Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-minister.html

DJT is becoming more and more unpopular with every day that goes by. He really is a rookie at this isn't he? Truly underestimating the value of NATO some would argue.
    Canada pretending they have a valid opinion. I don't even know why anyone would expect differently from the dude weed government.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What does Canada really need NATO for anyway?
    We don't. Even if we weren't a member the US and crew would protect us.

You're making it worse by typing shit.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Donald trump is making good business deals for America before he even gets into office. Who do you think these nato allies are going to buy weapons from?. That is a huge amount of money for the USA, if 10 countries need to spend and extra 1% of their gdp per year on weapons, that is alot of bread. Why do you think he always says this stuff that sounds so outlandish?, its because they are taking the bread out of our kids mouths.

Protect you from what? The only country that would invade Canada is the US.

Protect you from what? The only country that would invade Canada is the US.
    Canada will become east alaska in the near future. I 100% support invading canada.

Thats weird that canadas top defense official is from a foreign 3rd world country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Nothing gets the dick measuring going like mentioning military spending. If we want to have a look at it, NATO has been in support of US driven "missions" and protecting its interests more often than it has ever been involved in the defense or aid of any other NATO member...so all the talk of "pulling your weight" is kind of funny, since half the time it seems that the US just uses NATO as another branch of its military. But I understand that's a difficult thing to correlate when a person is too busy self-sucking the red white and blue out of their pud to do anything close to resembling a critical thought process.

also wtf at this fucking "Iranian"/"Sikh" argument early on. He's a fuckin' Punjabi Sikh...4 seconds on google to find that...fuckin' hell this place gets worse every week.
    You know why "NATO has been in support of US driven "missions" and protecting its interests"? the US pretty much runs the show, when your countries military makes up over half of NATO you pretty much dictate what goes on, so yeah it pretty much is another branch of the US military, considering each time things like logistics were left up to other NATO members throughout NATOs history it has always been a disaster, lets not forget how France and England went into Libya, the US followed as support then were left holding their dicks when both backed out expecting the US to take over...

It's sort of like how the US can tell the UN to go fuck themselves, the US accounts for 22% of UN (voluntary) contributions, the next closest is Japan with 9%

Edit, I don't support either of these 2 fucks running just for the record

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But he's got a Canadian citizenship, hence being the Canadian defense minister. And he's from India, not Iran.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harjit_Sajjan
    Had he been born in Canada could he not be a Sikh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You're making it worse by typing shit.
    It's the truth. Canada isn't out making enemies like other countries. Under PM Trudeau we are regaining our place as the leading peacekeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    no, duh. they are mutually exclusive!
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    You know why "NATO has been in support of US driven "missions" and protecting its interests"? the US pretty much runs the show, when your countries military makes up over half of NATO you pretty much dictate what goes on, so yeah it pretty much is another branch of the US military, considering each time things like logistics were left up to other NATO members throughout NATOs history it has always been a disaster, lets not forget how France and England went into Libya, the US followed as support then were left holding their dicks when both backed out expecting the US to take over...

It's sort of like how the US can tell the UN to go fuck themselves, the US accounts for 22% of UN (voluntary) contributions, the next closest is Japan with 9%

Edit, I don't support either of these 2 fucks running just for the record
    Nobody in the US "took over" on Unified Protector, it was a NATO mission, a rather successful one. You may be thinking of the early unilateral interventions in March 2011? There's not much to support your claim of "logistical disasters" in those operations by France, UK and Canada. At which point the US wanted to scale back its involvement and it was then handed over to NATO in Operation Unified Protector, commanded jointly by US, Canadian and Italian elements.

Am I missing a joke in here? Is this like the 201x equivalent of a "saved your asses in ww2" thing?

It's also not as if your spending is entirely dedicated to NATO. It's just a number on paper, it doesn't account for whether or not that money is put into NATO missions or unilateral missions by the US such as Iraq/Syria(OIR), Pakistan, Sudan, Cameroon, and then all of the shit that sits in storage at home. US obviously has a lot to get a handle of in terms of their spending needs compared to practically every other NATO member.

