10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Has anyone run into Gore Magala yet? I know theres that arena quest but i swear i heard hes back in the main game and his bow is my favourite pre HR bow.
    He's 6* village

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I just bought MH generations (have never played MH before) and I don't know which weapon/style to use, any suggestions?
    Sword and Shield is a good beginner weapon and also the most OP weapon in Generations right now. SnS mainly uses Striker style. I'd also say Dual Blades is pretty forgiving as well. You can go Adept or Aerial with it. For gunner weapons Bow is easily the most accessible. Bow uses Adept style.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Has anyone run into Gore Magala yet? I know theres that arena quest but i swear i heard hes back in the main game and his bow is my favourite pre HR bow.
    He's apparently really late into low rank for village. Pretty sure s.magala is significantly ahead of gore.

I just bought MH generations (have never played MH before) and I don't know which weapon/style to use, any suggestions?
    I'd say go into training and futz around with different ones to see what you find fun. Every weapon is viable and relatively well balanced, so its really a matter of what you find enjoyable.

Generally same goes for styles, though there are certain weapons that really just shouldn't be paired with certain styles. but that's more on a case by case.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    I was in this situation a couple of days ago. For me, long sword, dual blades and hammer made the most sense. I liked the Insect Glaive a lot, but thought it would be too complex to learn the game with. I reaaaally didn't like the lance and gunlance. The bowcannon is quite fun, but I think starting with a melee weapon is easiest. Be sure to try out combos with both X, A as well as R. The game took me a while to get into, and at first I thought it wasn't that much fun, but now that I'm on the three starred missions it's really opening up. The 2 starred ones also had quite some nice missions in it (for a beginner like us ).

Some mechanics are a bit clunky I think, but overall I think the game is very worth it.

AAAAUUGHH i cannot stand all there 3* missions. I'll very likely just ditch everything but village quests and do only key ones to reach 4* as soon as possible.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    AAAAUUGHH i cannot stand all there 3* missions. I'll very likely just ditch everything but village quests and do only key ones to reach 4* as soon as possible.
    Heres the rub: they give you the healing hunter arts/debuff removal and some of the best low rank foodstuff.

You are about to enter a world of time sink horror... good luck!

On a random note the mizutsune DB's gotta be one of the coolest weapons to ever grace the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    On a random note the mizutsune DB's gotta be one of the coolest weapons to ever grace the game.

They are my favorite water weapon so far.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

The Bows pretty rad, puling the string 'plays' bits of its "YYOOOOOOOOOOOOO.wav" style music when you fight.

Starting to clean out the 5* village quests and rocking that Blangogo bow like a boss...Might try Dual Blades or Hammer soonish though. Charge Blade didn't jive with me, but I was only trying it in multiplayer so attacking the relative meatbags that are hub monsters is probably making it feel relatively weaker than it actually is.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

I did not have a fun time with uragaan. Though I feel like he fell over and I had barely begun to rail into him. I wonder if it has lower hp or if I was just expecting it to have a lot more for what it looks like.

Probably just expecting more. I broke his jaw pretty quickly (still using bow) and he fell over kinda fast. Luckily got myself some lava nuggets.

Almost done with 5* quests and just did three of the flagship monsters (assuming Glavenus is urgent or will be later after I clean out some more). I'm happy to get to 6* because I bloody want the Seregios parts for the armor (constitution + bow = less stamina issues). Anyone know if Village quests ever become HR or are they LR all the way through 7* and Hub quests are the only way to do HR for Generations?
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

lol what the fuck was that cutscene after you kill glavenous, and really credits there you've barely scraped the surface on the game haven't even fought like half the monsters and they roll the credits? Wat?

I'm still happy with this game but they made so many odd choices, I didn't expect a full on story etc like in 4u this being a greatest hits but man this seems oddly half assed except that cutscene probably took some work even though its random as all hell. Odd design decisions over there in that dev studio.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Leblue I've heard they're basically all low rank except at the very end where there's some fake high rank that I believe still gives low rank parts but is a middle ground between low and high rank in a wonky way.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Poppincaps @dope_danny so going back to that perfect cat convo, both of those cats they gave out have the "core" of what poppin mentioned, so is there any reason to play one over the other? Ones a fighter while the other is whatever the purple symbol is.

