Dont be that Server rank 50 Guild that spam /2 for 24h. Get "normal" Raider from wowprogress with you know some information, you can see how mutch they hop Guilds and how they play via Logs and stuff.
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2016-07-25 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post
    Sure, the OPs goals are not made clear. Your argument was that DPS should be not priority on gear due to the potential of tanks being "one shot" and healers inability to keep up the raid, I would argue that gearing out DPS first would be more beneficial at any level of raiding.

Like I said earlier, if you're pushing progression go with DPS > Tanks > Healers. If not, go with personal loot and save yourself the drama / hassle.
    No that was not at all my arguement, what I ment if I have to be more specific that its a fine balance in my opninion. Seeing as all stats are different on the different items that drop trying to even it out is what I think is most fair towards the guild group, thats what I said.
    And all guilds struggle in different areas, finding those areas and if items can remedy that somewhat is probably the best way to go forward.
    I was in no way replying to this thread thinking high end game, seeing as it seemed that the OP was talking a bit more casual or in the beginning stages of forming a raid group.

To OP I would take every advice with a grain of salt, you have one thing thats good for you and that is that you're guild is starting up and you have the chance to test different things to find what works the best for you.
    Every single person has different experiences.
    Depending on what kind of goals you have with the guild I would probably adapt along with that

dps > tanks > healers, there is no debate for the average guild.

However, if you're just starting a guild the best answer is probably prioritize to loot to the people who are reliable and loyal. You don't want your items disappearing to a more progressed guild on the server.
    Last edited by Obsession; 2016-07-25 at 08:35 PM.

People with no clue how progression work and how to maximize it through loots shouldn't give advice to someone who ask for "loot priorities", posting "healers should be geared first" is just retarded.

Prioritizing the best DPS never ends well. The best get better and everyone else will start to resent the system when they're considered second class citizens.
    The best system is to give the upgrade to whoever needs it the most. The person with the lowest iLvl on that slot gets the item, if two people have equally low iLvl the item can be rolled.
    Tank prio should be used if you have a lot of problems with tank deaths though.

Distribute it evenly I'd say. If the best dps gets prio, he'll remain the best dps, wouldn't it be better if the OTHER dps also got stronger for the sake of the group effort?

Besides, it avoids a lot of drama to be fair and have a team-spirit when it comes to these things. It's incredible how volatile things can get around loot...
    That's speaking from a casual HC/Mythic raiding standpoint of course, no idea how the 1% of the 1% are doing it. <.<

Do yourself a favor and do group loot. Don't try to prioritize or find a system. Just let /random do its thing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The best system is to give the upgrade to whoever needs it the most. The person with the lowest iLvl on that slot gets the item, if two people have equally low iLvl the item can be rolled.
    This is a nice idea in theory, but a very bad one in practice. My previous guild decided to do this for MoP and it resulted in a minority of the raid team not bothering to buy/craft huge upgrades, grind rep gear or even get full 5man hc gear before we started raiding MSV. A lot of gear went to them as a result, and as you can imagine, the people who put a lot of effort into gearing properly before raiding started felt like they were punished for it. Not a good signal to send to the raid team.

Quote Originally Posted by lambey View Post
    So me and a few friends are starting a raiding guild and we're trying to figure out loot priorities.

I believe we should prioritise the highest dps, while other members believe we should give prio to tanks / heals, especially for tier sets for the bonuses.

What are people's thoughts and how would you prioritise the gear?
    Leader of a bunch of trashy casual raiders =).
    I lean heavily on having no prioritization, or to just encourage people to "not be an asshole." During progression though, I consider it my job to monitor what the team is lacking in gear-wise. When I get into this mindset, I see gear as a tool, not just a reward. I'll loot council and make it very clear that I'm distributing gear so that our hps/dps/survivability goes up.

All in all, if you can communicate well, build trust, and get your team to understand your intentions, they'll be okay with your priorities because they know your motivations behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks to 50-60% BiS for the raid tier, ditto healers, then EPGP the rest of the way. Award GP for priority items and the PR difference will give DPS and automatic priority for a while.

Once tanks can survive and healers can... heal, then DPS needs to get what they need to get adds down and get through DPS check fights.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-07-26 at 03:56 AM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Prioritizing the best DPS never ends well. The best get better and everyone else will start to resent the system when they're considered second class citizens.
    then tell them to man up and start doin more then 20-30th percentiles then maybe they wont be considered as 2nd class citizen compared to joe or bob who do 70-80th percentiles and carry their asses.

make sure you log raids and then weak dps will come to you and whine show it to they - 'hey, here is the dps you are doin vs what you should be doin maybe instead of whining about loot spend this time on training dummy or reading on how to utilize your class properly"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    then tell them to man up and start doin more then 20-30th percentiles then maybe they wont be considered as 2nd class citizen compared to joe or bob who do 70-80th percentiles and carry their asses.

make sure you log raids and then weak dps will come to you and whine show it to they - 'hey, here is the dps you are doin vs what you should be doin maybe instead of whining about loot spend this time on training dummy or reading on how to utilize your class properly"
    Assuming you have decent numbers, with flex raiding at least it's very easy to just sit bad DPS.

When we aren't massively outgearing content, it's hard to justify what is effectively 0.5 of a player when removing them lowers the enounter difficulty by a whole players worth.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Hah... This guy. I wonder if he realizes he was dead wrong yet.
    Look regardless if you were referring to me or not. Distributing equally works the best. The reason why I "laughed" is mostly because the increase in DPS is not that great to make it abundantly clear. Sure I think giving priority to dps if you need that sort of thing would be better vs tank or healers. Sure I agree with that. But is it worth it? All the drama that it COULD create. All the cons and pros of "is this item better for healers/dps/tanks"? All the discussions about specific pieces of loot and whom they benefit more for in terms of BIS. Seriously... My guild was "hardcore" if you will - ranked 175th at its pinnacle before I threw in the towel. Was it the best guild? No. Why not? Well we never ever went to the PTR. That would have been the next step if I didn't quit. I do wonder at times how much quicker we would have downed bosses if we did give priority to the DPS.
    Would it have been a significant thing? I very much doubt it. When normal was still normal and not heroic... we downed a few new bosses per night. Usually clearing normal (25 man) in a week, max 1 week and a day. Heroic (the now Mythic) was done Within a few months. Usually one boss per week.

I guess if we tightened our way of things... and did the PTR + priority on loot for dps+increased our raiddays from 3 to more... yeah perhaps we could have shaved off a few more numbers for our worldrank. But seriously we didn't care. And I think most players even on these boards would welcome a situation where there is no priority over loot and or raidspots. I think most here would have been very happy to reach 175 without all this stupid shit to worry about.

As everyone else claimed: DPS>tanks>healers

Higher DPS can lead to skipping dangerous mechanics, therefore making the other roles easier.

We use loot council and base it off: Performance, Attendance and BiS. If a BiS piece drops for Warlocks then we're not giving it to the mages (assuming they both performed similarly and had good attendance) For tier we follow this but consider how good the tier bonuses are for each class. Hunter's 4 set was amazing and we tried to get them their 4 set as soon as possible, while avoiding giving them tier gloves because that wasn't there BiS (before prepatch hunter tier gloves sucked). We usually geared up DPS first as bosses dying slower will impact healer's mana pools pretty harshly. we also use RC loot council which is a nice addon
    Last edited by Saiona; 2016-07-26 at 09:19 AM.