The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    inb4 whining about ban for hopping continents with spoofing.

I won't whine about it, but at this point it's the only way for me to even catch anything. Shit I'm already sitting on over 200 pokeballs that I can't use because nothing spawns locally.

Don't need to hop far though. just pick a nearby major city and you should be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    I don't really care if I get banned, not really losing anything if I do.

This is how I feel atm. Not even worth trying to play without spoofing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    But then again you've that Pokemon Go Gear wrist-thingy which catches Pokemon with a 100% chance already.

$40 - buy it now!
    Has the 100% chance on previous catches while using the Pokemon Go Plus been confirmed? I was aware you could only catch previously caught pokemon with it, but I never seen a capture rate, and wasn't sure how a missed capture would work just using the Pokemon Go Plus.

I don't really care if I get banned, not really losing anything if I do.
    I don't really even understand the point of spoofing. It ruins the whole concept of the game which is to go out in the world, get exercise, and meet people while hunting for Pokemon. You might as well play regular Pokemon video games, or some other pc/console game if you're going to spoof. I know it sucks for people that live in the country, but people in the city can't exactly shoot shotguns in their backyard or go four-wheeling in a park.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-07-26 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Has the 100% chance on previous catches while using the Pokemon Go Plus been confirmed? I was aware you could only catch previously caught pokemon with it, but I never seen a capture rate, and wasn't sure how a missed capture would work just using the Pokemon Go Plus.
    Honestly, it would need that and infinite poke balls unlocked for me to consider it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    All I got as a big thing was a Snorlax.

Tons of Eevees, and quite a few Magikarps though.
    the park near me has a ton of magicarps and me and my friends while going to the beach caught snorlax a block away from his house lol. Mine is 1200

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly, it would need that and infinite poke balls unlocked for me to consider it.
    Guess we'll be finding out in a few more days, US release date apparently is the 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don't really even understand the point of spoofing. It ruins the whole concept of the game which is to go out in the world, get exercise, and meet people while hunting for Pokemon. You might as well play regular Pokemon video games, or some other pc/console game if you're going to spoof. I know it sucks for people that live in the country, but people in the city can't exactly shoot shotguns in their backyard or go four-wheeling in a park.
    Just because you find a game fun to play one way, doesn't mean that others can't find a different way they enjoy it.

Just because you find a game fun to play one way, doesn't mean that others can't find a different way they enjoy it.
    Yeah, there's not a lot of fun in cheating. IMO

Deleted
    Is the footprint bug still going on? I never saw a pokemon I tracked yesterday go bellow 3 footprints and I cought plenty! (albeit randomly)
    I was looking for a charmander I was tracking for an hour and a half and could not find the bastard anywhere due to that

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Is the footprint bug still going on? I never saw a pokemon I tracked yesterday go bellow 3 footprints and I cought plenty! (albeit randomly)
    I was looking for a charmander I was tracking for an hour and a half and could not find the bastard anywhere due to that
    Would at least for the moment strongly recommend using Pokevision when seeing rare pokemon on your nearby.

https://pokevision.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Would at least for the moment strongly recommend using Pokevision when seeing rare pokemon on your nearby.

https://pokevision.com/
    So thats a yes then :P How long has this bug been going?

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    So thats a yes then :P How long has this bug been going?
    Afaik, it's not a bug, but a deliberate way to reduce stress on the servers by disabling the accuracy on the nearby. Less traffic I assume.

I would suggest that they will first aim for a stable environment and once it's been released everywhere and it's stable, they might enable it again. I do hope that they do, because it's literally impossible to find pokémon without.

Edit:

I haven't been keeping up to date with this thread, so this could have been mentioned in the meantime, but I don't want to pass up a moment to notify others, before they spend a huge amount of resources on a Pokémon with low stats.

As time progressed after release, it became clear that there were actually IV in PoGo and sheets have started emerging that calculate the maximum potential of and the current potential of your pokémon.

One of those, which I personally use is:
    The Silph Road IV Calculator

I've used this to filter through my massive list of 600 Pokémon (yes I bought bags) and am currently sitting on 255, which includes a whole lot of Rattata, Pidgey and Zubat. I found out I have a 93 to 95% Machop (at 16cp, upgraded 5 times to refine), a 91% Horsea and I found out that my best Hypno is actually my worst, at 29%.

Make use of this. Don't waste your dust/candy on worthless Pokémon. (I blendered my starting Squirtle now too).
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-07-26 at 08:06 AM.

