Page 50 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As a liberal, I think trade is a liberalizing force in the world. You know that, we've had that debate in another thread. I think TPP can be good. For me, the main concern has been the stringent IP regulations that the U.S. is seeking to enforce across the zone. So I'm happy the platform covers that. I don't think we should throw the whole thing away.

To me, the TPP is one of those issues like ObamaCare. It has bad brand recognition, people hate it when they hear the name, but I think that if you told them the individual aspects of it (getting rid of thousands of tariffs on American goods, forcing higher labor standards on our trading partners, etc), I think people would agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    .... I am zealously anti-Clinton, but dude your at an 11, bring it down to a 6.

Nah Go hard or go home.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    As a liberal, I think trade is a liberalizing force in the world. You know that, we've had that debate in another thread. I think TPP can be good. For me, the main concern has been the stringent IP regulations that the U.S. is seeking to enforce across the zone. So I'm happy the platform covers that.
    I am completely against it because it has what NAFTA has in the ISDS and I see it as a slippery slope that I cannot abide existing. The IP aspects and gimmies to various favorite industries were especially galling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The problem is the emails. That's why people have a hard time adopting Hillary right now, despite what Bernie says. For a lot it's just not as easy as vote for the more popular candidate. She's not perfect otherwise as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    The problem is the emails. That's why people have a hard time adopting Hillary. For a lot it's just not as easy as vote for the more popular candidate.
    The emails and Tim Kaine kinda confirmed for me that ultimately Skroe was right about Hillary Clinton. And for me that is not a good thing.

Plus the DNC Leaks and them just putting Donna Brazile in charge over DWS, both are terrible choices from a Sanders voter perspective.

But she did apologize for the parties actions.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-07-26 at 04:51 AM.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Elmo looks pretty hype, I dunno.
    Elmo is hype AF at all times.

The emails and Tim Kaine kinda confirmed for me that ultimately Skroe was right about Hillary Clinton. And for me that is not a good thing.
    I totally get that. Anyone should. It's not hard to understand people want somebody more trustworthy than Hillary. Just going along with the narrative would mean to totally ignore everything that has come to light.

I am completely against it because it has what NAFTA has in the ISDS and I see it as a slippery slope that I cannot abide existing. The IP aspects and gimmies to various favorite industries were especially galling.
    ISDS requires specific violations of trade treaties, and TPP has been much better written than NAFTA. It has specific regulations and standards required of host country labor practices, for example. Of course, it hasn't gone through the meatgrinder of Congress, so there's that. The U.S. is already subject to more than 50 trade agreements which have ISDS as an arbitration measure, and only 13 cases have ever been brought against the U.S., all of which the U.S. government won. TPP, specifically, says that governments can regulate in public interest/public health without violating the TPP, and also has a mechanism for dealing with frivolous suits. They're also committed to being transparent and having public hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by jillnothill View Post
    Sure what ever you say. All we seen from you is white knighting for hillary

- - - Updated - - -

Jill not hill 2016

And she is better than Trump and Cuntion
    Cuntion, huh? Ahhh dts7842 you changed your account name.

Doesn't make your bullshit any less childish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    ISDS requires specific violations of trade treaties, and TPP has been much better written than NAFTA. It has specific regulations and standards required of host country labor practices, for example. Of course, it hasn't gone through the meatgrinder of Congress, so there's that. The U.S. is already subject to more than 50 trade agreements which have ISDS as an arbitration measure, and only 13 cases have ever been brought against the U.S., all of which the U.S. government won. TPP, specifically, says that governments can regulate in public interest/public health without violating the TPP, and also has a mechanism for dealing with frivolous suits. They're also committed to being transparent and having public hearings.
    I grow concerned because the number of cases being brought before these "courts," is skyrocketing, I also look to for example the 15th Amendment to the Constitution and how it, even though it was intended to help free'd slaves have rights, it was used as a justification and legal pretext by business lawyers to expand the powers of Corporations to the entities they are today.

With ISDS I see an alien and outside legal structure being erected, and once power is ceded, it can't easily be won back.

The problem also exists that Labour groups, environmental groups and just general citizens cannot use them. Among other concerns.

I totally get that. Anyone should. It's not hard to understand people want somebody more trustworthy than Hillary. Just going along with the narrative would mean to totally ignore everything that has come to light.
    Only people going along with the narrative are stupid or just ignorant

7+ Year Old Account
    I will grant her, that for some reason Bernie Sanders see's fit to give her some modicum of trust, even if Wells is a fucking prick about that too (I guess for him its either obedient love or enemy), and Bernie is a good man of impeccable integrity. I don't think someone who makes for such an incompetent fool as Hillary could easily corrupt a lion like Bernie. So, I'd like to think a human lives in that husk we call Clinton,

But the whole Email leak, the behavior of the DNC, and her recent choices..... really make that narrative hard to see, and make Bernies decisions that much more confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Anything wrong on the TPP? Or big banks by that matter?
    Democrats seem to think so.

Isn't the OP of this topic a Bernie diehard?

Honestly, why are Bernie supporters such sore losers? Why, can't take your own 'feeling the Bern' medicine?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post

Honestly, why are Bernie supporters such sore losers? Why, can't take your own 'feeling the Bern' medicine?
    Were Bernie supporters suppose to side with someone who said no to Bernie's policy positions?

Side note, I can't read the name Judge Dredd appropriately, I keep reading it as Dreth.... thank you Welsh as a first language. :3
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-07-26 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post

They were sold on a pack of lies and they're rightfully upset about that.

You know what all the hell-hole dictatorship nations of the world do when they want to feign democracy?

They pre-pick the winner and rig the polls.

We're more than half way there...
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Isn't Hillary both? Just asking.
    Both are both, welcome to the 2016 election.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Can I just thank America for this and the RNC, god I love you guys.

I thought I was going to pass out from laughing when someone opened there speech with a quote from Harry Potter.

So they had illegal immigrants, the "space to destroy" Mayor of Baltimore, and a women who admits to molesting her sister (Lena Dunham) already?

And Michelle Obama to tell us America was always great despite saying her husband being elected was the first time she was proud to be an American?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    So they had illegal immigrants, the "space to destroy" Mayor of Baltimore, and a women who admits to molesting her sister (Lena Dunham) already?

And Michelle Obama to tell us America was always great despite saying her husband being elected was the first time she was proud to be an American?
    Lena Dunham is an unlovable cunt.