Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A Bong before a Workout

Does anyone smoke weed before going to the Gym or having a run.

Apparently a lot of Athletes do:

Former NBA All-Star player, Charles Oakley has claimed that over half of NBA players smoke pot before each game.

The most decorated Olympian of all time Michael Phelps, who has won 22 medals,
    was famously photographed smoking a bong in 2009.

Elite triathlete, Clifford Drusinsky has also revealed that his runner's high is induced.

"Marijuana relaxes me and allows me to go into a controlled, meditational place," Drusinsky told Men's Journal.
    "When I get high, I train smarter and focus on form."

"I personally know boxers, body builders, cyclists, runners and athletes from all walks of life that train and compete with the assistance of marijuana," WWE wrestler Rob Van Dam wrote in a separate article, "but they might not feel comfortable sharing this information."

The World Anti-Doping Agency's decision to ban it was based on studies that suggested it
    may help athletes to stay calm and it acts as a bronchiodilator, increasing airflow to the lungs.

In 1998, Canadian snowboarder Ross Rebagliati won an Olympic gold medal after smoking marijuana.

The medal was temporarily revoked after blood tests revealed Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC – the active ingredient in cannabis) in his system, however his medal was returned because marijuana was not on the International Olympic Committee's list of banned substances (it now is, at a much higher dose than what Rebagliati had taken).

The Worlds First Marijuana Gym called the Power Plant is set to open in San Francisco.
    Here you can happily smoke a bong and pump some Iron.

http://www.techinsider.io/power-plan...ana-gym-2016-5

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/we...-san-francisco
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2016-07-26 at 02:00 AM.

Sounds like some shit weed if you can smoke it and have the energy to get off your sofa let alone workout at 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Sounds like some shit weed if you can smoke it and have the energy to get off your sofa let alone workout at 100%.

Actually, the best kinds of weed are pretty amazing. Usually when I smoked I got a little paranoid or rather just a bit paranoid thinking. I visited colorado, got some platinum x, is a brand thats good with people with anxiety and it was the most sober but must high I have ever felt. Night and day difference between all the weed I smoked before that eighth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please do. The combination of weed smell and being pumped up from lifting weights will make me wrap a dumb bell around your dumb bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Please do. The combination of weed smell and being pumped up from lifting weights will make me wrap a dumb bell around your dumb bell.
    do you even lift bro

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

The most decorated Olympian of all time Michael Phelps, who has won 22 medals,
    was famously photographed smoking a bong in 2009.

The World Anti-Doping Agency's decision to ban it was based on studies that suggested it
    may help athletes to stay calm and it acts as a bronchiodilator, increasing airflow to the lungs.

In 1998, Canadian snowboarder Ross Rebagliati won an Olympic gold medal after smoking marijuana.
    Phelps smoke weed when he was drunk and partying, not before diving into the pool for a gold medal.

"1 delta1-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol, (delta1-THC) produces bronchodilatation in asthmatic patients. 2 Administered in 62 microliter metered volumes containing 50--200 microgram by inhalation from an aerosol device to patients judged to be in a steady state, it increased peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) and forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV1). 3 The rate of onset, magnitude, and duration of the bronchodilator effect was dose related."

The above is an abstract from a study which showed that THC administered through an inhaler was shown to increase airflow to patients with asthma. It does not show that some dumbass who smokes a bowl before riding his bike will set a PR instead of coughing like an idiot.

Snowboarders smoke weed. Explain how that made him win a gold instead of being the better athlete. Also if I remember correctly it wasn't like he smoked up in the starting gate, it was just in his system because once again, snowboarders smoke weed.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You must be high now.

It helps calm me down a bit. I get a bit anxious about going out in public, including the gym or going to work. So, sometimes I'll take a hit to calm my nerves but I don't get fucking blazed beforehand.
    Nah its been a few years for me, and before colorado it had been a decade, hence the trip. I would definitely workout under the influence of that weed I smoked in colo however I would advise using a vaporizer or consumable as smoking trashs your lungs, especially weed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some weed actually gives you energy and makes you want to move more. There are many, many varieties.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Some weed actually gives you energy and makes you want to move more. There are many, many varieties.
    Sounds like someone's been lacing your cheese bruv
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Sounds like someone's been lacing your cheese bruv
    Or it's the difference between indica and sativa strains and their relative ratios of THC to CBD. The latter of which, more prevalent in sativa strains, has a stimulating effect leading to feeling energized. THC, of which indica strains have a higher ratio, is more psychoactive and gives that "couch lock" high. Then there's the hybrids in between which bend the balance one way or the other depending on their genealogy.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Different strains of weed have very different effects, since they contain different cannabinoids. Indica strains can make you very calm and drowsy (remember it by Indica -> In da Couch) and are great when you're watching movies, playing slower video games ect. Sativa strains otoh improve focus and can be quite energizing and are great while being creative. Hybrid strains can be anywhere inbetween depending on the balance.
    Sounds like you should try some sativa weed sometime.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lifting Weights, I don't think I ever did. When I was in my late teens early 20s quite often I'd smoke some weed before running, playing soccer, going for a bike ride, or when skiing, pretty much anytime I was going to be doing some aerobic exercise. These days, in my late 40s now, the only time I smoke a joint is when I'm snow boarding or mountain biking.

Even when I was a somewhat regular marijuana smoker, I never understood how someone would want to just sit on a couch while doing it. Boring!

Why the fuck would I want to do weed in the first place? Let alone before a workout.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Or it's the difference between indica and sativa strains and their relative ratios of THC to CBD. The latter of which, more prevalent in sativa strains, has a stimulating effect leading to feeling energized. THC, of which indica strains have a higher ratio, is more psychoactive and gives that "couch lock" high. Then there's the hybrids in between which bend the balance one way or the other depending on their genealogy.
    What are you a weed scientist? Sound like the delivery man in Half Baked

What are you a weed scientist? Sound like the delivery man in Half Baked
    Just a connoisseur

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You forgot to call it medicine. I once had a friend who would fight for the advocacy of it but literally followed calling it medicine with the phrase "smoke a doobie" and I couldn't take him seriously after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    You forgot to call it medicine. I once had a friend who would fight for the advocacy of it but literally followed calling it medicine with the phrase "smoke a doobie" and I couldn't take him seriously after that.
    I'm not sure what any of this is meant to mean...

Deleted
    Nope. I can see how it could calm athletes and performers though.

Deleted
    Recommended reading, Weed: The User's Guide - A 21st Century Handbook for Enjoying Marijuana:

https://www.amazon.com/Weed-Century-.../dp/B0120AUB7O

10+ Year Old Account
    That or you have some serious workout determination.