I think some sort of story mode gives the single player (village) quests a sense of purpose. While the completion part of it for me is there, I would've liked something more like 4U because you've got that goal in mind while it feels like you were working up to it. Just about done cleaning out 5* missions though so yay \o/

@Poppincaps @dope_danny so going back to that perfect cat convo, both of those cats they gave out have the "core" of what poppin mentioned, so is there any reason to play one over the other? Ones a fighter while the other is whatever the purple symbol is.
    They arent mean for prowler mode so much as to take with you i think. Could be wrong since they get earplugs but assist in particular is the most balanced support when going solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol what the fuck was that cutscene after you kill glavenous, and really credits there you've barely scraped the surface on the game haven't even fought like half the monsters and they roll the credits? Wat?

I'm still happy with this game but they made so many odd choices, I didn't expect a full on story etc like in 4u this being a greatest hits but man this seems oddly half assed except that cutscene probably took some work even though its random as all hell. Odd design decisions over there in that dev studio.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Leblue I've heard they're basically all low rank except at the very end where there's some fake high rank that I believe still gives low rank parts but is a middle ground between low and high rank in a wonky way.

- - - Updated - - -
    I believe Fighter does more damage and Assist charges your ability gauge faster. But honestly with Fighter you only need enough gauge to keep Big Boomerang and Piercing Boomerang up which isn't hard at all and you'll probably have some leftovers for Emergency Exit.

I think most prowler speedruns use a Fighter cat but it's possible that it's less forgiving due to not generating as much ability gauge. So Assist could be useful when you're first getting the hang of the boomerang cat.

Village Quests 5* and credits complete.

Is anyone else kinda annoyed how bloody long the f'ing credits took in addition to not liking them near as much as MH4U's credits? I mean its totally subjective, but I really enjoyed the end credit cutscenes of 4U and it didn't feel like it took ages to clear through

Onwards to 6 and kicking the poopy out of even more monsters. Swapped to the Glavenus bow and need to make the Seregios/Kecha Mixed set for constitution and Stam recovery. Alternatively I could make a bunch of mega dash juices but too much work.

@Leblue yeah I have no idea why the hell they don't let you just skip the credits. Ain't nobody want to sit through that.

- - - Updated - - -

I picked up the flag at the very start of the kirin quest.

Ohman.

Well i had my first triple cart. The large white ape whos name i forget just kicked the shit out of me, got it to running off to sleep and limping but every hit it did took off 70% of my health so a two shot was very easy.
    Guess i finally need to upgrade the base jaggy/bully set but so far still no good bow sets available bar evade which is now kind of pointless with adept anyway :/

I just finished the last of my village quests (I've fully cleared except for like two quests I need to unlock from hub quests) and while I planned on making a Seregios mixed set with Kecha parts (which admittedly you have to go into HR hub quests) I ended up clearing everything out with the jaggy/bully set. The only monster that I ended up triple carting on was a HR Yian Garuga that they snuck in there on me in the 6* village quests (its even an Advanced quest and the only one I ever saw in village).

Also the monster you're talking about is absolutely obnoxious but I like his wind up punch. I think the worst part about him (and some of the raptors for that matter) is the number of small monsters that seem to swarm around you and just screw everything up. Level 3 charge? Not anymore.

Now that I'm effectively done with the offline mode, its time to really hit the online mode. I'm probably making a hard switch from adept bow to aerial DB which is going to be a nice learning curve for me.

Well in all my checking the best low rank bow appears to be the 3* jaggi cap and waist moshgarl the rest set. Which means pale extract from khezu, bomb berry and hot pepper from the marshlands and bumblepumpkins from using the farm to generate might seeds. focus and attack up.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that set made some difference, killed the ape in under 3 minutes with a bow. Dat focus buff.