Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    As long as legion has good questing it could be ok. WOD/MOP and Cata was the most boring questing I have ever seen, especially WOD/MOP, so on-rails, and acrcade games? Shoot down the airship or whatever. It's so mindlessly boring. Compared to going back to mulgore before the utter butchering of Azeroth, in classic realms. That's when questing was good.

If Legion is like vanilla, we will all see the good game again. 3-24hour long Alterca Valley? BlackRock Mountain mystique and pvp and treasures within. Good dungeons? Haven't seen good dungeons since TBC really. Good raids? When did we last see good raids? TBC and perhaps some of WOTLK. Sort it out Blizzard, Legion could be the death of you!

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Moronic post. So people who don't consider WoW to be worth £10/month are poor? I will happily spend £20 for a cinema ticket somewhere special with great seats and food, but a month of WoW is simply not worth even a fraction of that value to me and I know I speak for a vast number of players especially in the pvp community who only continued playing due to having vast gold reserves making the tokens essentially free. They could halve the subscription and I wouldn't pay it.

Sick to death of these fucking sycophants on MMO-C who would sing the praises of a steaming pile of horse shit if it had a blizzard logo on it. Blizzard have not produced anything of value in years, the dev teams that brought starcraft, WC3, diablo2, vanilla and TBC are gone and this activision crap is a pale imitation only good for milking money from sycophants.
    LOL before you go calling me a sycophant, I never said that WoW doesn't have flaws. Every expansion there's always been stuff I've loved and hated. No matter what though, I've always had a lot of fun with WoW over the years. It's not because Blizzard is some gleaming god company. It's because they give me good content to enjoy with friends. I've tried pretty much every other major MMO on the market and they've all made me realize how good WoW still is despite some of things i really dislike about the game (archaeology and fishing come to mind, hrm).

As for my $15/mo thought, I'm not literally saying that if you don't want to pay $15/mo you're poor. Alls I'm saying is if this game is such a painful and shitty experience for you that you'll only play if it's free, maybe it's time to take a break? I mean you already just said yourself that 2 hours of non-interactive entertainment in a theater is > WoW.

It's bad to gush praise all over Blizzard. It's worse if you can see zero good things about a game and then spew vemon. You've fallen out of love with WoW. Just let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I think it will be more like Pandaria - too many daily quests (sorry world quests).
    I love dailies but when MoP first came out and I saw what was going on I wasn't a super fan because they weren't really optional, you sort of had to do them if you wanted charms for raids, you had to do them to unlock patterns and other shit some of which were locked behind 2 rep grinds tied to dailies, it never really hit me that yeah if I was able to blast through these rep grinds in a week then what would I be doing on the 2nd week? nothing, I'd probably unsub like I did during the 2nd week of WoD so when it was all said and done I liked the MoP dailies and the amount of them

Having something to do when there is nothing to do is a good thing but then again I've got like 5000+ bounties (basically world quests) complete in Diablo 3 so maybe I like that sort of thing
    Last edited by tylenol; 2016-07-25 at 11:11 PM.

I could not be more excited! It really sounds like there is going to be a variety of content to keep things interesting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Moronic post. So people who don't consider WoW to be worth £10/month are poor? I will happily spend £20 for a cinema ticket somewhere special with great seats and food, but a month of WoW is simply not worth even a fraction of that value to me and I know I speak for a vast number of players especially in the pvp community who only continued playing due to having vast gold reserves making the tokens essentially free. They could halve the subscription and I wouldn't pay it.

Sick to death of these fucking sycophants on MMO-C who would sing the praises of a steaming pile of horse shit if it had a blizzard logo on it. Blizzard have not produced anything of value in years, the dev teams that brought starcraft, WC3, diablo2, vanilla and TBC are gone and this activision crap is a pale imitation only good for milking money from sycophants.
    If you can't set aside the cost of three cups of coffee every month, you're probably poor.

If the game is so bad, stop playing.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

7+ Year Old Account
    I too make statements based on little to no facts and massive misunderstandings!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Actually, Blizzard makes $5 more per sub off of people like OP that only buy with gold, not with a monthly sub. Tokens cost $20, whereas a monthly sub, if bought normally, is $15 max.

WoD was a massive failure in how it handed out gold. The reason there are the massive 1million gold + items going in game with Legion is for that very reason. They artificially hyper inflated currency with WoD, now they're like, "Hmm, probably shouldn't have done that." and nerfed the ability for Legion. I get why they did it; because if everyone is rolling in gold, their tokens will never sell because people won't need the money. A limited time "Get it while you can!" which was WoD makes a fair amount of WoW millionaires, while leaving the majority of people under 100K gold. That way, they can still sell their tokens, and therefore make more per person than if they just sold subs.