It's nobody else's problem that they've got their fingers in too many pies. But hey, it's obviously something to be overtly prideful about lol. So you got that going for ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly, possibly not. I deleted my post, but not soon enough, after realizing this discussion had already fizzled out anyways.
    Putin khuliyo

It's the truth. Canada isn't out making enemies like other countries. Under PM Trudeau we are regaining our place as the leading peacekeeper.
    Our role as a member of NATO is more than just protecting ourselves from some unlikely Warsaw Pact revival tour. It is important for our role as peace keepers, but also our role in ensuring safety and stability to people who need it most and can't get it. Our boys and girls work and fight hard and I'm proud of their contributions to the cause. In short, we need NATO because it's part of our identity going back to WW1.

I think we contribute enough, could do more, not a big deal...only becomes an issue every 2-4 years when some blowhard politician is begging for votes from the "fuck all those other people!" demographic.

Also in before "but where?!", it's called JTF2 and actual functioning opsec...not a bunch of SEALs and MARSOC, or their friends/family, posting shit on facebook.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-07-26 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Leaving with one's tail between their legs is considered defeat in anyone's book. Take a look at that infamous photo of the helicopter above the US embassy in then Saigon in 1975. As for Iraq and Afghanistan, if you won please explain ISIS in Iraq and why the Taliban seem to control more of Afghanistan than the government? Just like calling the retreat from China in the Korean War "advancing in a different direction", the facts speak for themselves when one runs away from the enemy.
    Your point was that we lost to a small rebel group with obsolete technology when soviet era technology was the modern technology during the war in Vietnam seeing as that war was a proxy war between the USA and the USSR (Soviet Union if you didn't know), but we didn't lose to their military, we lost because the American people were against the war, so the USA didn't lose to a bunch of insurgents with what you idiotically thought was outdated weaponry, but we lost due to the war losing the support of the American people. On top of that, ISIS was not the enemy in Iraq or Afghanistan and only popped because we won the war in Iraq and left a power vacuum. Last I checked, military victories don't necessitate setting up a stable government before you leave, all that's required is defeating your enemy which we did. Al Quaeda was defeated, Saddam Hussein and his party were taken out of power, the Taliban was taken out of power in Afghanistan, Osama bin Laden was killed, and the 2015 Taliban Resurgence in Afghanistan was stopped. Saying that we lost the war in Iraq because ISIS popped up is like saying that we lost WWI because Nazi's popped up and took over Germany, as in it's just retarded logic to say we lost the war because a new enemy rose out of the ashes of the old one that we defeated. And if that's not enough of an analogy for you, look up the Fall of Carthage. The Romans won and Carthage fell as a result, but by some miracle Carthage was able to come back from defeat and fought the Romans again only to lose a second time. The point is that the fact of the Romans defeating Carthage the first time is not erased by Carthage coming back from that very same defeat.

Except nothing I said there was arrogant, whereas your post was ignorant.
    It must have been. Or you wouldn't have to defend it with another arrogant statement.

I kind of assumed Trumps comments about not automatically helping allies in NATO was a back-handed way of saying that US wouldn't come to Turkeys defence because of all the shit they've been causing for everyone else.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only country that would invade Canada is the US.
    I think they are still hurt from their last attempt lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    So the first one was Vietnam, right? That wasn't a military loss.
    Sorry dude but it was, when you get fed up of not winning so you quit that's called losing. If you tap out and quit it goes down as a loss not a draw or a no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Sorry dude but it was, when you get fed up of not winning so you quit that's called losing. If you tap out and quit it goes down as a loss not a draw or a no contest.
    The only reason that the American army was pulled out was because the American people protested the war and made congress bring the troops home. And how were the Americans sick of losing the war? Most of the major battles ended in American victory and by the end of the war the North Vietnamese had lost as many as 1.1 million troops while the American/South Vietnamese joint force had lost only about 290,000 troops (with 230,000 of those being South Vietnamese). So who was losing the war up until protests against the war pushed congress to call the troops back? The side with over a million losses or the side that suffered only about 60,000 losses?

All that being said not a military loss =/= not a loss. Regardless of the reason, America went to war to stop the communists from taking over Vietnam and in the end they did just that, so it's a loss for America, but it was by no means due to the military might of the Viet Cong which is what was claimed in the post I was responded to. Had the American people not protested against the war then America would've won, or are you going to keep trying to claim that the side that had suffered only 5.5% of the losses that their opponents did was losing the war?
    Last edited by Vynny; 2016-07-26 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump isn't aiming to be helpful. he's aiming to get his name out there. it's marketing 101
    Hi