Deleted
    Ive been watching pokevision on a while and im 99% certain groups of pokemon are on a timer.
    Suddenly i have 10 eevee's spawn all over town. Then nothing. Then 8 magicarps. Then nothing for a while. Then Paras everywhere, etc.
    Once you see a "rarer" pokemon spawn, there are bound to be more to follow during the next 5 mins or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amused by the fact that Pokevision's search bar gives the example of "Santa Monica Pier". Thanks Game Grumps.

(I blendered my starting Squirtle now too).
    You monster! He was your first, sucky as he might've been but first!

On a serious note, anyone else here who's gonna lvl their starter up to the max at some point just because?

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik, it's not a bug, but a deliberate way to reduce stress on the servers by disabling the accuracy on the nearby. Less traffic I assume.

I would suggest that they will first aim for a stable environment and once it's been released everywhere and it's stable, they might enable it again. I do hope that they do, because it's literally impossible to find pokémon without.

Edit:

I haven't been keeping up to date with this thread, so this could have been mentioned in the meantime, but I don't want to pass up a moment to notify others, before they spend a huge amount of resources on a Pokémon with low stats.

As time progressed after release, it became clear that there were actually IV in PoGo and sheets have started emerging that calculate the maximum potential of and the current potential of your pokémon.

One of those, which I personally use is:
    The Silph Road IV Calculator

I've used this to filter through my massive list of 600 Pokémon (yes I bought bags) and am currently sitting on 255, which includes a whole lot of Rattata, Pidgey and Zubat. I found out I have a 93 to 95% Machop (at 16cp, upgraded 5 times to refine), a 91% Horsea and I found out that my best Hypno is actually my worst, at 29%.

Make use of this. Don't waste your dust/candy on worthless Pokémon. (I blendered my starting Squirtle now too).
    I will quote my response from 2 pages back in regards to IV's:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Guys, don't stress about IV's unless you are a min/maxer at heart. The difference between a 0% and 100% vaporeon at max CP is somewhere around 5%. When you're vaporeon is over 50% then it becomes around 2.5% already. Just a small difference you have nothing to worry about when you realize that gym battles are only determined by the speed of your fast move anyways.

Unless Niantic drastically changes the battle system, IV's will matter little to nothing. And even when they do change the system, the difference is not that big really
    Once again I would like to stress, MOVESET is king. You have a 100% Golduck with confusion? Thats too bad mate, water gun deals triple the damage. You can grind it now. As long as the current battlesystem is in place nothing else will matter. Not IV's, not type advance, just whether they have water gun or not. It's not really a surprise why most water pokémon are in the top tier of battling while the rest pretty much sucks :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Went on a grocery shopping trip. Caught a Magmar and Rhydon I didn't have, plus a bunch of candy fodder. Couldn't find the Venusaur or Scyther that popped up, even pokevision wasn't helping me out in enough time to find them before despawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been complaining about the lack of pokestops here. Decided to go out tonight and see what I could get. Started out shit. Got to my first usual stop. Three items, ZERO balls. Horseshit. Then, my egg hatched. Yay. Second egg, second damn Tangela. What the fuck is wrong with my luck? Second stop, didn't realize the restaurant has water jets that shoot out into the highway at night. Great. Fucking hell. So, even in the heat, I decide to check out downtown for the first time. Holy shit. Within a two-block radius, walking in a circle, I never ran out of pokestops. And there's some weird shit too. One was a wall, where some storage building used to be. One was a mural, that is more graffiti than mural. Anyway, while I didn't really catch much, I got forty balls plus other items out of it. And downtown is the only area here that is, to put it politely, designed to be filled with pedestrians. Sidewalks all the way around and everything (yeah, that's a big deal here). On my way back, two eggs hatched. First one, a Machop! Ok, I don't have one yet, so good deal. Second one, a PORYGON. Ok, so I don't know how rare it is in THIS game, but I know Porygon is super rare usually. So, all in all, I'm hot and tired but I think it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I will quote my response from 2 pages back in regards to IV's:

Once again I would like to stress, MOVESET is king. You have a 100% Golduck with confusion? Thats too bad mate, water gun deals triple the damage. You can grind it now. As long as the current battlesystem is in place nothing else will matter. Not IV's, not type advance, just whether they have water gun or not. It's not really a surprise why most water pokémon are in the top tier of battling while the rest pretty much sucks :P
    It comes down to needing both, though I agree that the move-sets will immediately outweigh the importance of the stats, but that doesn't mean you can't combine the effort.

Since abilities change on evolution, you can start with a baseline Pokemon with good stats. Then chain evolves, then throw or keep.

10+ Year Old Account
    The memes that have spawned since learning what the team leaders look like have been great

specifically spark and team instinct