All that aside, Legion looks fine to me and I downright lost all respect and trust for Blizzard after Cata being horrible, MoP being adequate, and WoD being the biggest pile I've seen in a long time. The fact that they then said "WoD was a success" (Because from a business standpoint it was) really pushed me away from Blizzard for a long time. I ended up spending some of my gold on a token and have been back in game since the patch and I have to say I'm enjoying myself. Some of the changes, I don't agree with and frankly feel they made just to say "Oh yeah we changed things.", but other than that, it's been pretty enjoyable. Legion is launching stronger than WoD as an entire expansion, so if their "This isn't really a promise" promise of actually getting a lot more content throughout the life of the game holds true (which will be the end of me ever playing a Blizzard product again) then I think Legion will be a fine expansion. A safe one, but a fine one.
    I like this post, it gives me hope for Legion but i still haven't seen or heard enough for me to buy it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire35 View Post
    Good gravy. I love you guys. I really do. Y'all make it hard for me to read these forums sometimes, though. The pure concentrated negativity delivered into these threads makes me cringe so hard.

OP, let me do a "what you wrote" vs "what I read" list.

1.) "I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning. "
    What I read:
    "I expected the actual expansion a month and a half early, not some features for us to play with until release."

2.) "They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing. "
    What I read:
    "I'm poor IRL and I was poor in game pre-WoD. How dare they?!" <FYI I'm poor IRL and was poor pre-WoD>

3.) "They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons."
    What I read:
    I don't cope well with change.

4.) "They've fucked over the lore."
    Blizzard didn't write my ideas on how the story should be written, therefore it isn't good lore.

5.) "Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere."
    I was raped by the color green and now even if there's other colors it's all I see.

6.) "Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions."
    I care about things that don't add much gameplay.

7.) "I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm."
    Before I start my first quest in Legion I will go in with a negative attitude.

Wow after rereading my post quick, I come off as kind of a dick. Huh. <clicks post button>
    I don't like this post, i think you put to much vinegar on your chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    This is very worrisome for all of us WoW players.
    I'm not worries.

#NotAllWoWPlayers

You guys are pathetic, if you played a single hour of beta in Legion you'd see how better the game is than the shit show that WoD was. My personal favorites, I don't notice the XP bar, I have no idea where to quest and how to prioritize shit (trust me this is a good thing), I haven't even gotten to 110 cause the leveling process, the discovering of artifacts is so much fun I'm doing it on all available classes and specs. Oh and at 110? You get to do something EVERY Day, the more you do shit, the more you progress your character, which means fun for casuals and hardcores alike. Get your negativity somewhere it belongs, I dunno, maybe the fact that WoD lasted so long, be mad at that instead.

I am in the beta. I have seen the game and what I have played sofar I like. This isn't much different from WoD.
    The overal feel of the game is the same to me as WoD is.
    I want to be "hyped" but I am not allowing myself to be. Why? Remember what happened after 3 months of WoD? Oh yeah that is right... we all lost our rose tinted goggles and saw WoD for what it was.

I am not saying to bash it, but certainly not to make it like it is the 2nd coming! We did that with WoD remember? Fuck people have short memories....
    Blizzard doesn't deserve your early praise. Wait with it until after a year or so.

Well... I have the beta for months, and its not that different from WoD, sadly. All the failures of WoD are still there guys:

Garrison's facebook mission table? Check.
    Ability pruning, destroying your class as you knew it and used to love it? Check.
    Time-gated flying? Check. (of course it is there, it allows Blizzard to create small vertical locations instead of large horizontal ones, the usual "we're being lazy" stuff)
    RNG over RNG over RNG over RNG over RNG in gearing? Check. (actually, in Legion we have even worse rng, thanks to titanforged. Welcome to the age where you never get your BiS).
    Overabundance of difficulties? Check.
    World of meleecraft in pvp? Check.

Some of things are much better though, like dungeon content being actually relevant or world quests giving actually good stuff.
    Will it be enough? Time will tell.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

No way, Legion will be MUCH MUCH worse then WoD, the game just gets worse and worse with every expansion. The changes - ability pruning? WHY? I wanna have my spellbook filled with thousands of abilities(I will never use 99% of them, but it makes the gameplay MUCH better), this change really makes all the classes just plain boring. The camera changes? FUKING DUMB, GG Blizzard now I cant even play the shitty game, cuz it makes me vomit, cuz the stupid camera changes. Whats next... Only 6 zones? U kiddin me? Vanilla, the best iteration of world of warcraft(acculy I didnt play it, but Sodappopin said so, must be truth) had DOZENS of zones (saying dozens, cos I cant even count that high). The raids looks stupid, the dungeon system is dumb, professions are useless, you dont want me to talk about pvp.... I could rant endlessly.

/end of sarcasm

There will never be another Warlords of Draenor!

Oh wait - there already was. :P

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account

All these people saying Legion is so much better than WoD. Sorry, but wasn't this exactly what happened 2 years ago? I'd be very interested in hearing your opinion in 3 months from now. Ofcourse a new expansion feels fresh and new. Even the Garrison was cool in the beginning. Don't fool yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Legion wasn't abandoned mid-development.
    Yeah.

