Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    why does canada even have a defense minister, they use the US as a buffer. whats to defend.. omg. please... move along, nothing to see

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Let me spell this out for you. The US is not a credible military power. You lost two wars against small domestic insurgencies armed with nothing but small arms fire. No one wants your help because it is worthless. In recent history other NATO countries have assisted you, much against the public will, not the other way around. You are a burden on the rest of NATO.
    So the first one was Vietnam, right? That wasn't a military loss. The only reason that the USA left the war was because the American people opposed it and got congress to call back the troops. What was the second war we lost to Guerrilla forces? The first war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq were victories for the USA. On top of that, to your comment about losing to small forces using soviet era weaponry, the war in Vietnam was during the soviet era, so them having soviet era weaponry isn't really an insult to the USA especially considering that the soviet era didn't end until 1991.

Canada needs to stop being a freeloading country and pay its fair share into NATO. I'm sure Trump will hold Trudeau and his SJW government to account and hopefully limit relations as needed. I wouldn't want that pathetic SJW cuck PM to even set foot in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Because we won't protect you anymore.

And the defense minister looks scared in that picture.
    What does his facial expression have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What does his facial expression have to do with anything?
    It means your country of pathetic beta males will need to grow a backbone and provide NATO with proof you're not a country of yellow bellied cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Berserker View Post
    It means your country of pathetic beta males will need to grow a backbone and provide NATO with proof you're not a country of yellow bellied cowards.
    God this is a garbage election.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Money isn't what keeps your country from being attacked. A country's military budget should change depending on how likely they are to need those services.
    that's not true at all. You need infrastructure and people in place so they can get the ball rolling at a moments notice.
    for example; if 9/11 were caused by Russia and we had to get our engineers(well, we'd have to find and hire them first) at Boeing to develop a modern bomber from scratch. That's an extreme in the other direction. Countries need a balance of their priorities, their economy, and their willingness to send their young to fight.

The exodus of German scientist leading into WW2, and the ones we got after WW2 directly lead to our place at the top of the space race. We need to maintain the contracts with the companies that employ these people. Because I guarantee you there is a Bond type villain out there that would pay handsomely.

but again tho, with keeping in mind. priorities, economy, and willingness of public support.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-07-26 at 03:05 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    It's funny because the US is actually the only country to invoke Article V.
    Must be nice to talk shit about the only country who does more than the bare minimum to help it's allies. It's ok, Canada is the little brother who gets to play ball with the big boys because the USA keeps him from gettin wrecked by the other team. I'm specifically talking about it's government and military program, this has no bearing at all on my views on the canadian people, who i think are pretty awesome.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Must be nice to talk shit about the only country who does more than the bare minimum to help it's allies. It's ok, Canada is the little brother who gets to play ball with the big boys because the USA keeps him from gettin wrecked by the other team. I'm specifically talking about it's government and military program, this has no bearing at all on my views on the canadian people, who i think are pretty awesome.
    Nah, we don't get wrecked by others because we don't go around stirring shit up.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Canada needs to stop being a freeloading country and pay its fair share into NATO. I'm sure Trump will hold Trudeau and his SJW government to account and hopefully limit relations as needed. I wouldn't want that pathetic SJW cuck PM to even set foot in America.
    How are we a freeloading country? Our military is more than adequate for what we need it to do.

Deleted
    Donald Trump will not be a thing in 2017.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    why does canada even have a defense minister, they use the US as a buffer. whats to defend.. omg. please... move along, nothing to see
    Why not? It employs people and we need to protect the arctic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    You know that stereotype of Europeans being arrogant for little reason outside of vanity? You fit that.
    Except nothing I said there was arrogant, whereas your post was ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Canada is laughable pointing out an attack by an inferior force in an age when muskets were the norm. You are nothing more than a speed bump now. Two to three weeks of carpet bombing at best. But we listen to your silliness because you are that speed bump that we allow to stay in place between the U.S. and a northern assault by Russia.
    Let me guess, another Canuck referencing the War of 1812 again? What page is this guy on, I'm going to give him a history lesson.

In short, and coming from a Brit, you Canucks did fuck all to win the War of 1812. You never even left your log cabins! America faced the might of Britain at the height of imperial power and got beaten. At the time we were torching the White House, we also had to deal with the little Frenchman with the big hat, while you Canucks just freeloaded off us just like you freeload off Uncle Sam today. I see things haven't changed much in the past 2 centuries.

So if Canada is complaining about how others run NATO, big words for a country that does almost nothing to help in the first place. Let's see Canada handle ISIS on their own or the Russian bear should they invade you. Easy to talk big when someone else has to do the fighting (and dying) for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    How are we a freeloading country? Our military is more than adequate for what we need it to do.
    Cause if the Russian bear swipes its paw at you, you will need to freeload off Uncle Sam or get steamrolled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I think the USA needs to be more isolationist.
    That's fucking stupid. You live in a globalized world, start realizing this goddamn fact, this isn't 1945.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    So the first one was Vietnam, right? That wasn't a military loss. The only reason that the USA left the war was because the American people opposed it and got congress to call back the troops. What was the second war we lost to Guerrilla forces? The first war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq were victories for the USA. On top of that, to your comment about losing to small forces using soviet era weaponry, the war in Vietnam was during the soviet era, so them having soviet era weaponry isn't really an insult to the USA especially considering that the soviet era didn't end until 1991.
    Leaving with one's tail between their legs is considered defeat in anyone's book. Take a look at that infamous photo of the helicopter above the US embassy in then Saigon in 1975. As for Iraq and Afghanistan, if you won please explain ISIS in Iraq and why the Taliban seem to control more of Afghanistan than the government? Just like calling the retreat from China in the Korean War "advancing in a different direction", the facts speak for themselves when one runs away from the enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post

Cause if the Russian bear swipes its paw at you, you will need to freeload off Uncle Sam or get steamrolled.
    So the Russia that the United States help build is a threat to the rest of the world, including the United States because of the arms race they both caused?

I'm confused, did we somehow timeskip 40 years of history, or are you just ignorant of the United States role in the world when it comes to proxy wars?

Edit: Just took the time to read through the wall of text above the quoted post and I'll be perfectly honest, you need a fucking history lesson. Did we forget about the role Canada played on D-day? Or was the greatest single operation of the entire World War 2 mean nothing to you because it's Europe?
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2016-07-26 at 05:38 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Those countries shouldn't have to pay a single dime, America is obligated to defend them either way, due to being a member.
    If America doesn't like it, they can just GTFO of NATO. But of course they won't do that, because the truth is that they need NATO for survival.

What does Canada really need NATO for anyway?

Nothing gets the dick measuring going like mentioning military spending. If we want to have a look at it, NATO has been in support of US driven "missions" and protecting its interests more often than it has ever been involved in the defense or aid of any other NATO member...so all the talk of "pulling your weight" is kind of funny, since half the time it seems that the US just uses NATO as another branch of its military. But I understand that's a difficult thing to correlate when a person is too busy self-sucking the red white and blue out of their pud to do anything close to resembling a critical thought process.

also wtf at this fucking "Iranian"/"Sikh" argument early on. He's a fuckin' Punjabi Sikh...4 seconds on google to find that...fuckin' hell this place gets worse every week.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.