WoD Will remain Anomalous for this reason alone.

I look forward to having reps that aren't 5 flavours worse than fucking Timbermaw.

Deleted
    I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning. They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing. They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons. They've fucked over the lore. Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere. Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions. I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm.

What's everyone's thoughts on Legion and the future of WoW in general?
    You can't get free gold anymore.
    Due to the lack of free gold you can't play wow without paying.
    They are balancing the game around weapons that everyone will use.
    The lore "is fucked".
    Too much use of the color green.
    Not enough new mounts.

Ook me in the dooker, it's all so clear now! Legion will suck! Thanks Melkandor for opening my eyes!

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate to say it, but this failure of a pre-patch, combined with them ignoring everybody's feedback on beta for the most part is very concerning. They've gutted our ability to make gold. For me it's plain and simple, the day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing. They are balancing the game around us having artifact weapons. They've fucked over the lore. Blizzard seems to love the color green because this will be the 3rd expac in a row where they shove that color in our face everywhere. Also, there's barely any new mounts coming out this expansion compared to past expansions. I hate to say it, but it seems as if Legion is headed in the direction that WoD took. As in, a subpar expansion that was worse than Cataclysm.

I find It interesting that people after WoD have gold capped, more then ever In WoW before. And I am assuming now that Blizzard does this on purpose. because of what you just wrote...

"The day I don't have enough gold to pay for my sub is the day I would stop playing"

Think about It... maybe that's their Idea? I see this as a hidden Free 2 Play model they've put In. For you to get enough gold to feel justified In still playing, and maybe buying some stuff from the market here and there.. cause why not, your sub Is paid for by gold, Isn't It?

It's worrying, that with the estimated 3.0 mil people left on WoW, I'd say at least half If they've done their garrison missions or other well would've had gold cap and enough gold to play for the next year or two perhaps.

Which just makes me think they are trying to milk the game as much as possible before It's over...Legion will fail, because more and more people will leave, even people like you who play only cause they have Gold to justifie the sub, and therefore don't feel as worried to spend 13 euros a month on the game. Money Is on all of our minds, that's how It works.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account

Find other ways to make gold. Don't whine about it.

Artifact weapons are awesome. You just don't like the grind aspect.

Lore is better than ever especially in Suramar.

Omggreenissuchabadcoloromg

So you don't like that there's a badass spider mount? Probably because you'd have to farm gold for it. Boo hoo.

Quit being a baby.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Legion can't have a worse plot than WoD so it's already better in that regard.
    Seriously, i still can't understand what the fuck is going on and why in WoD. All i know is that Garrosh went back into old Draenor and created the Iron Horde to invade Azeroth trough The Dark Portal on Azeroth which led to Outland before. So you go there to stop them, destroying the portal on the Draenor side. But then apparently you can just use mage portals to travel between the worlds. Anyway, then Garrosh dies in a cutscene and you are trying to stop Ner'zul and the other warchiefs who i thought were on Garrosh's side, and Garrosh didn't want them to get corrupted, but they get corrupted anyway, so they fight the Iron Horde as well as us, altough not all of them because some Orcs are the good guys like Thrall's father or something. Then Ner'zul escapes and comes into our timeline, and then resurrects Illidian or something, then the legion attack.

I really have no idea, because it's such a fucking clusterfuck of boring, uninteresting and already established characters most of whom already died but then got re introduced, doing... stuff that doesn't make much sense to me. It also didn't help that they cut a bunch of quests, a zone and storylines that would have filled in the blanks. And sorry but i'm not going to watch a bunch of animated series and read books/comic books just to understand what in the fuck is going on and who these characters are and what is happening to them and why.

At least in Legion it can be summed up as: The Burning Legion is attacking Azeroth, and we have to defend it. People will die, and you are Azeroth's last hope (for the 100th time)
    But as long as i get the feeling of fighting a desperate war and knowing that the whole world is at stake, and fighting against an enemy that i can't possibly win against using conventional means, like in WoTLK or BC, it should be alright. I haven't had that feeling in the last few expansions as none of the villains seemed threatening at all compared to the motherfucking Lich King and the scourge. BC also felt like a somewhat desperate war to keep the Burning Legion on Outland and destroy their leaders there.

Deathwing was a pussy and had no army behind him
    The Sha was pretty much restricted to Pandaria and it was trapped there. At no point i felt it threatening the whole world
    The Thunder King. Need i say more?
    Garrosh was alright but again he didn't feel threatening at all when the whole world united against him, even his own people, and he didn't have an invincible army.
    The Iron Horde was trapped on Draenor in the first few minutes of the expansion
    Last edited by mmocbaf13e71a2; 2016-07-27 at 10:07 PM.